SAIA | starbucks

I worked p and d at Saia for about 2 years.Man,I hated those deliveries.Wasn't a big Starbuck fan before that,but I think that experience made my dislike even more.It was like moving a house into a broom closet.

One of the worse jobs as p&d! Had a West Chester college once-where in the hell do these students get the money? place was mobbed. Another one was centerline ave outside Philly, had to park 1/2 block away to get near it. Screw starbucks

How would we not. There not going to let us drive around with emtys
The Garland Texas terminal pulls a triple digit bill count a day out of their distribution center......That's a huge account. We spot 5 to 6 trailers there a day and swap them out all day long...........Not all those deliveries are BS..........Many go to Target stores that have docks here in the Southwest.......Not all are stand alone stores...........Some of the bigger stores are actually pretty easy to get in and out of...........It would hurt the revenue to lose that account. We can't afford to give up accounts like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys keep in mind tht starbucks is the single largest bill customer that Saia has. Also, Saia goes thru this every couple of years. Starbucks finds a lower bidder and changes carriers, then comes back. Few carriers would prioritize the way Saia does as far as service windows and hand freight deliveries. Just relax an enjoy the break

July 14th is our last day delivering to the Starbucks stores in the cinn. Region

Consider yourself Lucky! Our company used to peddle that crap for starbucks. I had a manager tell me one day i would have to move my truck right in the middle of me carting in their crap! Not once even in -15 deg. temps did they ever offer me a free cup of coffee to warm up

Consider yourself Lucky! Our company used to peddle that crap for starbucks. I had a manager tell me one day i would have to move my truck right in the middle of me carting in their crap! Not once even in -15 deg. temps did they ever offer me a free cup of coffee to warm up
Yuppie owned companies who employee teenagers are there to make money only, not be kind to suppliers. I liked the good ole days of mom and pop owned businesses who said thank you, can I help you, here I will hold the door for you, and even feed you when having holiday meals. I did not need these things but it made you really appreciate your customers and made you want to go the extra mile for them. Mutual respect goes a long way on both ends.(GONE FOREVER)

Well I am not a fan of seeing people loose jobs...Starbucks keeps a lot of people employed
It's our biggest revenue generator............Lose this account and rest assured jobs will be lost............Love them or hate them...............Bottom line is they pay the bills.....And you need to do everything you can to service the customer

Accounts come and go someone else will come in and low-ball you,I think every major ltl has had that "choice" account I know Estes did. I just remember the bad stops not the good ones (Target, and the food stores, once the reciever dropped the attitude I think they hated to rec it and check it in) the stand alone stores (most) were a pain in the keister trying to park near it and somewhat time consuming.How long have you guys had this acc. 6mo-1 yr.? If you loose it nobody will get laid off,the sales department will know in advance and have to get off the chair to find another pita acc., this acc should go to GT, he loves working 2 handcarts simultaneously

Accounts come and go someone else will come in and low-ball you,I think every major ltl has had that "choice" account I know Estes did. I just remember the bad stops not the good ones (Target, and the food stores, once the reciever dropped the attitude I think they hated to rec it and check it in) the stand alone stores (most) were a pain in the keister trying to park near it and somewhat time consuming.How long have you guys had this acc. 6mo-1 yr.? If you loose it nobody will get laid off,the sales department will know in advance and have to get off the chair to find another pita acc., this acc should go to GT, he loves working 2 handcarts simultaneously
Yep ...........GT is a multi-tasker and can handle it but I don't think Sysco will let him go..........I will ask him in the Moderator forum to come help us out here at SAIA...........LOL...........Grocerythrower.......Now that man is a real go getter.

I wanna say the nashville saia has around 5 guys just do starbuck swaps all day long. Plus the warehouse wont be 5 miles down the road from their barn soon, they are moving around 25 miles, (down the street from amazon). Saia will then have probley a handfull more drivers swap all day long.upsf used to have starbucks, just the chicagoland area, k.c and all of illinois, but we used to have contractors take it straight up to chicago. And then we would have to rent 12 straight trucks on top of the 15 we already had ,to service all the downtown chicago starbucks. At least you guys have liftgates ,a buddy of mine at estes said when they would peddle starbucks, it would b on a 53ft trl with NO liftgate. And WAZ UP TRAIN!?!?!? When did u slide in at saia??

I wanna say the nashville saia has around 5 guys just do starbuck swaps all day long. Plus the warehouse wont be 5 miles down the road from their barn soon, they are moving around 25 miles, (down the street from amazon). Saia will then have probley a handfull more drivers swap all day long.upsf used to have starbucks, just the chicagoland area, k.c and all of illinois, but we used to have contractors take it straight up to chicago. And then we would have to rent 12 straight trucks on top of the 15 we already had ,to service all the downtown chicago starbucks. At least you guys have liftgates ,a buddy of mine at estes said when they would peddle starbucks, it would b on a 53ft trl with NO liftgate. And WAZ UP TRAIN!?!?!? When did u slide in at saia??
My old friend southside stress......I thought you died dude......Glad to here from you........I knew you took my advice and jumped ship to UPS from Vitran.............Not that you needed it.......My old friend I moved to SAIA after the CT buy out....Took some time off for various things............Could have went anywhere but chose SAIA because of no dock work and a 23.48 top out after 18 months and great healthcare that beats my wife's hands down......25.50 a week for both of us.....Pretty sweet..........Anyway I won't bore the others with our catching up......I will send you a PM.

sounds good, btw, I got booted off here awhile back, (I was trolling on the odfl page and got into it with the man in charge over there, long story short, I had to make a new act. lol