SPRING TWP., Pa. -Swift Driver Destructive Drive Thru at a Bank (video)

Not to swift,sorry just the brand of this trucking company brings out the swift jokes.
However this guy would have not done so much damage,had he swung out on the lawn to do his turn around.
Grass is cheaper to fix than cement, light poles,and buildings.

Or seeing he was already in an industrial area of town he could have continued on,and looked for a parking lot with more room.
To late for him,now because had he thought out his path of travel, I wouldn't be joking about him not being to swift.

What gets me is that he kept going after he blew a tire, and he was going way too fast. Ticked off or not, that is not a excuse to get on a collision course. I sure hope this driver ends up losing his job (at the least).

Not to swift,sorry just the brand of this trucking company brings out the swift jokes.
However this guy would have not done so much damage,had he swung out on the lawn to do his turn around.
Grass is cheaper to fix than cement, light poles,and buildings.

Or seeing he was already in an industrial area of town he could have continued on,and looked for a parking lot with more room.
To late for him,now because had he thought out his path of travel, I wouldn't be joking about him not being to swift.

Many, Many places to turn around in that area if you heading the warning way. I know, I use to run that area in a 48' ;)

There is this Dunkin Donuts I stop at on the way to work to pick up coffee. One day I see a big truck around the back and I'm thinking there is no way he is making a delivery because there is no exit the way he went in. I see he is backing out around 2 curbs. This jack wad thought he could pop in for coffee and donuts with no problem. He almost didn't make it out...

I knew when I heard this story on the radio last night that it was a Swift truck. How does Swift continue to abide these things ? Day after day they are involved in high profile acccidents, and nothing seems to change. As was stated earlier, companies like this, hiring low caliber, poorly trained people, give all of us a black eye.

i
I knew when I heard this story on the radio last night that it was a Swift truck. How does Swift continue to abide these things ? Day after day they are involved in high profile acccidents, and nothing seems to change. As was stated earlier, companies like this, hiring low caliber, poorly trained people, give all of us a black eye.

Swift has one of the best safety departments in the industry. The problem is that you can beat safety until your drivers are black and blue, but you're still at the mercy of their ability to apply what was taught.

And actually I find the opposite is true. Mega carriers tend to have safer drivers. It's the O/O's and IC's that are the the problem as the majority of the ones I see drive like they own the highway.

Simple rule to be a successful trucker.
Use your head,and focus on what you are doing.
Forthright is golden,hindsight is worthless.

Simple rule to be a successful trucker.
Use your head,and focus on what you are doing.
Forthright is golden,hindsight is worthless.

It all boils down to common sense. No matter how many milions of dollars that companies like Swift, England, Prime, etc pump into their safety department, common sense cannot be taught.