ABF | Speaking of surveys...

Trucker 206

TB Veteran
Credits
Did any terminals have to re-take that survey we did a few months back? Seems at our barn we 'failed' the survey. Not quite sure what that means, but we had to do it again...all of us.

I didn't take it. Asked me today. Said can you come take this survey it only takes 5 mins. I said what does it pay? Well it doesn't it's voluntary. I said if it's voluntary I ain't volunteering. Have a good day

So the company wants my opinion about how it's run? And........they're going to put me on the clock so I can give it to them?..........Anonymous?........ yeah, right..........They already know who I am on Trucking boards,.......And.......they know my opinion , both of the Union and company (mis)management...........

Sure, fine! ...........I'll sit at the TM's desk on company time ,.....and ponder my answers v-e-r-y carefully. At least a cuppa coffees' worth.

So they've got a pile of money to throw at SurveyMonkey to develop an on-line survey............to determine underlying morale issues...........What a great 21st century answer....... to an 18th century question: "Even though we're paying them less and working them harder...... How come our employees don't like us enough to make us more profit?"

Carnegie, Frick, and Vanderbilt all used to ask the same question. Shame they didn't have SurveyMonkey back then........

They already know who I am on Trucking boards,.......And.......they know my opinion , both of the Union and company (mis)management...........
This is some funny ::shit::. You're on a roll this AM, were you eating those nine eyed carp?
So they've got a pile of money to throw at SurveyMonkey to develop an on-line survey............to determine underlying morale issues...........What a great 21st century answer....... to an 18th century question: "Even though we're paying them less and working them harder...... How come our employees don't like us enough to make us more profit?"
Really, if they can't figure it out they really are missing something.

We were told that they want us to keep taking the surveys every six months or year to see if opinions change over time.

If I recall, the surveys were the very beginning of Contract Season. These are the "feelers", the attitude of employees before we get to the issues employees have. And as Contract Labor, we fail at everything, operating ratio, any percentage goals they post on bulletin boards, etc, anyone see a safety bonus from a program in a couple years? revenue, even gains are losses compared to some other time period and then blamed on us.. We are failures.. LOL.. But much love to all my fellow contract ABFers.. we are all in it together and sign of Mrs j..

My opinion is that they bought a new 'toy" with our pay cut and vacation giveback..........an intermodal division. And......like any new toy, that's the one that concerns them the most,........to the LTL side's detriment.

The sales force is finding that it's easier to sell non-Union intermodal freight. They are no longer captive to the LTL side. At any rate, they are spending the bulk of their day selling truckload and intermodal services,........ And our LTL competitors are getting the lion's share out on the street.

How many customers tell you they haven't seen an ABF salesman in months........ Or maybe even a year? How many times do you bring a lead into a salesman and follow up a week later , only to get the "deer in the headlights" look?

ABF wants out of the LTL business. They want rid of those whiny, belligerent employees and their expensive pension liabilities. They're not looking to replace the 75% of us who are within five years of retirement. They're not looking to replace those aging trucks with 800,000+ miles on them........

They'd rather have trucks with leaping jaguars on them , and Julio or Amal ,......or who knows...... or cares? .....driving them.......

That's my opinion. When they ask me in the survey if I understand ABF's long-term goals, I answered "yes" with that in mind.

My opinion is that they bought a new 'toy" with our pay cut and vacation giveback..........an intermodal division. And......like any new toy, that's the one that concerns them the most,........to the LTL side's detriment.

The sales force is finding that it's easier to sell non-Union intermodal freight. They are no longer captive to the LTL side. At any rate, they are spending the bulk of their day selling truckload and intermodal services,........ And our LTL competitors are getting the lion's share out on the street.

How many customers tell you they haven't seen an ABF salesman in months........ Or maybe even a year? How many times do you bring a lead into a salesman and follow up a week later , only to get the "deer in the headlights" look?

ABF wants out of the LTL business. They want rid of those whiny, belligerent employees and their expensive pension liabilities. They're not looking to replace the 75% of us who are within five years of retirement. They're not looking to replace those aging trucks with 800,000+ miles on them........

They'd rather have trucks with leaping jaguars on them , and Julio or Amal ,......or who knows...... or cares? .....driving them.......

That's my opinion. When they ask me in the survey if I understand ABF's long-term goals, I answered "yes" with that in mind.
Bingo canary, that's exactly what is happening freight value is just one of the big problems we are facing a long with flatbed & the container division. They had a nice piece on yahoo finance about Arcbest Corp & what they thought about the current leadership running the place. I don't know how to post on here from another site, but if someone does the article is ArcBest corp.- Value Analysis (Nasdaq: arcb)....