TForce | Standards!

no, I don't think that it is page 26-28 it has titles but nothing on the page.

How can the contract be complete then. They must still be working on it. That is what concerns me the most right there. How can Indy of voted to go union without knowing the complete contract. With the MF coming up I sure hope the rest of us is smart enough to hold off and get what we all deserve.
There are some here that are scared to fight for something better. If that is the case they better stay nonunion. To be union you do have to have some back bone. If we become union I would fight for a good contract just like I fought with Overnite against the union.
It's all or nothing I've always been that way. So with UPS I believe from what I have been seeing and what we got from them thus far we need the union.
So I'm 100% behind the teamsters for a GOOD AND FAIR CONTRACT FOR ALL TEAMSTERS.
Let's all work together because that's all we have. UPS,YRCW,ABF are all in bed on this deal. That is all it's going to take us binding together. If you don't have the stomach for it then you shouldn't post on here about wanting a contract like Indy's but not willing to fight for it.
Anything we get these days are going to be with a fight. Anything worth while. So join me and others and fight for a contract all LTL can live with and attract other nonunion carriers. The teamsters has lost their vision. We had better not.

Totally Confused

I have been confused about many things I
read on these boards since UPS purchased
Overnite and started UPSF . Possibly the
more enlightened could educate myself and
others on some specifics here .

#1 Why have the UPS package teamster members NOT tried or attmpted to expand
their membership and numbers to take in the UPSF employees ?

#2 Now that it appears that UPSF INDY has
a contract , why are those people doing
the same as above ?

#3 If in fact , UPSF INDY has a contract ,
why is it not available in full to read ?

#4 Are there vows of secracy about these
things ?

#5 Are rumors and part or untrueths the
preferred instead of facts ?

Thank You

Elvis,
Let me try to explain my position better. I do believe we need a contract. And the reason why is because of seniorty not being respected ,delay pay,ot after eight issues, and working rules not being the same for all. Also the out of pocket expence for our health plans. I do believe that this has always been the issue right from the beginning stages of all the union talk. This is what we should be working on. We should not have to give anything up that we already receive as a non union employee (within reason) We also should not expect any less than what any LtL freight teamster receives. We are not working for some mom & pop company. Im not looking for a pot of gold. Just what we deserve as any other freight teamster receives. I would be happy with the above improvements. Why should we have to give up anything to receive these teamster benefits. I do recall at one of our teamster meetings our rep said that we will not get anything less than what we already receive as a non union employee in this contract. So where is all this negative talk coming from regarding the Indy contract? I don't except it as fact but the talk is more out of pocket expence for medical. Straight time for road driver vacation. No 401k match. Pension remains the same. And so on. I am simply saying that the time will come for us to negotiate our contract. And I do not expect to receive anything less than what we receive now as a non union employee.

Thanks for clarifying your position. I agree with this post. No disrespect was intended with my post. Thanks Elvis...

#1 Why have the UPS package teamster members NOT tried or attmpted to expand
their membership and numbers to take in the UPSF employees ?

They are represented by the brotherhood of teamsters as we would be, we couldn't be rolled into there contract as we operate completely different, as in types of work degrees of difficulity and what not, there work rules pertain to them, and our work rules should pertain to us.

so I think a seperate contract would be better.

#2 Now that it appears that UPSF INDY has
a contract , why are those people doing
the same as above?

Indy is represented by the IBT the international brotherhood of teamsters, the same people that represent UPS pckage.

#3 If in fact , UPSF INDY has a contract ,
why is it not available in full to read?

#4 Are there vows of secracy about these
things ?

#5 Are rumors and part or untrueths the
preferred instead of facts

Here is where people have different views Some say it is a legal issue, others say it is a subpar contract and the less time we have to read the official final version then the less time we have to pick through it and disagree with it, it was posted on here that indy got 2 hours to read over it then vote on it.

If it is a good contract where we benefit then I see the longer we have to look it over the more people will vote for it.

Overnite, It is obvious that you are anti union. I don't believe you would even support the NMFA if UPSF served it up to us on a silver platter. Tell me I'm wrong. Elvis out and trying to figure you out....

Yes you are wrong, I am not antiunion, anticompany, prounion or procompany, I am for what benefits me and my family, I have stated this many times.

I not for this contract becuase I lose quite a bit more than I gain.

If I was faced with a contract where I had a net gain I would be for it 100%.

we must be talking about seperate things, in a peer review board it is just 6 employees (3 hourly 3 salary) we look over statements that the fired emplyee made and statements that the terminal manager made then we bring in the, employee who was fired he tells his side,then we bring on the tm who tells his side, then we ask questions to each of them, then they leave the room. And we debaye among ourselves and vote, if it is a deadlock 3 vs 3 it goes to an independant arbitration service.

I have been through 2 of these one very recently. Human resources is not allowed in the room.

Are we talking about the same thing?

we must be talking about seperate things, in a peer review board it is just 6 employees (3 hourly 3 salary) we look over statements that the fired emplyee made and statements that the terminal manager made then we bring in the, employee who was fired he tells his side,then we bring on the tm who tells his side, then we ask questions to each of them, then they leave the room. And we debaye among ourselves and vote, if it is a deadlock 3 vs 3 it goes to an independant arbitration service.

I have been through 2 of these one very recently. Human resources is not allowed in the room.

Go to UPSERS .com and you can read the edr process. UPS has deep pockets and they will no longer allow a kangaroo court subject them to the financial liability that the old ovnt process exposes them too. I know of four guys at my terminal that went through peer review and all of them lost. From what I know of there cases, two of them got screwed. I for one would not even bother with that process. If you have a case of wrongful termination, get a lawyer and tell him you work for UPS. You will see the $ signs light up in his eyes. I also believe this is another reason UPS wants us under contract, with a fair grievance procedure they are protected from lawsuits.:1036316054:

I also believe this is another reason UPS wants us under contract, with a fair grievance procedure they are protected from lawsuits.:1036316054:

I also agree that UPS wants us under contract. And you are 100% correct if there is a fair grievance procedure it limits there exposure to lawsuits, they gain also.

This should not count as a benefit for us this benefits all parties.

I have seen these peer reveiw boards in action over my 25 years working here and I have seen nothing but bias reveiws on these peer reveiw boards. I would much rather see an independent board and no one that works for the company should be on these boards. I have seen employees fired and also get there jobs back. From what I saw it was because a few on the board knew the employee. Either they liked the employee or not and that was the reason for there vote. BIAS!!!!

I agree, and the alternative is to have 3 union officials sit down with 3 shirt and ties from Atlanta.

Do you think there will be less bias that way?

This should not count as a benefit for us this benefits all parties.

It should not count as a benefit in negotiations against us and we should not have given anything up in return for this "benefit"

it is one of the biggest things we "won".

I agree, and the alternative is to have 3 union officials sit down with 3 shirt and ties from Atlanta.

Do you think there will be less bias that way?

I don't know. I simply stated that I would much rather see an independent board and no one from the Company on the board.

again not true there is a 6 man committee standing between you and the door

:hysterical: Six man committee. I've never had to use it but come on. The whole committee is hand picked. Drivers or dock or management all trying to score points with each other. I've never fell for that one. Just been lucky enough never to of needed it.:hide:

We had one in NBR because of seniority issues. They had 4 management and 2 hourly. Those two hourly were All-Star Road Team. So lets just say 4 management and 2 wanna-bes and the regional manager in an office in the next room. Fair, what a freaking joke of a process.

senority issues? I am talking about when an employee gets fired and he gets a peer review to either uphold or reverse with back pay.

Whats wrong with our allstars.
They are still drivers just like the rest of us.
Just because they are rodeo winners,and good citizens in their communities.
They still get paid for driving a truck.

APO, it seems that some current teamster members do not like anyone who achieves somthing on there own.

85% of what I know about the teamsters I have learned on this forum.

When they know your a safety man, lead man, road team, they attack you and smear you. This is not an opinion this is an observation.

I try to educate myself as much as possible before making a decision as big as joining the teamsters, I am not gonna let there actions influence me too much. But there representing the teamsters.

Has it always been this way where they don't like safetymen, leadmen, or the roadteam? In your 40 year career?