New Penn | start posting

Maybe you can't interpret what you write.(post #34) You clearly stated NP was picking up a lot of Ohio and Michigan frt and not interlining with Holland. I understand there is not an agreement between the two companies yet. Can you clear-up the BAIL-OUT comment? Justice I don't have a problem with NP. I've stated several times on the old board that I support NP being the prominent carrier in the NE region. This move would without a doubt increase HMES's profit margin and o/r. GRIZZ

remember each company has to watch their own bottom line.not NP or Holland or anyone else will move freight just to raise another's bottom line, it has to be profitable to both carriers it might help their(Bestways) O/R but it will take more then interline freight to turn around a losing O/R . I never meant to imply I was talk about Hollands O/R.
We pick up freight everyday to and from Mich., Ohio and other states Holland serves and only those way above us have a say as to how they move the freight. I agree and maybe after they iron out the wrinkles you might see more business between the companies.

You know Justice isn't amazing how we can sit a 1000 miles apart, will watching the NFL draft, and work it out. You and I are a lot alike in the way we defend our lively hood. GRIZZ

both of our companies do it right compared to most others in the business.
it is not a bad thing to stand for what you believe in.
in the end our lively hood is intertwined through YRCW and hopefully they have a good vision for the future.

Also if you look at it they started with Reddway given NEMP frt and then Bestway. Then they started picking up frt for Reddway and started getting frt from Holland. Now they are starting to pick up for Bestway.

Do you see a pattern maybe?

It might take a little time, but in the end I believe it will all be interlined with (sister) companies.

Also they most likely did it in pieces like this for it would not hurt NEMP service and jam their system up all at once,with a big influx of frt.

JimJoe (jj) said:
Also if you look at it they started with Reddway given NEMP frt and then Bestway. Then they started picking up frt for Reddway and started getting frt from Holland. Now they are starting to pick up for Bestway.

Do you see a pattern maybe?

It might take a little time, but in the end I believe it will all be interlined with (sister) companies.

Also they most likely did it in pieces like this for it would not hurt NEMP service and jam their system up all at once,with a big influx of frt.

Great point JJ, I think you're right

wow....thought i must've been really drunk because i did'nt remember posting this, then i look at the date and see it's from three years ago. no wonder i was baffled. sloppy, you really dug this out of the archives..you got to much time on your hands.

wow....thought i must've been really drunk because i did'nt remember posting this, then i look at the date and see it's from three years ago. no wonder i was baffled. sloppy, you really dug this out of the archives..you got to much time on your hands.
Yes as a matter of fact I do.:rockon:

nightowl I did the same thing. I was thinking "what the crap or when did I write this." Go figure that post out "Holland O/R in the low 90's in 2006". Seems like a lot longer than 2 an a half years ago.

actually my first thought was that someone, somehow had posted something under my username, then i saw the date..