Yellow | St. Louis Dock Damaged

stldockworker

TB Lurker
Credits
The West End Of The Dock Was Severely Damaged By Either A Tornado Or Straight Line Winds On Wednesday Night,More Importantly No One Was Hurt.The Roof Was Blown Off And Blown Out Into The Yard And The Street Bordering The Terminal.

StlDockWorker said:
The West End Of The Dock Was Severely Damaged By Either A Tornado Or Straight Line Winds On Wednesday Night,More Importantly No One Was Hurt.The Roof Was Blown Off And Blown Out Into The Yard And The Street Bordering The Terminal.
I'm glad everyone is OK. Were you working during the storm? You got any way of getting some photos on here? That would be interesting. Let us know how much damage $$ was done, if they say. DS.

Glad to hear all is well.
I heard that things got pretty bad down there .Also had some damage at the new Busch Ball Park

Glad to hear everyone OK!

It wasn't from Hurricane Mikeeeeee, was it?
(just joking...):biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Buildings can be fixed. Yellow gets another writeoff. Any room to expand when they fix it? You never know......

I'm one of them people who love watching the fury of mother nature, outside. (I'm one of those who would watch a tornado instead of taking cover) Always been into weather since way back. Seen that line of storms on radar while setting in the motel in CGB. That was a monster bowed echo on radar. Wish I was there to see it, but then maybe I'm glad I wasn't. Sounds like only some injuries accross the city. Could of been a whole lot worst, with all the people in Busch Stadium.

0672031017_yellowfreight2.jpg

0672031039_yellowfreight3.jpg

067203110_yellowfreight4.jpg

Docksteward said:
I'm glad everyone is OK. Were you working during the storm? You got any way of getting some photos on here? That would be interesting. Let us know how much damage $$ was done, if they say. DS.

I WASN'T WORKING LAST NIGHT HERE ARE SOME PICTURES FROM THE LOCAL NEWS CHANNEL IF I FIND MORE I WILL POST THEM.

Great photos

StlDockWorker said:
I WASN'T WORKING LAST NIGHT HERE ARE SOME PICTURES FROM THE LOCAL NEWS CHANNEL IF I FIND MORE I WILL POST THEM.
Wow!! The wind peeled the roof open like a can!! Is that black spot from a fire in the past? Thanks for the photos! DS.

Docksteward said:
Wow!! The wind peeled the roof open like a can!! Is that black spot from a fire in the past? Thanks for the photos! DS.

yes the black spot was from a fire about a year ago,I was there that day and again luckily no one was hurt in the fire.

Yes, that black spot is where a Dollar General trap trailer caught fire and burned to the ground about two years ago. That ended all smoking on the dock. I saw the damage yesterday when I got back from NSH. It threw that roof back like it was a blanket. Also damaged a lot of trees just to the south of the terminal across the street from Anheuser Busch where they have their ball fields.

We are currently going through another round of sever storms in STL. I-70 ,I-64 ,and I-57 all in Illinois just east of STL are under a tornado warning. Reports state that the area around Breese,Centrailia and Mt. Vernon IL are directly in the path.

yo...

storm aftermath update.....

lights went out at my st. louis home wednesday 8:45 pm....

power restored saturday 2:52 pm......

way to go ameren....

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

MIKEEEEE said:
yo...

storm aftermath update.....

lights went out at my st. louis home wednesday 8:45 pm....

power restored saturday 2:52 pm......

way to go ameren....

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
And posted to trucking boards @ 2:53Pm....:biglaugh:

yo cb...

actually it was about 15 minutes after, as i closed all the windows turned on the a/c and went potty.....

i was very lucky as i missed the wednesday night storm and the friday morning storm too......

on one of the side streets around the corner from the terminal there's a blown over storage trailer...

there has also been a big piece of debris blocking broadway since the first storm on wednesday that they aint in too big a hurry to remove......

the commercial laundry on russell 2 blocks away from YELLOW is still on generator power (they do all the linens for all the hospitals and restaurants).....

big trees are down all over.......

bring a chainsaw and a pickup and you can heat your house for chainsaw gas this winter......

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ps; now i got to repair the partition on my deck......

pretty awesome when you get to see imother natures power up close, glad no injuries/ you can always dream and think there will be room for a/cs and heaters when they repair the roof eh??

ghostrider said:
pretty awesome when you get to see imother natures power up close, glad no injuries/ you can always dream and think there will be room for a/cs and heaters when they repair the roof eh??
LOL! That'll be in the next Contract!