XPO | Speculation on Changes Beginning in 2017

vetran peddleman

FOR ENTERTAINMENT USE ONLY
Credits
I can't remember if the topic of 'speculative changes coming in 2017' has been discussed on any previous threads, maybe they have... but no harm in rehashing them again...right??? Topics on this board, to me at least, seem to have lost steam.

I'll just throw out a couple of topics to prime the pump to get things started.

Current PTO Package -What do you think they'll do w/ our current PTO package beginning next year? Will they keep it the same or reduce it?

Management Rotation - How about moving, different location, management jobs, mandatory, every 3-4 years or so instead of a guy staying at his/her current location for 10-20 or more years? I look at it this way...I never know which run I'll be on from one day to the next...sooooooooo why shouldn't management be exposed to that same kind of uncertainty occasionally? Besides...who knows, maybe I'd get a better guy running our barn for a real refreshing and much appreciated change, or I could roll snake eyes and get somebody even worse. I'd be willing to gamble w/ all things considered though.

Im not really sure where its gonna go I really don't think xpo is gonna wanna pay us over 100k a year to run linehaul that might change I think we will see more long boxes and I hope guys start taking better care of equipment because I don't think there will be anything new coming anytime soon they just keep cutting more and more runs at least were im at they are all I can say is good luck to all of us

I can't remember if the topic of 'speculative changes coming in 2017' has been discussed on any previous threads, maybe they have... but no harm in rehashing them again...right??? Topics on this board, to me at least, seem to have lost steam.

Current PTO Package -What do you think they'll do w/ our current PTO package beginning next year? Will they keep it the same or reduce it?

Management Rotation - How about moving, different location, management jobs, mandatory, every 3-4 years or so instead of a guy staying at his/her current location for 10-20 or more years? I look at it this way...I never know which run I'll be on from one day to the next...sooooooooo why shouldn't management be exposed to that same kind of uncertainty occasionally? Besides...who knows, maybe I'd get a better guy running our barn for a real refreshing and much appreciated change, or I could roll snake eyes and get somebody even worse. I'd be willing to gamble w/ all things considered though.

Management Rotation I do not see happening unless it is a promotion. Yes you don't know what run you will have but you still go back to the same TM. What ever run you get don't require you to move or increase you drive to work.

The things I see changing are:
Insurance- we will no long have Cigna we will be going under what ever XPO uses
401K - Say goodbye to T Rowe Price
PTO - changes to the accrual rate

I see a lot of the extras going away too. Like the Hotdogs, popcorn, free bottle water, free coffee and all the extra that go with it. free gloves, free soup when it's cold, free sports drink when it's hot, and what ever else you get for free at your barn

It's debatable and hard to predict, but there's 150 million to be cut somewhere and I have a feeling it will be in linehaul???? But who knows just speculation at this point.

Management Rotation I do not see happening unless it is a promotion. Yes you don't know what run you will have but you still go back to the same TM. What ever run you get don't require you to move or increase you drive to work.

I see a lot of the extras going away too. Like the Hotdogs, popcorn, free bottle water, free coffee and all the extra that go with it. free gloves, free soup when it's cold, free sports drink when it's hot, and what ever else you get for free at your barn
I think there will be more terminal closings and rearrangement of freight movement

I think there will be more terminal closings and rearrangement of freight movement
I think there is a lot room for improvement, the old management ran this company into the ground at our expense and in order to stay in businesswe will all have to take it where The Sun don't shine.:17:

I was looking at the employee portal and noticed in the leave balance area that it says PTO AND PSL think they are splitting time off and sick leave? Who knows

I think there is a lot room for improvement, the old management ran this company into the ground at our expense and in order to stay in businesswe will all have to take it where The Sun don't shine.:17:
Many of us from other companies have seen this same stuff happen. They cut our pay and benefits package, yet show utter incompetence and inefficiency on a daily basis.
Nothing pisses an employee off more than to see this type of crap every day, but have to accept cuts to make up for it.
:ranting2:

Many of us from other companies have seen this same stuff happen. They cut our pay and benefits package, yet show utter incompetence and inefficiency on a daily basis.
Nothing pisses an employee off more than to see this type of crap every day, but have to accept cuts to make up for it.

The reason for so much hope after having been bought. The top would definitely change.

Drive cam - We've been through all the ups and downs of having cameras installed in our tractors,( privacy rights vss company rights, etc.). So that won't be anything that we will have to contend w/ going forward into 2017.Having said that ...check out Saia's board and click onto their 'Driver Facing Camera' thread. Saia is in the process of getting cameras in their tractors and their drivers are all understandably pretty upset about the prospect. It's good reading and satisfaction that we're not going to be the only ones w/ big brother watching. :popcorn:

Drive cam - We've been through all the ups and downs of having cameras installed in our tractors,( privacy rights vss company rights, etc.). So that won't be anything that we will have to contend w/ going forward into 2017.Having said that ...check out Saia's board and click onto their 'Driver Facing Camera' thread. Saia is in the process of getting cameras in their tractors and their drivers are all understandably pretty upset about the prospect. It's good reading and satisfaction that we're not going to be the only ones w/ big brother watching. :popcorn:
They seem pretty worried. It really didn't turn out to be the huge deal that everybody thought it was. At least not for most of us!

Cameras in trucks will be like elogs in 2017, mandatory. I don't know when but it will happen. At least we are ahead of the game there. I don't know why we are still using paper logs still. Vnomics is a platform for elogs and we have had that for years now.

Cameras in trucks will be like elogs in 2017, mandatory. I don't know when but it will happen. At least we are ahead of the game there. I don't know why we are still using paper logs still. Vnomics is a platform for elogs and we have had that for years now.
We use paper because the company likes having the logs, as well as company policy, written in pencil. Elogs would hold them to law. Think about how many rescues will have to be done with elogs....

So far since the buyout, they have raised our pay so for now we can take a pay cut off the table.

Thanks to former Conway managers now at YRC, we are in the process of having them installed in our trucks too. But the Drive Cams are forward facing only. DriveCam told YRC they can expect a 30% reduction in accidents the first year

Thanks to former Conway managers now at YRC, we are in the process of having them installed in our trucks too. But the Drive Cams are forward facing only. DriveCam told YRC they can expect a 30% reduction in accidents the first year
It has nothing to do with were the management came from it all about lawyers and lawsuits