Yellow | Stand Proud Chicago!!!!!!

WTF!!! You must be scared to death about losing the taste of jimmy in the morning! And evening, and night too! For Pete's sake, grow a pair! The party's over! Its been over the moment the pos company asked for 10%! You're in denial like many but its time to hold your head up and spit in the pos union's face instead of them in yours. So in your own analogy would Vince Lombardi roll over to the pos company and union or give them the finger and say "up yours @$$ wholes"! We all know the answer to that one.

Why am I concerned? Yeah the way it was put my job could be on the line..after what this latest guy said I don't know.
I'd say most people would be concerned wether they'd have a job tommorrow especially since 2 million people lost their homes between Jan and July....and so many are unemployed.
One of our guys is layed off and working for about $12.00 per hour....That's great! $15 does sound better than that..I hope it doesn't go that low...but the difference between me and alot of naysayers is that in 18.5 years i've had a cdl, 9 at nons and it is pure hell for people like us..No voting. No grievances...Do as your told...they take benies whenever they want..I've had them cut three times in one year...no dental, rotten teeth. No sick pay..No vacation....no votes,nor grievances. I truly believe that alot of the naysayers have lived in this union bubble for so long that they have no idea what reality is...go ahead vote no and if it is true that we will close quickly as a result you'll find out the hard way....I've dealt with it for years and don't ever really want to go back..Delay for as long as possible would be my preference.

Why am I concerned? Yeah the way it was put my job could be on the line..after what this latest guy said I don't know.
I'd say most people would be concerned wether they'd have a job tommorrow especially since 2 million people lost their homes between Jan and July....and so many are unemployed.
One of our guys is layed off and working for about $12.00 per hour....That's great! $15 does sound better than that..I hope it doesn't go that low...but the difference between me and alot of naysayers is that in 18.5 years i've had a cdl, 9 at nons and it is pure hell for people like us..No voting. No grievances...Do as your told...they take benies whenever they want..I've had them cut three times in one year...no dental, rotten teeth. No sick pay..No vacation....no votes,nor grievances. I truly believe that alot of the naysayers have lived in this union bubble for so long that they have no idea what reality is...go ahead vote no and if it is true that we will close quickly as a result you'll find out the hard way....I've dealt with it for years and don't ever really want to go back..Delay for as long as possible would be my preference.
Ya know that nine years as a Non contributed to the problem. Now your here telling us how its suposed to be done. :popcorn:

Know what the Great Dickta would say about all the non 705 and 710 measter's telling the affected locals what they should do?

bears-1.jpg
Even DA Coach says flip them the bird on Tuesday Dec 8th,2009 and vote NO to givebacks on wages and bennies...

Don't blame me for people's financial problems. People should have been putting their money away and saving it for a rainy day. I can't be responsible for people who decide to live their lives from paycheck to paycheck. Sorry that it does happen to people, but they should put limits on their lifestyle. Meaning, taking care of their (needs) more than their (wants).

Ya know that nine years as a Non contributed to the problem. Now your here telling us how its suposed to be done. :popcorn:

Maybe you were lucky enough to get on a long time ago..I contacted the union thrree times for two of them jobs...but it never went anywhere....that was about 7 years worth of them....It took me a long time to get in at a place like this..
How many places did you try to organise? How many did you try to talk to? Or did you alkways sit there calling them a problem .....maybe just maybe some of them want you to talk to them instead of you looking at them like they are scum....You were hired into a union job.......try getting in at YRC Lancaster where the lowest man has 19 years and the rest are laid off......What did you leave us in all your years? After all it's pretty easy being a union guy that got hired into a union shop[.....I acctually called the union at my non jobs....but got nowhere cause the other guys wanted nothing to do with it.....cause they were scared the union would make us lose our jobs....think about what your doing....I risked my job by even mentioning the u word to some of them guys....
If it doesn't scare you to lose your job...why not ttake a LOA we're allowed now....go ahead...give it a shot se how really great it is out there....and you can look for a new job every other week with your big balls cause you'll be fired for them anywhere else..

A statement like this really burns me up...You have no clue..I don't know you personally but if you look around these freight docks and if you did the last 15 years or more.......there were very few times that your company's hired....I tried to get into Yellow and roadway 3 times...but didn't know any body...they didn't hire often and you seemed to have to know somebody...once I had the experience I wanted a good job but there were none .....for years....I called the union for help three times for two employers, once I was told we can't help you. another times I was told talk to the guys and see if you can get them interested...after I started talking to the guys and started getting flak...I got nervous and the harrassment I was already getting got worse...By the time it got anywhere a new company took over and probably knew of my talking and harrassed me even more...swithching my set days off...sending me for unpaid drug tests at emergency ceners which you could sit for hours and not get seen because you are not an emergency....until I finally quit...You see I was out there and know how it is....alot of you have had the good life for so long.....I just can't imagine why you'd want to give it uop...some people gripe about dues...$50/month is nothing compared to 45?week for insurance extrea for retirement...and the co-pays keep getting higher on a check half the size of your own....yet you just want to give it away...I too can survive and find another job ..I've done it before a bunch of times...I'm just sick of starting over.....and working with no contract,work rules nor any basic rights at all.....good luck chicago and goodnight..

A statement like this really burns me up...You have no clue..I don't know you personally but if you look around these freight docks and if you did the last 15 years or more.......there were very few times that your company's hired....I tried to get into Yellow and roadway 3 times...but didn't know any body...they didn't hire often and you seemed to have to know somebody...once I had the experience I wanted a good job but there were none .....for years....I called the union for help three times for two employers, once I was told we can't help you. another times I was told talk to the guys and see if you can get them interested...after I started talking to the guys and started getting flak...I got nervous and the harrassment I was already getting got worse...By the time it got anywhere a new company took over and probably knew of my talking and harrassed me even more...swithching my set days off...sending me for unpaid drug tests at emergency ceners which you could sit for hours and not get seen because you are not an emergency....until I finally quit...You see I was out there and know how it is....alot of you have had the good life for so long.....I just can't imagine why you'd want to give it uop...some people gripe about dues...$50/month is nothing compared to 45?week for insurance extrea for retirement...and the co-pays keep getting higher on a check half the size of your own....yet you just want to give it away...I too can survive and find another job ..I've done it before a bunch of times...I'm just sick of starting over.....and working with no contract,work rules nor any basic rights at all.....good luck chicago and goodnight..

sounds like this guy will have to be selling some toys to survive after tommorow hehe:biglaugh: he i:clap:s running around with his tail between his legs, but he probably does that at work everday anyway.

in your mouth?

NO means no so please stop with the tears you cry babies the co is going down with out any thing Chicago can do it's just your man Obamma wont bail us out so stop your crying and blame YRCW and Obamma not our brother's in Chicago they are the BEST of US they Have Ball's even the Woman there have Ball's not like the Cry Babies you all Have become so repent and realize your unemployment will run for 18 months be Happy I no I am ! But then again I have Big Ball's !

How big are they? Bigger than your brain?

just was wondering .... have asked in another thread , but is it like beating a dead horse now ?
Think ?
In the general vote for or against the 5 % and pension freeze wasnt the vote 53%-47% and im not sure but believe the differance was 6-7000 votes soooooooooooo. If all concerned in this coming vote voted no it still wouldnt change the overall outcome!!!
the reason for adding all to the master freight instead of seperate white papers.

Like you said you don't know me, or my life. You have confirmed what I needed to know. :shift:

just was wondering .... have asked in another thread , but is it like beating a dead horse now ?
Think ?
In the general vote for or against the 5 % and pension freeze wasnt the vote 53%-47% and im not sure but believe the differance was 6-7000 votes soooooooooooo. If all concerned in this coming vote voted no it still wouldnt change the overall outcome!!!
the reason for adding all to the master freight instead of seperate white papers.

I didn't think of that,but its probably what they will do just add chicago's votes to the overall vote and see if it changes the overall outcome.

Give it a break NPT. My GOD your begging. Disclaimer: "This is not a example of a New Penn Teamster".. There is a Life after YRCW. Thank God I was never in a foxhole with you. You would be waving a white flag saying if we surrender at least we can fight another day. That would be 2 seconds before the enemy came up and blew our heads off. Fight now Chicago because there isnt ever going to be another day to fight
I don't know who the hell you are or think you are with your disclaimer..but to remind you ....New Penn eventually followed our teamster leaders advice and the majority decided to give it a little more time...the leaders were elected by the majority. and the majority voted yes...and the leaders all around the country agreed to try to convince the majority to vote yes and now I have done the same.....so disclaimer" do you really think you are a Teamster by choosing to stand alone? Or are you something special and unique? The chips are gonna fall where their gonna fall but if you have the right to try and convince them to vote no....so to does anybody have more the right to vote yes and follow our elected teamster leaders advice for they probably know more than you....but then again you probably think you are more a teamster than our elected officials also....but don't have the office to prove it.....and probably never will. Most probably the majority of elected officials said in a round about way to try to live to fight another day.

sounds like this guy will have to be selling some toys to survive after tommorow hehe:biglaugh: he i:clap:s running around with his tail between his legs, but he probably does that at work everday anyway.

Yeah, I'm always running around....I'm like lightning...

You guys sound like children.
If it's claimed that yrc will still be around regardless of the Chicago vote then why do they continue to re-vote. Something doesn't add up here. Please enlighten me to your theory Please!!

Walk away....yes. Sorry to disapoint you tho, I ain't no better than anyone else.
Yes . I'll follow your advice and walk away or at least shut up for awhile....It''s time to just sit back and wait now...and Irishsetter hopefully you are right and I am wrong...I may just pop in and ask some questions as to what happened....It's all over but the counting. Please forgive those of us who haven't enjoyed this kind of pay for a very long time....our houses aren't paid off yet. I'll shut up and hope for the best now..some fight one way and some fight another...good luck everyone. and even more importantly wait on the exchange deal results...good luck again.

NPT,

You sound like a big baby! Stop it, If we vote it down you will still see yrc open.

VOTE NO CHICAGO!

You can tell by his posts NPT is just worried about things and has not yet hit the bottom like so many of us. It is not going to change the out come either way. I wish I had the magic words that would help him out. I did once read on the sign in front of a Chruch once that helped me see some light.

It read "To worry is a great waste of your imagination"

After reading this I realized its better to day dream about things to come and how much better they will be, Than to worry about how bad it will turn out.

Good luck NPT you will be fine either way. Your life will work out. There are far more things to be concerned with than what has you consumed right now.

You guys sound like children.
If it's claimed that yrc will still be around regardless of the Chicago vote then why do they continue to re-vote. Something doesn't add up here. Please enlighten me to your theory Please!!

YRC math is a little different than everybody else's..:biglaugh: