FedEx Freight | Speeding Tickets

Having the truck's speed certified is a waste of time and money. The last thing the court wants to do is have a trial for speeding. Also if the attorney can't get this cut back to something between 62-65 he should be shot. Its the DA's job to flee bargain these tickets down so that you will plead guilty to something. Good Luck. TP

All those types of programs do is tell you where people have reported seeing police hiding, a cruiser can be anywhere at anytime and all the program will do is lure you into a false sense of security.

Besides, our trucks only do 65, Ohio is 65 now and Il follows suit the 1st of the year, Ca is one of the few left that has 55, not going there anytime soon!

FM

I think the resurrection of a three year old post deserves a certificate of some sort. If only I were a certificate maker.

oaf (uncreative)

what i would do is call the prosecuting attorney were this took place and see if he will drop speed down on ticket. or go with a good attorney in that city

what i would do is call the prosecuting attorney were this took place and see if he will drop speed down on ticket. or go with a good attorney in that city

FYI even if it is reduced or they change it from a speeding ticket to something else to keep the moving violation off your record FXF doesn't care. One of our drivers got a speeding ticket in his personal car and the judge changed it to a tinted window ticket and FXF said they consider the origional charge on the ticket as valid unless it is completly thrown out and the driver pays absolutly nothing to the courts. Any money paid for a ticket is an admission of guilt per FXF safety dept

The driver in question told me Thursday night, that his lawyer will/should have this resolved, so that he doesn't have to go to court. It's really the hard fact, that they can get away with it. I ran with this driver, and we checked his speed. I have an 8000 series Volvo, where I can look at the computer and measure the speed. His foot to the floor and I stayed behind him. Max speed was 63. Unfortunately for him, he's only trying to get below the 15 mph over for FedEx, so that he doesn't get fired. He's still going to pay for something he didn't do.
I have seen State Troopers in Illinois not clear the last violation reading from the radar gun. So, this man may appear to have ran much faster than actual speed. What did this officer write his last ticket for? It could be exactly the same speed as Fedex driver is accused of doing. I would check this out .

Wow! For a 3 yr old thread, this thing is filled with mis-information :wacko:

First off, FedEx won't fire you for 1 speeding ticket of 15 over. They will if you get a second one for that OR a number of other violations defined as "serious". They are very specific. They include Speeding of 15 mph of more, DUI, refusal to submit to alcohol test, leaving the scene of an accident, following too closely, erratic lane changing, violating an out of service order, or violating a railroad or grade crossing rule.

Also per federal law Any 2 of the above in 3 years and you loose your CDL for 60 days. Three in 3 years, you loose it for 120 days. I guess Fedex doesn't want to keep you on for 60 days with no CDL.

Another thing: chitownpeddler is correct that even if you get it reduced, FedEx still holds the original charge against you. And of course, you are supposed to notify the Co. on the next buisness day after recieving the ticket. The only way they will remove it from the Co record is if it is dismissed. You'll have proof of this.

The above statements are FACT. Below is my opinion...

Seems to me that the above ticket can be beaten. Obtain the printout showing the actuall speed travel at the time. Wait for the officer to tell his spiel about observing vehicle high rate of speed, he'll say he confirmed it on radar etc. Then when it's your turn, present the evidence that not only was it not possible to go that fast, you can show the exact speed. The ticket should be thrown out. NOT reduced, but thrown out.

I wouldn't want to ride around for 3 years with that hanging over my head, so I would fight it at all costs.

When you speed 15 mph higher than limit is major violation if you get 2nd one in 24 month period will lose your cdl for 1 year. I had ticket of 71 in 55 (personel vehicle) in 06 never missed a day of work.

read a lot .first post.got one in car 15 over,judge would not reduce,said tn state law would not let him reduce ticket,no school,3 yrs on cdl,swamp rats facts are true,had lawyer,no help due to having a cdl

I got a ticket last year in Illinios for doing 71 mph in a 45 mph construction zone. I just kept my mouth shut towards the officer and got back to mke and they put the tractor on the computer right away and gave me the print out. Now, the ticket got reduced,but not thrown out. I believe the end result was 14 over in a non-construction zone. Which believe me still is'nt great, but is better. I think I paid $450.00 fine,20hours of traffic school. The company gave me 1 year of probation and that was it. The company is not going to fight for you in court, but they can't with hold the info on the tractors.