XPO | Star Card Abuse!

Careful there Bankrupt! Marty straighten out nothing, but changed plenty. And, that audit was in no way an accurate reflection of the XCW operation. More like tell me the answers you want and I'll go get the right questions.

Oh a normal audit...

Often I choose to say nothing in a specific situation but I gotta say that upon hearing the news of Marty's "perfect audit", I was absolutely speechless. I assure you this phenomena is a rare occurrence.

And there are many that believe it was fair, unbiased, and earned!

Jerry D once said that there is never a perfect audit... just the wrong stones turned over.

Often I choose to say nothing in a specific situation but I gotta say that upon hearing the news of Marty's "perfect audit", I was absolutely speechless. I assure you this phenomena is a rare occurrence.

And there are many that believe it was fair, unbiased, and earned!
If he gets a perfect audit this time, then it's fixed. I see stuff everyday that's not going to pass the audit. Paperwork, seals on the ground, cars double parked in the employee lot, dunnage is getting scarace... I'll do my own audit today and see how many I can come up with.

I personally like the Star Card program. If used correctly, it is a great tool to recognize those who truly make a difference. Most employee's take pride in the job they do...I am one of them.

I personally like the Star Card program. If used correctly, it is a great tool to recognize those who truly make a difference. Most employee's take pride in the job they do...I am one of them.

Good for you! :1036316054:
Welcome aboard and please let the CEO's and board members know about this site!
We like discussing issues.
If you can collectively make a difference in boosting morale, maybe we board members will give you an Online Star card.

Being a former member of management.....what suggestions do you have?

Hmmm lets see.
The biggest issue?
  • Police your inept terminal managers. Most don't have a clue how to be team leaders.
  • They are just there to move up the ladder and try to get your job.
  • They do not try to be approachable.
  • They threaten employees and when called out they deny and you believe.

The books you pass out to them are pretty much paperweights.
Listen Up, Leader!
Best Advice for Leaders: Stop, Look and Listen

Take aways and adjustments are just that. There is next to nothing a subordinate can do (other than voice an opinion) once an initiative has been rolled out.
They either have to swallow the bitter pill, cope and make their own life adjustments or just spit out that bitter pill and move on.

So yah.......take a good hard look at your management team and maybe production numbers at certain terminals will improve and everyone will be a happy camper and enjoy the higher level of ICP.

I must say Management you are quick on the keyboard. Star cards would be great if used properly. These generic cards (Oh you are so valuable, Thanks for being you) are BS. Each and every one of us perform special acts that add to this company every day and very seldom are the acknowledged.

After all is said and done: A Star Card is worthless. When I get them I do not read them at all. I find them in my mail box, from there to the trash.

After all is said and done: A Star Card is worthless. When I get them I do not read them at all. I find them in my mail box, from there to the trash.

A couple of years ago i thought my TM was going to have a stroke...i came in for LH and there neatly in little white envelopes on the table star cards addressed to everyone on LH, a few sitting in the window sill which were for P&D people who were not present for the daily work activities...i laughed grabbed mine and dropped it in the trash can right there...he was pretty pissed off while he stood there and watched...but hey...pay me on thursday is all i really am interested in...

Being a former member of management.....what suggestions do you have?

Publish the policy book if it is as you say a financial burden for the company (they gave up on calling it our company) put it on the portal. It is a matter of Integerty,

Give us the proper tools to do our job, 20% of the tractors we have should not be on the road they are unsafe or at the least worn out, going on 2 million miles, pallet jacks that dont work, etc,etc Management says to make do with what you have. Come on this is where th real job gets done invest in it
Its a matter of safety

Publish the policy book if it is as you say a financial burden for the company (they gave up on calling it our company) put it on the portal. It is a matter of Integerty,

Give us the proper tools to do our job, 20% of the tractors we have should not be on the road they are unsafe or at the least worn out, going on 2 million miles, pallet jacks that dont work, etc,etc Management says to make do with what you have. Come on this is where th real job gets done invest in it
Its a matter of safety

My first serious injury (the one plaguing me now and ending my conway career) was caused because of no proper equipment to handle slip sheeted skids of freight...