Spare dolly tire

double r

Dock delivery expert
Credits
How many carry a spare tire for the dolly(two wheeler) in their truck? Found out today, it comes in handy when your tire goes flat at your first stop. Only problem, THE SPARE TIRE WAS IN THE OTHER TRUCK! For some odd reason, the other truck has two spare tires and I had NONE! What fun to unload with a damm flat tire. Oh well, got it done and changed the tire when I got back. Warehouse is sending down another tire in the morning for me to leave in the side box :). It's mine, all mine!

When I was at Apperts/sysco we had spare tires. When I worked at dawn foods we didn't have spare tires because the transportation manager thought it was a waste of money and didn't think it made sense. I got a flat tire one day and I was pissed having to move a pallet of flour into a bakery with a flat tire.

How many carry a spare tire for the dolly(two wheeler) in their truck? Found out today, it comes in handy when your tire goes flat at your first stop. Only problem, THE SPARE TIRE WAS IN THE OTHER TRUCK! For some odd reason, the other truck has two spare tires and I had NONE! What fun to unload with a damm flat tire. Oh well, got it done and changed the tire when I got back. Warehouse is sending down another tire in the morning for me to leave in the side box :). It's mine, all mine!

Get yourself a can of that Slime, it will repair your leak, air it up and it will at least get you through the day, I finally went to hard tires, I'm the flat king. I have had 3 so far this season on shuttle, its not even hot yet, and yes wise guys I check my tires before I leave, mty and loaded!

RR just hook the slime up to the stem, they give you a little tool to remove the core, squirt it in there, spin the tire, then air that booger up, I actually used to use it for complete tire repair, I've ran 3 months on a dolly tire repaired with slime.

I can't believe I'm sharing that with you after your short sheeting me on that interview...LOL ;)

why not have solid tires... i have the solid bigger tires on my 2 two wheelers, fold down and uboat... they never let me down had them on my most used two wheeler for over 5 years now and the tread is still thick. only had to replace the bearings because of the stairs we deal with on deliveries...

why not have solid tires... i have the solid bigger tires on my 2 two wheelers, fold down and uboat... they never let me down had them on my most used two wheeler for over 5 years now and the tread is still thick. only had to replace the bearings because of the stairs we deal with on deliveries...
When the company pays for solid tires, then I will have them. They own the equipment, not I. :)

US Foods in Garland TX makes drivers buy their two wheelers. They also make them pay for their company issued scanners if lost or damaged.

US Foods in Garland TX makes drivers buy their two wheelers. They also make them pay for their company issued scanners if lost or damaged.

I get the scanner thing, I have bought a couple myself, but the wheelers? I would have thought they wouldn't have let that little jewel of a deal slip into the contract!

Even we don't have to buy our wheelers.