XPO | Speed increased to 70mph

I have not talked to one driver at my barn that does not like having 70 available to them. Not just most but ALL here in Florida really like the increase in speed. Going slow must be a fetish for drivers in your area. To each their own.
No , there’s just not much difference between 66-67 that they do outside of being able to 70 in cruise control . Our newer tractors do 70. Plus we are not subject to the new disapline policy that was enacted with it. If you look at it your only talking minutes in difference. If you could go 70 outside of cruise maybe it would make a big difference. Your not using cruise from the time you leave the terminal to the time you reach your destination. Splitting hairs is not worth the added disapline. IMHO. I think it’s great if it make you happy and you feel like your getting something.

Last edited:
Check those tread depths and put them out of service if their worn !!!! Despite the company mixing and matching Trailer tire and power tires and not replacing worn tires it is still the drivers responsibility . You will be held responsible if you reck with worn tires.

Hydroplane. Avoidable accident.

Las Vegas? Rain in Vegas is like snow in Florida. I putting that one on inexperience and not adhering to the Smith system. Plus that was in January, long before the bump in speed. Can't blame cruise set on seventy. Plus it being a Sterling, there is a good chance the cruise has not worked in years. Hammer down!

Las Vegas? Rain in Vegas is like snow in Florida. I putting that one on inexperience and not adhering to the Smith system. Plus that was in January, long before the bump in speed. Can't blame cruise set on seventy. Plus it being a Sterling, there is a good chance the cruise has not worked in years. Hammer down!
Plus none of the Sterlings were turned up to 70.

Those junkie Sterling's, the ones that I drove we're all over the road!! You had to stay on top of the wheel to keep it in your lane.
Nothing drove better than the Aeromax,s

Those junkie Sterling's, the ones that I drove we're all over the road!! You had to stay on top of the wheel to keep it in your lane.

Cleanest horses in the fleet, bouncing, knocks all of the dirt and mud right off.

Yup remember Con-way looked out for it drivers back in the days. The bought you the top of the line equipment. SARCASM

I wander if he was changing radio stations???

Last edited:
These college educated fools that are sitting behind a computer don't understand. These are the same ones pushing driverless trucks. The way the trailer is loaded has a lot to do with the way the truck handles and brakes. We have all pulled loads the pulled like ::shit::. I have pulled 22k load sets that felt like 42k and 42k loads that pull like there nothing back there. Now in the city P&D you have little control over the way the trailer is loaded. In the LH end we do. Properly loaded trailer will handle better, save fuel, and are safer.
Hydroplane. Avoidable accident.
In this accident I believe the trailer was empty or was light on the drive axles and heavy on the trailer. As a professional driver you need to know this and change you driving habits. Oh i forgot we don't hire Professional drivers any more they just want steering wheel holders

No , there’s just not much difference between 66-67 that they do outside of being able to 70 in cruise control . Our newer tractors do 70. Plus we are not subject to the new disapline policy that was enacted with it. If you look at it your only talking minutes in difference. If you could go 70 outside of cruise maybe it would make a big difference. Your not using cruise from the time you leave the terminal to the time you reach your destination. Splitting hairs is not worth the added disapline. IMHO. I think it’s great if it make you happy and you feel like your getting something.
What discipline? the only new thing the drive cam does is if you make a 90 degree turn above 15mph it will go off

What discipline? the only new thing the drive cam does is if you make a 90 degree turn above 15mph it will go off
You have to pay attention to the fine print.

Speeding will now be coachable

Using DriveCam, we will work to proactively coach on over-speed and too fast for conditions to help prevent accidents and injuries. Two new behaviors, “Speeding” and “Cornering Speed” will be added to our DriveCam suite of measurements.

• A Speeding event will trigger when a driver travels 10 MPH or more over the posted speed limit.
  • A Cornering Speed event will trigger when a driver begins a 90-degree turn at 15 MPH or more.
  • These events will be coachable and will be used to help reduce the risk of accidents when traveling above the posted speed.
These are new rules and put in place along with the turn up in speed

Last edited:
You have to pay attention to the fine print.

Speeding will now be coachable

Using DriveCam, we will work to proactively coach on over-speed and too fast for conditions to help prevent accidents and injuries. Two new behaviors, “Speeding” and “Cornering Speed” will be added to our DriveCam suite of measurements.

• A Speeding event will trigger when a driver travels 10 MPH or more over the posted speed limit.
  • A Cornering Speed event will trigger when a driver begins a 90-degree turn at 15 MPH or more.
  • These events will be coachable and will be used to help reduce the risk of accidents when traveling above the posted speed.
These are new rules and put in place along with the turn up in speed
Has not been implemented yet/ if ever. Can’t get a answer how this works. If gps or camera being set off.

In watching the video closely, it looks like he was distracted, or not paying attention. It sure looks like either the flat deck drifted into his lane a bit, or he into its lane, and he over corrected.