New Penn | Springfield Terminal Rumored To Close

N

NP Driver1

Shawn N. at terminal tonight to break news to members. Does not matter how we vote at #23- we are all done! Has been planned all along to merge us with YRC in Westfield. Sorry to see this happen to a great bunch of hard-working guys. Good luck to all at #23!

Think very carefully before you cast your ballot. A YES vote does not mean "you will live to fight another day" as we were told at the latest union meeting last week.

now come on. how could 2 people go to the same meeting and come up with so different outcomes? are they closing it or not? that will really sway alot of votes one way if it is true.

Was told that YRC is filing a COO and will close 90 terminals. Thats already been discussed. They say 3 will be New Penn terminals. Can't verify it so don't ask. I'm sure we will find out when we get this vote RIGHT. No matter how many times it takes.

This is outrageous.......... I am going to loose my job because of all the morons that want to see this go down. And I am not talking about YRC. If we keep talking like this, it will go down as it will be self prophesized. I was at the meeting and no where did Shawn N. tell us we were closing springfield or any other terminal. what he said was if and let me repeat IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF we vote no they will go through a change of operations to merge us with YRC. IF IF IF IF IF we vote yes, that change will be pulled. For all of those that feel the need to add to the BS why dont you just resign right now and make this a better place for those of us that want a chance. Maybe slim, but it is a chance and if you read the papers and listen to the news, half of the companies in the country are hoping for the same chance. I can't wait for this vote to be over so we can just get back to business. Thank god I am talking with allot of people who have changed their vote from NO to YES.

This is outrageous.......... I am going to loose my job because of all the morons that want to see this go down. And I am not talking about YRC. If we keep talking like this, it will go down as it will be self prophesized. I was at the meeting and no where did Shawn N. tell us we were closing springfield or any other terminal. what he said was if and let me repeat IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF we vote no they will go through a change of operations to merge us with YRC. IF IF IF IF IF we vote yes, that change will be pulled. For all of those that feel the need to add to the BS why dont you just resign right now and make this a better place for those of us that want a chance. Maybe slim, but it is a chance and if you read the papers and listen to the news, half of the companies in the country are hoping for the same chance. I can't wait for this vote to be over so we can just get back to business. Thank god I am talking with allot of people who have changed their vote from NO to YES.
And you believe this guy? Good luck to you and all my brothers that bought the company propaganda. Like I have said before, if you decide to vote YES and your terminal is closed who will you blame next? If YRCW can't make a profit in the second quarter how could they possibly do it when freight levels drop in the fall and winter? The handwriting is on the wall and some of you are grasping at any hope to keep your paycheck for another few months. Our pension contributions ended July 1. never to return. Don't roll over and give in to the threat of closure. New Penn Teamsters need to unify and stick to your original vote! Nothing has changed except more empty company promises are being made to people who are confused. Don't be one of the:holysheep:

Whats really outrageous is they took away OUR VOTING RIGHTS. Thats what every one should be screaming about. Funny most of the peoplse I talk to at my terminal who voted YES said they would VOTE No because they don't believe the UNION was right to call for another VOTE.

Weird but my best buddy MANAGEMENT JOE used the word UNLESS and kept repeating it and repeating today. And now you come on and keep REPEATING the word IF..Probaly just a COINCIDENCE:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Well I have a family and I promise to take care of that family and their needs and NO bull ::shit:: post will make me change my mind . I voted NO the last time and I WILL VOTE YES THIS TIME ! I need my job and my health care and if you do not than just DO NOTE vote and resign for the rest of us that need this job . I am proud but not too proud to say I made my statement and NOW I NEED to save my job !

One last thing Irishman . I have read your negative post all over this board ....Why dont you just keep your negative comments to yourself and quit trying to change people opinion ? You claim to be a Union Brother than why do you not do the brotherly thing and do not post at all . Let the rest of us make up our own decision with out all the bullshit !

Np driver 1 .You are the same guy that made up a total story of the Meeting that Mr Nolan had so who in the hell would believe you ??Anyone that sat in the meeting knows you are full of Sh----------!!!!!

so the springfield term. closing is bullshit on your part. cause you ain't working, you want to make others feel your pain. you want your vote no deal to pass so bad ,now you have taken to down right lying. let me guess, your a ex- red star , i'll be nice an say employee, i know more than a few working here, that have been able to let it die ,come here and do there job. but there still some of you who would like nothing more than see npme close up. first you preach all this npme pride,than a few days ago, you say you've been laid off for awhile, and now your just plain old lying . well, i hope your bullshit has just swung a couple more 100 votes to yes.you see, cause the people that are real npme people,won't let anyone or company shut us down without a bigger fight than you no voters have been trying to provoke. this is the guy who talked how all of springfield voted no together in the break room,well, you should all vote yes and do that together in the break room. npme isn't dead yet. you want to talk about what the past teamsters fought for,and why we should vote no, well you ought to check out what we have a npme even with the concessions compared to what you would have at yrc if you got a chance to work there. think about the teamsters that worked hard to make npme what it is today. they one this battle, yrcw, but they have yet to win the war. vote yes .what will save npme is to continue to do the absolute best at what we do in the northeast, that not even the non-union carriers can compare to us. and they don't to this day.

Y'all may want to get Jeff to change this thread,because the compaction in your area could us this to get your freight.

s. Nolan at terminal tonight to break news to members. Does not matter how we vote at #23- we are all done! Has been planned all along to merge us with yrc in westfield. Sorry to see this happen to a great bunch of hard-working guys. Good luck to all at #23!

Think very carefully before you cast your ballot. A yes vote does not mean "you will live to fight another day" as we were told at the latest union meeting last week.

complete fabrication liar !!!

If I don't post then people like you come on and rant and rave and make no sense. You say you are going to lose your job because of all the morons. But in another post you say you voted NO!!!! You want me to stop posting and resign because I'm a NO vote. Sorry Trucking you can paint me as horrible person. I unlike the IBT, YRC and many people on here always back up any FACTS I post. Or if I don't ask and I will. For example how many people said they read or saw or had THE MAGICAL COO LETTER WHICH WAS PROVEN NEVER EXISTED. So if you don't like what I post don't read it. As for your request for me to resign, No Thanks I think I will stay around awhile and make that extra 5% with the Pension. But if you don't want that extra money and Pension you can resign now before you get any more. By the way did you give that extra 5% back along with the Pension contribution??? Don't want that extra money you got to push us over the cliff.....

It's come to a point where we don't know what officials are lying or not. And I am talking about the yrc, IBT and newpenn officials. You say that Shawn N.said if its a yes vote then the COO will not happen. Yet When I asked one of the eastern region VP's of the IBT he said he could not gaurantee that it won't happen anyway. We also see that Tyson said yrc requested the merge, yet in a newspaper quoting a YRCW official. They stated they did not ask for a merge of newpenn. Someone is lying, or they all are lying.
I can only go on what I see as how yrc is financially and they are in deepppppp do do. Which I don't see them getting out of.

You bring nothin to the table ever....you're worried about YOU and your paycheck. I try to post info and opinions and some questions we should all be asking. All you do is say yes boss, whatever you say boss.
I can live with a paycut and working two more years longer to get my pension time...
But its not right!!! thats the part you dont get. And you believe the bullshit told to you by yrc and the other dopes.

You bring nothin to the table ever....you're worried about YOU and your paycheck. I try to post info and opinions and some questions we should all be asking. All you do is say yes boss, whatever you say boss.
I can live with a paycut and working two more years longer to get my pension time...
But its not right!!! thats the part you dont get. And you believe the bullshit told to you by yrc and the other dopes.

as you well know, he pulls that same crap over on the roadway board,every subject,slurp slurp