XPO | Speed increased to 70mph

Pretty much any time a new way to punish/fire me is introduced I don't like it.

They didn't say anything about punishment or firing.

I'll take the speed increase. I don't do 10 over anyway, but the 15mph turn thing seems strict. Of course, they'll have to get the video first, and it's pretty easy to avoid that in a Cascadia.

When I first went on linehaul in '07, I used to run all night nonstop. Then an old timer with lots of years experience told me that one day it will catch up to me, ya know what, he was right. Now, I use my 15 minute break for a power nap on my return because, it's right when the body naturally wants to go to sleep. So instead of trying to be a freight hero and drive with a bad case of the "bob and weave" I do the smart thing and just pull over and rest a few minutes. It's a lot better than parking it in the woods wondering what the hell just happened.

They've mentioned coaching, right? Guess what's next.

Come on. People have been saying that since we got those cameras, and it took them 5 years to attach discipline to cell phone use, and you still get to do it twice a year. And that is it. Not exactly the Spanish Inquisition.

Come on. People have been saying that since we got those cameras, and it took them 5 years to attach discipline to cell phone use, and you still get to do it twice a year. And that is it. Not exactly the Spanish Inquisition.

So... all those people were correct. Which is exactly my point.

When I first went on linehaul in '07, I used to run all night nonstop. Then an old timer with lots of years experience told me that one day it will catch up to me, ya know what, he was right. Now, I use my 15 minute break for a power nap on my return because, it's right when the body naturally wants to go to sleep. So instead of trying to be a freight hero and drive with a bad case of the "bob and weave" I do the smart thing and just pull over and rest a few minutes. It's a lot better than parking it in the woods wondering what the hell just happened.
And that is exactly what you should do if you’re tired. Thanks for making a good decision! I’m not sleeping as good these days. There will come a time when I will do the same.

I don't think we are talking about the majority of guys. Everyone stops. Not everyone takes advantage.
Sorry guess I didn’t get the full meaning out. I have no problem with taking a 15 min nap both ways or a 30 min on lunch. I have a big problem with guys that take the full time allotted were you can do it quicker. With the higher speed that means more sleep time for the slobs.

They didn't say anything about punishment or firing.

I'll take the speed increase. I don't do 10 over anyway, but the 15mph turn thing seems strict. Of course, they'll have to get the video first, and it's pretty easy to avoid that in a Cascadia.
It's an automatic trigger.. no bump or brake needed is what I've been told.

There's no way it does that with the system they use. I think that was a misunderstanding based on the the use of the word "trigger" in that email that's been going around.
That was the response I received from driver trainer after he asked the appropriate persons. Just passing on what I was told.
The camera keeps track of roadspeed. It's all on the video screen when you watch it.

The camera keeps track of roadspeed. It's all on the video screen when you watch it.

Well yeah, it has always done that. But if it was going to trigger a video it would have to constantly check your speed against the Lytx database, in real time, all the time, in every truck. There's no way XPO is going to pay for that much mobile data, if such a thing is even feasible, which I seriously doubt.