Spell A Word

RacerX69

Retired Gear Jammer/IBEW Retired/Wingnut
Credits
{This is for all of you who have a wife that is driving you up the wall . . . . . :nono_h4h: }

A man who died found himself standing outside the Pearly Gates, being greeted by St. Peter.

He asked him, "Oh, is this place what I really think it is? It's so beautiful.

Did I really make it to heaven?"

To which St. Peter replied, "Yes, my son, these are the Gates to Heaven. But you must do one more thing before you can enter." The man was very excited, and asked of St. Peter what she must do to pass through the gates. "Spell a word," St. Peter replied. "What word?" he asked.

"Any word," answered St. Peter. "It's your choice." The man promptly replied, "Then the word I will spell is love. L-o-v-e."

St. Peter congratulated him on his good fortune to have made it to Heaven, and asked him if he would mind taking his place at the gates for a few minutes while he went to the bathroom.

"I'd be honored," he said, "but what should I do if someone comes while you are gone?"

St. Peter reassured her, and instructed the man to simply have any newcomers to the Pearly Gates to spell a word as he had done.

So the man is left sitting in St. Peter's chair and watching the beautiful angels soaring around him when a woman approaches the gates. He realizes it is his loser wife.

"What happened?" he cried, "Why are you here?"

His wife stared at him for a moment, then said, "I was so drunk when I left your funeral, I was in an accident. And now I am here? Did I really make it to Heaven?"

To which the man replied, "Not yet. You must spell a word first."

"What word?" she asked.

The man responded, "Czechoslovakia."