R&L | 'splain this

LostShepard

TB Lurker
Credits
Line Haul Drivers: Why do we have to do all the "charity work"? When anyone else in the system screws up,Do they lose $$.Hell'we don't even have to screw up,we just have to show up.
You can work in the office and mess up my paycheck,lose my logs,or make any number of mistakes and you still get paid the same.
You can be a shop worker and break something or screw up my truck to the point I can't work or simply not be able to get parts,and you still get paid for the hours you're there.
You can be a dockworker and damage the freight,miss-load it,[or do nothing at all],and you still get paid for your time.
You can be a dispatcher and put me on the wrong load or send me in circles all day and actually cost the company $$.You still get paid. And I could go on & on but I won't. Why is it they[R&L] can pay Petro,TA,or any road service tons of money[5-6 700 dollars for a road call but the driver has to give free time for thier equipment failing.And when the freight is late and my load doesn't get done for 2 or 3 hours,I get to work a longer day for the same pay or just as long a day and my run gets cut short and I lose money. We always lose or give when it was never anything we done to create the problem. But don't dare be late because that WILL be the 1 time your load is ready on time.[hahahaha,as if that would ever happen]
IT JUST MAKES ME WONDER WHY THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND MY"BAD ATTITUDE"
Is it just me?, or is there something wrong here?????

I can explain but I'm sure no one will like it.Ready, THEY DON'T LIKE US. As a whole we the drivers of this company are thought of as no more than the trucks we drive or the trailers we pull.We are equipment to them to be used and discarded when no longer useful to them.Why should they pay for your lost line haul time or our time and a half?We cant do a thing about it and they know it.Just get out there and kill yourselves for us.Drop dead of a heart attack for stress and they will replace you with a cheaper piece of equipment.This is hard for me to say but this year I've felt like my career is slipping in the opposite direction that Ive worked hard to get to in the 23 yrs I've been doing it. I have no desire to come to work any more and have no pride in my company anymore.I'm glad to have a job but I don't think the company is glad to have me anymore.I have a great record and lots of experience but I don't feel like they give a rats azz about that.In the past I would kill myself to get every stop off and every p/u made no matter how much they shoved on the truck but now they continue to shove as much in as they can but we leave much later than we ever did before and I've stopped worrying about missing stops.If it gets done it gets done,if not it gets returned.I'm not dieing of a grabber for them and their freight.I do feel for the fact that you loose pay for the amount of work you do,Sponge bob forced me on a linehaul swap after I finished my city run and I got payed a whole 55 dollars for 4 and a half hrs of extra work and a real late night.

"IT JUST MAKES ME WONDER WHY THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND MY"BAD ATTITUDE" The answer is because they don't see you,they see a piece of equipment.

you are right shadowr434, they don't give a ratts behind about anyone here that is at full scale either. I noticed that during the townhall metting the reason for the giveback of sick/personal days and 401k contribution, was to stay within the banks convents. Its just my opinion, but methinks that the Roberts Family has completely removed themselves from the buisness. I thought that we were once a cash and carry company with little to no debt load. Apparently we rely on a line of credit from a bank now, that would help explain why everthing stopped so suddenly. Also would explain why no family members have been on the screen telling us how much they appreciated our efforts.

was to stay within the banks convents. Its just my opinion, but methinks that the Roberts Family has completely removed themselves from the buisness. I thought that we were once a cash and carry company with little to no debt load. Apparently we rely on a line of credit from a bank now, that would help explain why everthing stopped so suddenly. Also would explain why no family members have been on the screen telling us how much they appreciated our efforts.
The company has got way to big for cash and carry thats a thing of the past.

There opinion of linehaul is that they only drain money , since they make the company no money by either picking up freight or delivering it. was basically told this by someone in upper management and they would do whatever they could to reduce the cost
for example eliminate Teams and go with outside carriers ,go to Tandem runs and the wonderful new Combo positions

the thing that always made r&l a better place to work , better pay, a decent attitude from the company to the drivers,etc. is now what works against us. management has watched all the other carriers cut pay and benefits and said me too. they were able to do this because they have decided we are all expendable.they started with the teams last year, and are now down to p& d drivers. every ad they have for drivers saysCOMBO driver. as we older drivers retire or quit, that is who are replacing us. outside carriers and paramount are getting more and more linehaul runs. they just decided we were making too much, and they wanted more of it. they are going far past what it takes to survive.they are reshaping the company into a much smaller output company.less benefits, less pay, ragged old used tractors,brokering out more and more freight. look around, r&l as we know it, is slipping away under your noses .

as drivers we are no good we waste time and money it dont matter hao much money they waste it how much we waste