XPO | Speculation on Changes Beginning in 2017

We use paper because the company likes having the logs, as well as company policy, written in pencil. Elogs would hold them to law. Think about how many rescues will have to be done with elogs....
???? a few click on a computer will tell them everything they need to know about the drivers hours no math errors. I would just like to know how much we will save by not having to print logbooks for use. We can now just buy plain logbooks so we have one in case the system goes down as required by law.
Why would the rescues go up I though this company was safety first. What your saying is there are drivers fudging the books?

As for the city operation I work at a company many moons ago that went to e-logs. The great part was that if I went over 12hrsfor that day I had to do nothing they are ready had my log for the day. The system tied the time clock with the e-log in the truck so when I got in my truck and log in the e-log had me on duty from the time I punched in. If you punched out for lunch or at the end of the day that was all recorded in you log.

I don't know about the rest of the SC but mine got a new time clock just this past week.

I was looking at the employee portal and noticed in the leave balance area that it says PTO AND PSL think they are splitting time off and sick leave? Who knows

I know the old way had sick time and vac day and if I remember right that was there in the old con-way portal. The portal is just about the same they just changed it to show more XPO. I believe employee portal will change too

Thanks to former Conway managers now at YRC, we are in the process of having them installed in our trucks too. But the Drive Cams are forward facing only. DriveCam told YRC they can expect a 30% reduction in accidents the first year
30%???? That's one darn good salesman. Or a dumb-ass buyer.

Good one, UN! If I was told the driver-facing camera was disabled, I'd cover the lens with something non-transparent. Then if they came to me and happen to mention it, BAM!!!...they'd be caught in a lie.
You need to advise your drivers... If they get called in for a coaching event, demand to see the video. You will know right there and then if it's disabled. Oh, did you know that the video of you is not your property? You have no rights to a copy of it. Most drivers don't even get to see the video. They are told they did something wrong.

???? a few click on a computer will tell them everything they need to know about the drivers hours no math errors. I would just like to know how much we will save by not having to print logbooks for use. We can now just buy plain logbooks so we have one in case the system goes down as required by law.
Why would the rescues go up I though this company was safety first. What your saying is there are drivers fudging the books?

As for the city operation I work at a company many moons ago that went to e-logs. The great part was that if I went over 12hrsfor that day I had to do nothing they are ready had my log for the day. The system tied the time clock with the e-log in the truck so when I got in my truck and log in the e-log had me on duty from the time I punched in. If you punched out for lunch or at the end of the day that was all recorded in you log.

I don't know about the rest of the SC but mine got a new time clock just this past week.
Yes. Dsr's lie on their logs. Mostly because they are told don't call me for a rescue.

Talking to drivers that already use the system I clearly see why Con-way refused to use it. No fudging and no excuses. You run legal. Period.

Con-way always thought that they could dictate the DOT regulations. Things have been much better of late. But once the mandated electronic logs go into the trucks, there will be no wiggling around stuff. And that will force changes in not only the way we run but even where we run. Which is why we are all so interested in how this moves forward. Will there be more dock hands ? More meet and turns ? What will change to accommodate these new restrictions ? An how much will those changes cost the driver ? The real reason the driver is doing it is to please his pocketbook, not that bone head kid that's thinking he's running things. How much less are you willing to make working here under whatever conditions when you go looking around and see that you could possibly make whatever under different conditions elsewhere ?

This is one of the biggest topics in trucking right now. All of trucking. With mandated e-logs how much less are you willing to continue to do this job for ?

We run elogs at my company. I am filling in on a run that is a tight time frame. I have about 2.5 hours dock time every day.Nine hours run time. That is not as tight as a Conway run

Drive cam - We've been through all the ups and downs of having cameras installed in our tractors,( privacy rights vss company rights, etc.). So that won't be anything that we will have to contend w/ going forward into 2017.Having said that ...check out Saia's board and click onto their 'Driver Facing Camera' thread. Saia is in the process of getting cameras in their tractors and their drivers are all understandably pretty upset about the prospect. It's good reading and satisfaction that we're not going to be the only ones w/ big brother watching. :popcorn:
at the end of the day those cameras help this company on lawsuits/wrongfull citations! now if we're still paying that company to review film on the drivers then i need to ask why was i called in to watch a video of myself holding my bluetooth in my ear! well i knew there was a bump coming so i didn't want it to fall out! after the bump my hand went down, clearly showing bluetooth in ear. so why why did this come up as "coachable" are they blind or just not doing there job that they're paid to do?

at the end of the day those cameras help this company on lawsuits/wrongfull citations! now if we're still paying that company to review film on the drivers then i need to ask why was i called in to watch a video of myself holding my bluetooth in my ear! well i knew there was a bump coming so i didn't want it to fall out! after the bump my hand went down, clearly showing bluetooth in ear. so why why did this come up as "coachable" are they blind or just not doing there job that they're paid to do?

The guys who review the daily camera data, I think it's a contracted outfit, 'make the call as to whether an 'even' is an infraction based on a strict set of guidelines that have been dictated to them by Con-way. I suppose after viewing many, I mean many un-coachable events, these guys get all excited at even the slightest hint of a rule breaking infraction. In the case that you have stated here Rabbit , there are no rules about having electronic devices in your ears, but there is about you having it in contact w/ your hand. And it was unfortunate for you to try to keep it in your ear w/ your hand touching it while anticipating a bump ahead. This, apparently, was not the reviewer's concern. He was only looking for rule infractions no matter how they happen. I realize that cases like yours are open to a matter of 'getting the big picture' as to what your intent was in putting your hand on your electronic device while driving.

That's just the way it is in our LTL world now a days. I certainly don't like it anymore than you do. I was called in for a seat belt violation about a year ago. I pulled up across the street that I was on and unbuckled my seat belt for about 5 feet of forward motion in anticipation of backing into an ally to make a delivery. I went over a bump during this short pull up and was called in for having no seat belt on while going forward.

All that I can say is...hurry up retirement !!! :wee:

Talking to drivers that already use the system I clearly see why Con-way refused to use it. No fudging and no excuses. You run legal. Period.

Con-way always thought that they could dictate the DOT regulations. Things have been much better of late. But once the mandated electronic logs go into the trucks, there will be no wiggling around stuff. And that will force changes in not only the way we run but even where we run. Which is why we are all so interested in how this moves forward. Will there be more dock hands ? More meet and turns ? What will change to accommodate these new restrictions ? An how much will those changes cost the driver ? The real reason the driver is doing it is to please his pocketbook, not that bone head kid that's thinking he's running things. How much less are you willing to make working here under whatever conditions when you go looking around and see that you could possibly make whatever under different conditions elsewhere ?

This is one of the biggest topics in trucking right now. All of trucking. With mandated e-logs how much less are you willing to continue to do this job for ?
This makes me laugh. Con-way was always waved there CSA score around, but you are tell me this safety first company lied. In another thread driver are **** that xpo is not paying the membership dues to be in the ata. Well they can go thank the ATA for push this. Con-way is just like every other CO out there it's safety first till it gets in the way.

I got called in for having my CB mike in my hand. Needless to say, it was overturned.

What line did they sell you that the inward camera is disabled?
I ask this...how do we know they can't punch in your truck number and see what you are doing at the live, present moment. I wouldn't pay 34 mill for something that I couldn't check live. I guess because they told us they can't?

I ask this...how do we know they can't punch in your truck number and see what you are doing at the live, present moment. I wouldn't pay 34 mill for something that I couldn't check live. I guess because they told us they can't?
I had a great talk with the contractor that installed them in our trucks. They have no ability to live stream. They would need a cell connection for that, they don't have it.

I had a great talk with the contractor that installed them in our trucks. They have no ability to live stream. They would need a cell connection for that, they don't have it.
A connection that they could obtain from the vnomics signal?