New Penn | Springfield Terminal Rumored To Close

so the springfield term. closing is bullshit on your part. cause you ain't working, you want to make others feel your pain. you want your vote no deal to pass so bad ,now you have taken to down right lying. let me guess, your a ex- red star , i'll be nice an say employee, i know more than a few working here, that have been able to let it die ,come here and do there job. but there still some of you who would like nothing more than see npme close up. first you preach all this npme pride,than a few days ago, you say you've been laid off for awhile, and now your just plain old lying . well, i hope your bullshit has just swung a couple more 100 votes to yes.you see, cause the people that are real npme people,won't let anyone or company shut us down without a bigger fight than you no voters have been trying to provoke. this is the guy who talked how all of springfield voted no together in the break room,well, you should all vote yes and do that together in the break room. npme isn't dead yet. you want to talk about what the past teamsters fought for,and why we should vote no, well you ought to check out what we have a npme even with the concessions compared to what you would have at yrc if you got a chance to work there. think about the teamsters that worked hard to make npme what it is today. they one this battle, yrcw, but they have yet to win the war. vote yes .what will save npme is to continue to do the absolute best at what we do in the northeast, that not even the non-union carriers can compare to us. and they don't to this day.

Why is it you always have to bring up if someone was a former Redstar guy,what has that have to do what is going on at Newpenn other than they,including myself have been through this ::shit:: before.How about the APA guys or any company that has shut down.We are ALL in this together,maybe time to act like real teamsters and stick together and stop the bickering:shift::shift:

Maybe Jeff should give us one of those Rumor threads here on the Newpenn boards,because this thread seams to be nothing more than someone told me or I overheard it in the breakroom ::shit::.That is exactly where this thread is going and do not forget our customers read these board also and we do not want to give them more reasons to leave:ranting2:

Aren't you the one who was Lucky enough to read "THE MAGICAL COO LETTER" that was proven to Not exist. IBT and YRC said there was NO LETTER and you read it. DID U SEE IT IN A DREAM, DID YOUR DOG TELL YOU IT EXISTED. At least I post FACTS so the members are at least informed. You on the other hand LIE to try and MANIPULATE the Vote for your or SOMEONES else's AGENDA. YOU HAVE NO CREDIBILITY NOW. I unlike you am voting NO but I don't tell people how to vote Unlike you are doing.

Yesterday, 09:53 AM
Irishman107
Veteran Join Date: Apr 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was told that YRC is filing a COO and will close 90 terminals. Thats already been discussed. They say 3 will be New Penn terminals. Can't verify it so don't ask. I'm sure we will find out when we get this vote RIGHT. No matter how many times it takes.

WHERE ARE YOUR FACTS AT......

Yesterday, 09:53 AM
Irishman107
Veteran Join Date: Apr 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was told that YRC is filing a COO and will close 90 terminals. Thats already been discussed. They say 3 will be New Penn terminals. Can't verify it so don't ask. I'm sure we will find out when we get this vote RIGHT. No matter how many times it takes.

WHERE ARE YOUR FACTS AT......

OK one more time, Look up the Word CAN'T and then look up VERIFY. Thats why it was put in the post. Because I can't verify it. Now you and your buddies can't seem to find anything that I didn't prove with FACTS. Thanks that makes me feel good. Keep looking!!

Yesterday, 12:56 AM
NP Driver1
Still New Penn Proud! Join Date: Apr 2007

Springfield Terminal To Close

Shawn N. at terminal tonight to break news to members. Does not matter how we vote at #23- we are all done! Has been planned all along to merge us with YRC in Westfield. Sorry to see this happen to a great bunch of hard-working guys. Good luck to all at #23!

Think very carefully before you cast your ballot. A YES vote does not mean "you will live to fight another day" as we were told at the latest union meeting last week.

THIS IS THE GUY YOU SHOULD BE CALLING A LIAR AND RUNNING YOUR MOUTH AT,THIS IS BS.READ THE POSTS THAT FOLLOW HIS.BUT YOU FOLLOWED WITH A RUMOR TRYING TO SWAY VOTES.WHO TOLD YOU ABOUT THE 90 TERMINALS AND 3 NEW PENN,JUAN THE JANITOR.

Irishman 107 your a phoney,what you say on these boards mean absolutely nothing.np1 starts a rumor,you add fuel to the fire and when you are exposed you hide.my yes vote went out yesterday.

As a outsider I reading and trying to keep up to date on the industry as a whole. Let me say I respect most the men and women posting their concerns on this board. I don't believe a person has to work for this company to be concerned for the drivers or the outcome of YRCW and NP. But we are in perilous times and some companies are hit harder than others.
If all this had not of happened with the economy and the country YRCW would no doubt be in a lot different condition. No doubt so would we all.

My take on it is simply this. Like one poster said his main concern was providing for is family and health care. I don't believe YRC is trying to pull any scare tactics. They mean what they say and are fighting for survival.

Worse case even if a yes vote only buys a few more months before it is merged into YRC that would be a few more months of wages and HEALTH CARE for some families that would be laid off now.

Is it a hard pill to sallow yes. Would I do it if I was in that boat. Yes!
But only because the is no way around this. We all are just going to have to wait it out and hope this economy turns around.

God Bless All...

As a outsider I reading and trying to keep up to date on the industry as a whole. Let me say I respect most the men and women posting their concerns on this board. I don't believe a person has to work for this company to be concerned for the drivers or the outcome of YRCW and NP. But we are in perilous times and some companies are hit harder than others.
If all this had not of happened with the economy and the country YRCW would no doubt be in a lot different condition. No doubt so would we all.

My take on it is simply this. Like one poster said his main concern was providing for is family and health care. I don't believe YRC is trying to pull any scare tactics. They mean what they say and are fighting for survival.

Worse case even if a yes vote only buys a few more months before it is merged into YRC that would be a few more months of wages and HEALTH CARE for some families that would be laid off now.

Is it a hard pill to sallow yes. Would I do it if I was in that boat. Yes!
But only because the is no way around this. We all are just going to have to wait it out and hope this economy turns around.

God Bless All...

Well put!!!!!!!!!!:clap: