Sport touring bikes

My last bike was an Triumph. .think it was a 68' 650 ...lol. bought in 84' for 150$...its worth alot more today.
to bad I sold it for another toy. Im a dumb azz sometimes. .lol

Anybody have a sport touring bike, such as a Concours, FJR1300 or something similar?

I'm considering getting 1 this winter, I feel the knee dragging days have come to an end

one of the things i failed to mention or ask is are you tall enough to sit comfortably on a sport bike, and have BOTH feet on the ground when you are stopped..??

i had always liked the BMW bikes, and many years ago went to a local BMW dealer. i LOVED thier touring bikes. they even had an "adjustable" seat which lowered (or raised) the seat by (i think) 2".....

but i stand (or stood before my 2 back operations) 5' 10".......

and even at the lower setting, when i was on that beautiful bike, i could not touch the floor, unless i was on my tip toes....

and having nearly 1,000 lbs to balance.........at a stop sign.........wasn't gonna be easy for me....i want both feet flat on the ground........

My last bike was an Triumph. .think it was a 68' 650 ...lol. bought in 84' for 150$...its worth alot more today.
to bad I sold it for another toy. Im a dumb azz sometimes. .lol
I know what you mean..."if Ida just kept that"...I have a lot of those too..lol

one of the things i failed to mention or ask is are you tall enough to sit comfortably on a sport bike, and have BOTH feet on the ground when you are stopped..??

i had always liked the BMW bikes, and many years ago went to a local BMW dealer. i LOVED thier touring bikes. they even had an "adjustable" seat which lowered (or raised) the seat by (i think) 2".....

but i stand (or stood before my 2 back operations) 5' 10".......

and even at the lower setting, when i was on that beautiful bike, i could not touch the floor, unless i was on my tip toes....

and having nearly 1,000 lbs to balance.........at a stop sign.........wasn't gonna be easy for me....i want both feet flat on the ground........
You'd like my Fatboy then, I'm about the same height, and I'm flat footed and knees bent on that...I lowered it 2 inches front and back.
I sat on a new Ninja 1000 a few months ago, those new bikes are so well balanced, they feel like a bicycle..lol...you feel every pound on the 86' though

You'd like my Fatboy then, I'm about the same height, and I'm flat footed and knees bent on that...I lowered it 2 inches front and back.
I sat on a new Ninja 1000 a few months ago, those new bikes are so well balanced, they feel like a bicycle..lol...you feel every pound on the 86' though

yeah, i also had more than one GREAT opportunity to buy Honda Goldwings, from my dealer, as i was a regular customer for his Honda or Suzuki bikes, and winter storage and maintenance.

he would offer me "in house" financing cheaper than the bank, or Honda Credit....

BUT.....i could not for the life of me balance nor hold up a "wing"......

so it has always been "low riding cruisers or low riding touring bikes".....

but, since on a Hardly Dependable, like the Ultra-Classic Electra Glide (another bike i love) i could actually sit on that (or is it IN that) and both feet on the ground and balance it perfectly......but i nary had the money for such a bike.....

That's one thing i failed to mention. Being over 6 feet is a big plus operating a beemer bike. I think the gsa has a 35"seat hight and the street bikes are a tad lower but much heavier. Top heavy but isn't noticed once your moving

I mentioned I'm 6'5" in my gear because seat height on any of the bikes I considered wasn't an issue (riding boots give an extra inch), however the buffeting of the helmet (another 1 1/2" or so) is largely dependent upon where the wind hits it.

The FJR had a good seat height, but was wider which meant more like riding a horse than a bicycle and therefore couldn't be directly compared to other bikes of the same height.

Put some miles on my buddy's Concours recently...decided I better look at more of a touring bike..lol. I still wanted to eat curves with that thing (it flies!!) Very nice bike though but, I don't think my wife would like riding on it, even with backrest or tour pack.
So..I'm looking at 2 05 Screamin eagle electra glides with super low miles

00c0c_1OItmkScm0b_600x450.jpg

01111_doQA3KqKDjA_600x450.jpg

Yes, if the concourse wasn't enough touring for you, then you better move out of the sport touring category. There isn't any sport in those H-D screaming eagles...that's all touring and if you are going all touring why not a Gold Wing?

Put some miles on my buddy's Concours recently...decided I better look at more of a touring bike..lol. I still wanted to eat curves with that thing (it flies!!) Very nice bike though but, I don't think my wife would like riding on it, even with backrest or tour pack.
So..I'm looking at 2 05 Screamin eagle electra glides with super low miles

00c0c_1OItmkScm0b_600x450.jpg

01111_doQA3KqKDjA_600x450.jpg

i am partial towards the color red, plus it has "more baggage room"...

as for touring bikes, yes the Gold Wing may be a bit more comfortable, but i never have seen a Wing hold it's value over the years like a Harley.....

i personally (and if i could, but due to my back situation, can't) would go Harley. the Wing for me is too wide in the saddle, and this does not allow me to plant both feet on the ground at stop signs, etc. taller riders should have no problem with a Wing.

Actually, that blue 1 is the same as the red, without the tour pak, and a few other things removed.
I've never riden a wing, I'm sure they are nice and all, they just don't do anything for me..plus my nephew happens to be a Harley tech (engine tuner) / H-D race team crew chief, so I can always take advantage of that..lol.

Actually, that blue 1 is the same as the red, without the tour pak, and a few other things removed.
I've never riden a wing, I'm sure they are nice and all, they just don't do anything for me..plus my nephew happens to be a Harley tech (engine tuner) / H-D race team crew chief, so I can always take advantage of that..lol.

the former Honda/Suzuki dealer i would always buy from, always made me an offer on a brand new Wing each time i'd go shopping.

so one time, i sat on a beautiful pearl white, all "decked out"

as i had said, my feet could not touch the ground flat, i was on my tip-toes..

the bike went over, but the crash guards around the saddle bag area, and the engine, prevented a full down and out fall.

the dealer owner, and his salesman ran over to me and said.."see, it cannot fall down"....

"now try and pick it up"...

before i tried lifting it, i said to them.."bet i scared you huh..."????

i lost 3 of my walnuts that day, trying to lift that monster......:wtflol:

i said, "when someone drops a Honda...no one comes running

when someone drops a Harley, the world comes out to help"

that WAS the very LAST time, he tried to sell me a Wing......

as for the blue being nearly the same as the red..??

if the price is as much as or close to the red..??

i'd go red......

i just like baggers with lots of trunk/storage, and i'd also get the taller windshield as well...i do not like "shortie" windshields.