New Penn | Spin the regionals off!!!

O

OkGoCloseEm

That's what YRCW, the holding company should do and most likely will do. If they spin the regionals that spin-off would be separate from YRC National, the regionals would have their own ticker symbol with its own place on the NASDAQ - so would YRC National. With this change YRCW would quickly realize that its main subsidiary YRC can't make it own its own, end up closing it and end tail the YRC drivers into the entirely separately listed regional company. Merge New Penn into YRC National? It would never happen because YRC does not have the knowledge, expertise and most important, the equipment to integrate an overnight regional network into its grossly obsolete hub-and-spoke, break bulk operation. The hub and spoke system is obsolete - that is why YRC National is losing tons of money. The regional business is the fastest growing operation in all of transportation, it pays better, its faster with materially less claims, better profit margins, etc etc from every angle. Zollers is obsolete like his hub and spoke network. Once Zollers is booted into his front porch rocking chair the holding company can repair the damage he has done throughout his entire tenure.

Why all this baloney about closing New Penn. Kansas only assumes that New Penn would vote no and YRC yes but say the flip flop happened or, better both companies vote no.

Bottom line, you must believe in the big bluff. A yes vote is not good in the short or long run for the industry, for you, for your family, for your retirement or for the future of the Teamsters even though trucking has not been their "baby" the past 10 years. A no vote will force the clowns in Overland Park to consider other options, make cuts elsewhere. When all companies vote no and realize they are still back to work on Monday we will have stopped Zollers in his tracks and sent a big message. He would be so insulted he'd take his calculator from his desk and resign immediately.

That's what YRCW, the holding company should do and most likely will do. If they spin the regionals that spin-off would be separate from YRC National, the regionals would have their own ticker symbol with its own place on the NASDAQ - so would YRC National. With this change YRCW would quickly realize that its main subsidiary YRC can't make it own its own, end up closing it and end tail the YRC drivers into the entirely separately listed regional company. Merge New Penn into YRC National? It would never happen because YRC does not have the knowledge, expertise and most important, the equipment to integrate an overnight regional network into its grossly obsolete hub-and-spoke, break bulk operation. The hub and spoke system is obsolete - that is why YRC National is losing tons of money. The regional business is the fastest growing operation in all of transportation, it pays better, its faster with materially less claims, better profit margins, etc etc from every angle. Zollers is obsolete like his hub and spoke network. Once Zollers is booted into his front porch rocking chair the holding company can repair the damage he has done throughout his entire tenure.

Why all this baloney about closing New Penn. Kansas only assumes that New Penn would vote no and YRC yes but say the flip flop happened or, better both companies vote no.

Bottom line, you must believe in the big bluff. A yes vote is not good in the short or long run for the industry, for you, for your family, for your retirement or for the future of the Teamsters even though trucking has not been their "baby" the past 10 years. A no vote will force the clowns in Overland Park to consider other options, make cuts elsewhere. When all companies vote no and realize they are still back to work on Monday we will have stopped Zollers in his tracks and sent a big message. He would be so insulted he'd take his calculator from his desk and resign immediately.

This would be great. As an employee of Holland, I would love to see this more than anything. But there is one thing you are forgetting, there has to be either a buyer for the regionals, or somebody willing to put up the money that would be required to do this. Also there would be the question or the unfunded mandate. The amount of the unfunded mandate would be greater then the value of the company, that makes the company upside down in its value, thats called bankruptcy. I wish there was someone that would come in and buy us, but that isn't going to happen either.

Get your facts straight. Last quarter YRC National operated at a 95.5. That was better than Con-Way and better than Fed-Ex Freight. What's killing this company is the interest on the loans that they took to buy Roadway and holland...........

That's what YRCW, the holding company should do and most likely will do. If they spin the regionals that spin-off would be separate from YRC National, the regionals would have their own ticker symbol with its own place on the NASDAQ - so would YRC National. With this change YRCW would quickly realize that its main subsidiary YRC can't make it own its own, end up closing it and end tail the YRC drivers into the entirely separately listed regional company.
this is so funny it should be in the joke thread..if it were possible which it is not
you think the regionals should be spun off with no debt meaning YRC would give them away and keep the debt? maybe you think they're dumb they can't be that dumb

Merge New Penn into YRC National? It would never happen because YRC does not have the knowledge, expertise and most important, the equipment to integrate an overnight regional network into its grossly obsolete hub-and-spoke, break bulk operation. company can repair the damage he has done throughout his entire tenure.
no, there will be no merge between the two companies. YRC said they would close New Penn if they vote no..New Penn would end tail. It's no baloney. YRC alias Roadway-Yellow were regionals when they were babies..a baby could do regional work and monkeys as well..for half the price

Get your facts straight. Last quarter YRC National operated at a 95.5. That was better than Con-Way and better than Fed-Ex Freight. What's killing this company is the interest on the loans that they took to buy Roadway and holland...........

I don't know about Roadway, but I know that none of us (like they asked us anyway) here at Holland didn't asked to be bought. YRCW made a very poor business decision and now ALL or us are paying for it.

Condensed version --
For over 30 years, Yellow Corp. (now YRCW) has bought up trucking companies(10-12) during good times, got rid of them during bad times. Whether we vote yes or no, there is a plan to increase profits by eliminating the high discounted freight from YRC, New Penn, Holland, and Reddaway. These discounts are the result of the price war with other carriers in relation to the so-called recession. The corporation is not going to kill YRC National to save individual regional carriers, look back through the history of Yellow Corp. They will simply take the most profitable freight from all combined carriers and give it to YRC National and dump the high discounted freight, thus becoming profitable once again. YRCW (corp) will not close 5 trucking companies down when all they need to do is scuttle 1 or 2, to save the rest. YRC National is a 4 billion dollar company and it won't be closed to save a regional carrier.
Whether your New Penn, Holland or Reddaway, you are not immune from this procedure. All carriers have a percentage of high discounted freight and contrary to what some people on here believe, YRC National already does next day, regional, super regional and long haul.
Personally, I voted against these concessions because I believe there is always a Plan B. "Am I worried about my job at YRC National", the answer is no. I believe that the threats towards the loss of jobs is directed towards the regional carriers.

First off there might be terminals desired in a purchase...Do we, at New Penn own anymore? Or did YRC creeps sell them all and make us lease them all back?

When ROADWAY bought NP their was a need! include REIMER we always made money. Look at the facts UPS wanted us, yellow beat them to the gun( they ended up with overnite) we saved yellow (so far) WHO runs YRC now? ROADWAY thying to save their and all Azz's

When ROADWAY bought NP their was a need! include REIMER we always made money. Look at the facts UPS wanted us, yellow beat them to the gun( they ended up with overnite) we saved yellow (so far) WHO runs YRC now? ROADWAY thying to save their and all Azz's

Problem is we have Rdwy middle management and Yellow upper, they're trying to run the Rdwy plan in the Yellow way of doing things. Rdwy never had a man plan transmitted from the GO every week to tell them how many people to use that week, you used what you needed and were held accountable or rewarded for the cost/profit at the end of the quarter. Now they're all scratching their heads trying to figure out how to make the deliveries and pckups with the number of guys in the plan from above.

this is so funny it should be in the joke thread..if it were possible which it is not
you think the regionals should be spun off with no debt meaning YRC would give them away and keep the debt? maybe you think they're dumb they can't be that dumb

no, there will be no merge between the two companies. YRC said they would close New Penn if they vote no..New Penn would end tail. It's no baloney. YRC alias Roadway-Yellow were regionals when they were babies..a baby could do regional work and monkeys as well..for half the price

as an employee of one of the regionals I find the monkey comparison offending. we work very hard at NP.

First off there might be terminals desired in a purchase...Do we, at New Penn own anymore? Or did YRC creeps sell them all and make us lease them all back?

Sold many (most?). Maspeth, Newburgh, Albany to name a few. Landlords are Pyle and Estes if I recall correctly.

i remember that day r/w was baught . they were having a party telling us that its a great thing for us all. then the lying really started
1 we will never merge and be in direct compatition for freight.
lay offs by the 1000s. the term closings and selling o of owned term. and moving 1000s to leased term. ect ect ect......

So I run 3400 miles a week, as one of the regional drivers, that makes me less of a driver then a driver for YRC. I thought that all of us (YRC, New Penn, Holland) we were all working for the better and the hopes of making YRCW a better company. I am glad to know that as a well trained monkey, they taught me how to type!!

So I run 3400 miles a week, as one of the regional drivers, that makes me less of a driver then a driver for YRC. I thought that all of us (YRC, New Penn, Holland) we were all working for the better and the hopes of making YRCW a better company.

I am glad to know that as a well trained monkey, they taught me how to type!!

negative, I didn't make that monkey comment about any individual or company

I was replying to this piece of work>>" Merge New Penn into YRC National? It would never happen because YRC does not have the knowledge, expertise and most important, the equipment to integrate an overnight regional network into its grossly obsolete hub-and-spoke, break bulk operation."

that was part of a mile long post

negative, I didn't make that monkey comment about any individual or company

I was replying to this piece of work>>" Merge New Penn into YRC National? It would never happen because YRC does not have the knowledge, expertise and most important, the equipment to integrate an overnight regional network into its grossly obsolete hub-and-spoke, break bulk operation."

that was part of a mile long post

Lets not back track Joe,you have used the term MONKEY on many occasions when talking about Newpenn and the regionals...If you want me to find them I will do it tomorrow as I have plenty of time...Glad to see I am not the only one to see these posts of yours...

Hell , even a caveman could do it !!