Yellow | Stack The Meetings

Status
Not open for further replies.

uncle wiggly

TB Regular
Credits
Friday morning at 8:30am, 771 is conducting what they call a "barn meeting." I suggest that every swinging //// makes provisions to be there!! The first time that you hear "I DON'T KNOW THE ANSWER TO THAT, I HAVE TO CHECK WITH CARLOS," We immediately stop the meeting and tell them to call another one when they have ALL of the facts, not just the ones that THEY think we should know right now and WALK OUT!! Hell, they should even invite Carlos and Danny down themselves to speak......

Titanic's Band (Local 771)

What went through their minds as they played together on that night can only be guessed. As the slant of the decks increased more and more, did they even consider that this was their last hour alive, or did one or two of them hold out a slight hope that eventually, one of the officers would amble over, and instruct them into a lifeboat? Whatever their thoughts were, we will never know. All eight bandsmen were lost.

Friday morning at 8:30am, 771 is conducting what they call a "barn meeting." I suggest that every swinging //// makes provisions to be there!! The first time that you hear "I DON'T KNOW THE ANSWER TO THAT, I HAVE TO CHECK WITH CARLOS," We immediately stop the meeting and tell them to call another one when they have ALL of the facts, not just the ones that THEY think we should know right now and WALK OUT!! Hell, they should even invite Carlos and Danny down themselves to speak......

Now that I would like to see there... All of the spin doctors in the same room, that would be to telling for the dues paying members. :hysterical:
Man%20behind%20the%20curtain.jpg

Testify Brother! I understand exactly how you feel, but your tactic is going on the BIG assumption that they even care in the first place. Their actions so far proven otherwise. In my minds eye, I see the aftermath of everyone walking out........

"Damn, that was a quick meeting."

"Yeah. Hey its four hours till the next one. If we hurry we can shoot the front nine at Fairview, and still have time for some beer and wings."

"Cool. Lets take the bikes, its a scorcher today."

At least thats one scenario. Who knows Uncle, may even see you at the meeting on Friday morning.....:1036316054:

Local 771

What went through their minds as they played together on that night can only be guessed. As the slant of the decks increased more and more, did they even consider that this was their last hour alive, or did one or two of them hold out a slight hope that eventually, one of the officers would amble over, and instruct them into a lifeboat? Whatever their thoughts were, we will never know. All eight bandsmen were lost.

Many people later commented on how strange it seemed to be wearing a lifejacket, awaiting orders to get into the lifeboats, while the band continued to play away as though nothing had happened....

771 barn meeting

On the 8:30 barn meeting at local 771,the very first question was concerning the pool 2 option for the utility driver. Howard R.....(local secretary treasure) had no clue about what this member was asking. A very informed steward had to clarify the members question so that Howard could understand, and the questioning member had to give him one of their hand outs, to show him the new June 3 2008 revised decision, which are leadership handed out but never read. After a 5 minute lull in the meeting so that the (leaders) could read their own hand-outs, he still incorrectly answered the question. The informed steward again had to respectfully disagree with his assertion. After a few minutes of fuming Howard decided to leave the meeting and go check to get a (clarification). Howard, returned with his tail between his legs, and had to admit that the steward was correct.

After that fiasco, I decided that these three leaders at 771, don't know their butt for a hole in the ground, and I walked out.

I feel that I'm not getting my money's worth out of this local, and International, and am prepared to just pay fair share dues until I see some fight for my job as promised.

See and everyone one thaought Stan Smith was blowing smoke up everyones butt about the leadership, for once some one else can see it too

On the 8:30 barn meeting at local 771,the very first question was concerning the pool 2 option for the utility driver. Howard R.....(local secretary treasure) had no clue about what this member was asking. A very informed steward had to clarify the members question so that Howard could understand, and the questioning member had to give him one of their hand outs, to show him the new June 3 2008 revised decision, which are leadership handed out but never read. After a 5 minute lull in the meeting so that the (leaders) could read their own hand-outs, he still incorrectly answered the question. The informed steward again had to respectfully disagree with his assertion. After a few minutes of fuming Howard decided to leave the meeting and go check to get a (clarification). Howard, returned with his tail between his legs, and had to admit that the steward was correct.

After that fiasco, I decided that these three leaders at 771, don't know their butt for a hole in the ground, and I walked out.

I feel that I'm not getting my money's worth out of this local, and International, and am prepared to just pay fair share dues until I see some fight for my job as promised.

Howard does not have the knowledge for the members, so when he feels pressured he always starts his yelling like you witnessed there. Now, this normally is effective for him with most people, because he is over weight and it intimidates them. Local 771 tries to shy away from group gatherings anywhere and manage people in very small numbers, if possible. Furthermore, there was a link removed about a year ago that I wish I could post here from saveourpensionfund. Anyhow, there was a gentlemen from Reading area that took the mic at a meeting being held and began asking the hard questions. At that time, it was reported that in the newsletter that Howard went up and grab the mic from him and began screaming at him in front of the people there. As a result, there were people that were going to file charges on him for that, but I never heard a thing about it again and the link is closed down.

If you look at the numbers of Local 776 through the years you'll will see they were not always as big as they are now. They became the 4th largest local in the IBT by eating up smaller Locals around them and then taking care of the current leaders in that local at that time. For example, look at the York Local.

Overall, its like trying to grab a pig in mud and Howard R. is nothing more then a sitting duck. Sitting ducks... :shrug:

Here's the link that had the report below:

fear.jpg

Local 771

Setting all personnal vandetta's aside. a professional Union representative in the situation that occured on Fridays 8:30 a.m. barn meeting should have come PREPARED. If he didn't have time to prepare he should have the other officials on the stage come prepared for him. But neither knew the answer to the question, and the answer was in their own handouts.

The first meeting was apparently a learning curve, at my time and expense. Maybe I'll go to Mondays' barn meeting to see if their stupidity is wiped off their faces.

Having gone through a change from York to
Carlisle in 1995, most of the questions that the members were asking is just not going to be answered. The company has their 1,5,10, year plans, and in no way do they legally have to tell us what they're going to do. The only obligation they have is that they justify the number of job losses with an opportunity to transfer to the gaining terminals.PERIOD

The what about me attitudes of some of the members at that meeting were dispicable. Choose a place to tranfer, or stay and enjoy the ride.

couldnt agree with you more. Stop all the crying and decide what you are doing, then do it!. We all knew this was going to happen so it shouldnt be a suprise. If you stay, you kow what is in store for you, and if you move, you know that you are going into the unknown and you plan to make the best of it. Good luck to all in the decision you make and remember it IS your decision.

couldnt agree with you more. Stop all the crying and decide what you are doing, then do it!. We all knew this was going to happen so it shouldnt be a suprise. If you stay, you kow what is in store for you, and if you move, you know that you are going into the unknown and you plan to make the best of it. Good luck to all in the decision you make and remember it IS your decision.

All very true and nothing left to do now, but ride the wave your on from the the wave you like the best...
Scatter.gif

page119_8.jpg

Stan Smith i have to correct you on one thing that you posted. You stated "If you look at the numbers of Local 776 through the years you'll will see they were not always as big as they are now. They became the 4th largest local in the IBT by eating up smaller Locals around them and then taking care of the current leaders in that local at that time. For example, look at the York Local." The only merger that our local ever did was with Local 430 in York pa which at the time I think brought about 1600 members. No other mergers into 776 in the more than 20 years I have been a member. If I recall correctly we had about 6000 when the merger took place and have about 8700 now.

Stan Smith i have to correct you on one thing that you posted. You stated "If you look at the numbers of Local 776 through the years you'll will see they were not always as big as they are now. They became the 4th largest local in the IBT by eating up smaller Locals around them and then taking care of the current leaders in that local at that time. For example, look at the York Local." The only merger that our local ever did was with Local 430 in York pa which at the time I think brought about 1600 members. No other mergers into 776 in the over 20 years I have been a member. If I recall correctly we had about 6000 when merger took place and have about 8700 now.

That maybe true when it comes down to the mergers and I could be mistaken there. At the same time, Local 776 territory has grown throughout the years and do cover more area then say 20 years ago. In fact, from my understanding that was a issue when the proposal for Hagerstown was up 2 years ago for LCP. There was a question on who the members would go to if that happened Local 776 or the Local down in Hagerstown. Since the Green Castle terminal was technically in Pa, Local 776 said it was there area, but the Local in Hagerstown said it was closer to them. Anyhow, as far as mergers you may be right there. Overall, Local 776 has become a giant force threw the years and I was surprised to see how they continually grew into the 4th largest local in the IBT a couple years ago when I did a paper for a course I was taking in Labor. Now I am off to watch the Lakers...:beerchug:

Now that I would like to see there... All of the spin doctors in the same room, that would be to telling for the dues paying members. :hysterical:
Man%20behind%20the%20curtain.jpg

Hey bro if you know Dan V. and Carlos R. you should know that the one thing that they are not is spin doctors. They have been representing our Barn for a long time and do a great job as far as I'm concern. They tell it the way it is now that in its own some don't like but I rather have that than some bozo that tells me everything I want to hear rather than what the truth is.

Status
Not open for further replies.