Yellow | Start saving for Yrc strike! 1 year and counting.

Stand Tall ABF Teamster's !
xutOxyG.jpg

Teamster 1970 Wildcat Strike
04.08.1970-Ohio-Teamsters-strike.jpg
We have the upper hand now with severe shortage of Driver's , time to stand up !

Teamster 1970 Wildcat Strike
04.08.1970-Ohio-Teamsters-strike.jpg
We have the upper hand now with severe shortage of Driver's , time to stand up !
1964 original contract covered 400,000 drivers at 16,000 companies.

Strike in ‘70 allowed continued transportation of food, medicine and, of course, beer.

Don't remember the year, but the companies locked us out.
6 of us were taking hrs. in Birmingham, company gave each a bus ticket home, we cashed them in, rented a Dodge Monaco, appointed
a designated driver, bought 2 jugs of Black Label Jack Daniels
and headed for Charlotte, I was lead singer of the group.

Don't remember the year, but the companies locked us out.
6 of us were taking hrs. in Birmingham, company gave each a bus ticket home, we cashed them in, rented a Dodge Monaco, appointed
a designated driver, bought 2 jugs of Black Label Jack Daniels
and headed for Charlotte, I was lead singer of the group.

Brownsville Station?

Most, if not already engaged in good savings habits, might be able to save enough for a week, maybe two, without a paycheck. Jmho
That's a good thing. I would think they could even do better than that in the amount of time we have. I seriously doubt it'll even be needed. We have a track record of giving YRC almost anything they ask for.

This is not your grandfather's strike. Or time.
Things have changed.
No strength numbers or even in the union itself.
It's all fragmented.
They will just shut the doors and open a non union company down the road.

We were locked out in 1994. 23 days by the barrel. I was in my 5th year at Holland and we were booming. O/R in the 80’s and great working conditions. I had spent my first 11 years at Thurston Motor Lines, so Holland felt like trucking heaven comparatively speaking.
So after the strike it took awhile for the freight to return, but it did. Holland’s reputation and service standards were the key. A question each of us have to answer is Can we say that about any of the effected subsidiaries of YRCW presently?

We were locked out in 1994. 23 days by the barrel. I was in my 5th year at Holland and we were booming. O/R in the 80’s and great working conditions. I had spent my first 11 years at Thurston Motor Lines, so Holland felt like trucking heaven comparatively speaking.
So after the strike it took awhile for the freight to return, but it did. Holland’s reputation and service standards were the key. A question each of us have to answer is Can we say that about any of the effected subsidiaries of YRCW presently?
Unequivocally no. This place wouldn't last 23 minutes on strike. The product that yrc freight has to offer can be replaced by any fly by night carrier. But , let's be honest ,the union will never authorize a stike, not going to happen. Those days are gone.