Yellow | Start saving for Yrc strike! 1 year and counting.

Unequivocally no. This place wouldn't last 23 minutes on strike. The product that yrc freight has to offer can be replaced by any fly by night carrier. But , let's be honest ,the union will never authorize a stike, not going to happen. Those days are gone.

Personally I’m tired of giving my hard work an money to over paid union officials and CEO’s so I’ll keep doing half the work at half the pay till it’s over then take my CDL’s and go somewhere else.

The ONLY reason this sham of a company is still in business is because of the Teamster givebacks. Management has done nothing but ride the gravy train of free money, all while rewarding themselves with stock option cashouts. No new ideas, no encouragement to the hard working Teamsters, no nothing. Just holding their hands out for the free revenue from the Teamster 15% wage concessions. Let these scumbags try and find another management job in 2019........Oh thats right......they wont have to find another job, they will already be MILLIONAIRES off the stock and bonus rewards they receive. Shut this :shit:bag down in 2019.

The ONLY reason this sham of a company is still in business is because of the Teamster givebacks. Management has done nothing but ride the gravy train of free money, all while rewarding themselves with stock option cashouts. No new ideas, no encouragement to the hard working Teamsters, no nothing. Just holding their hands out for the free revenue from the Teamster 15% wage concessions. Let these scumbags try and find another management job in 2019........Oh thats right......they wont have to find another job, they will already be MILLIONAIRES off the stock and bonus rewards they receive. Shut this :shit:bag down in 2019.

If it’s gonna ‘shut down,’ why not let it die a natural death through attrition? Very soon, most of those still here will have retired or received permanent disability, due to exhaustion or moved on, in one way or another. I don’t see the purpose of actively destroying that which pays ones bills. If it’s that bad for you, in today’s environment, job change is easy. I suggest you pursue that path and focus less on so much negative energy.

Unequivocally no. This place wouldn't last 23 minutes on strike. The product that yrc freight has to offer can be replaced by any fly by night carrier. But , let's be honest ,the union will never authorize a stike, not going to happen. Those days are gone.
XPO Teamsters are on strike right now in Miami, ABF took a strike vote...who knows!!...Not!!...I agree, never happen, they owe to much debt, competitors would put us under, we'll be lucky if Hoffa plays hardball and brings back a decent proposal!

Last edited:
Don't remember the year, but the companies locked us out.
6 of us were taking hrs. in Birmingham, company gave each a bus ticket home, we cashed them in, rented a Dodge Monaco, appointed
a designated driver, bought 2 jugs of Black Label Jack Daniels
and headed for Charlotte, I was lead singer of the group.
In 1994 our union steward showed up at the Roadway Abq. dock about 1900 and said shut it down, we're on strike. About 11pm that night a car load of OKC drivers showed up at our picket line from the motel. They said our locals had an agreement to allow them to pull loads out and take them back to OKC. We said no, we're on strike. I heard they did the same thing. Rented a car and headed back home to OKC. The OKC drivers honored our picket line.

Last edited:
I work at my full potential now and will continue to do so in the future. Slow walking this company to death isn't the answer. If you want a raise (I do) first and foremost the company has to be profitable. For the company to be profitable you must do your job. I run a bid out to 511 and while I understand the frustration, the things I've seen go on out there just sicken me, almost as much as the defeatist attitude I read on here most of the time.

In 2019 demand a raise but be worthy of it. Take pride in the job you do and if the time comes to find something different you can walk away knowing you did your best. We may very well have to strike in 2019 to get the raise we most certainly deserve. Be prepared and start saving now if you haven't already.

In 1994 our union steward showed up at the Roadway Abq. dock about 1900 and said shut it down, we're on strike. About 11pm that night a car load of OKC drivers showed up at our picket line from the motel. They said our locals had an agreement to allow them to pull loads out and take them back to OKC. We said no, we're on strike. I heard they did the same thing. Rented a car and headed back home to OKC. The OKC drivers honored our picket line.

Our lockout was in the 60s or maybe early 70s.
Years later we were on strike, we drove an Atl. driver home in our car, another one crossed the line, drivers made it so hard on him he quit his job, a short time later.

If it’s gonna ‘shut down,’ why not let it die a natural death through attrition? Very soon, most of those still here will have retired or received permanent disability, due to exhaustion or moved on, in one way or another. I don’t see the purpose of actively destroying that which pays ones bills. If it’s that bad for you, in today’s environment, job change is easy. I suggest you pursue that path and focus less on so much negative energy.

I respect your opinion and was only expressing mine. I will stay at the YRCW Company I am employed at for as long as I want. I will express my opinions on this company for as long as I want.
Ignoring the fact that this Company has become a pariah on the LTL industry, only to get you through the rest of your career is what got us here in the first place. I understand you are hoping it lasts long enough for you to finish out your career and retire. Then What????? Did you make it better for those who came later, or are you just worried about you? My comments are not negative energy, just reality as I see it. We either get what we have coming to us or shut the pig down. Teamsters are not the ones destroying this company, management is.

Last edited:
I left early that morning and was already home. When the strike was over they sent me, jr jackass,dirt dobber and another driver to Avis to get a mini van to go to get trucks left out there.Got Avis and they give us a upgrade to help them move vehicles, they give us 1994 Cadillac. Things went well til jr started farting and I got pulled over by New Mexico"s finest in Santa Rosa NM. That cop wanted to know why an ole hippie ( had hair down to my belly button ) was driving a brand new Caddy I guess. :encouragement:

I left early that morning and was already home. When the strike was over they sent me, jr jackass,dirt dobber and another driver to Avis to get a mini van to go to get trucks left out there.Got Avis and they give us a upgrade to help them move vehicles, they give us 1994 Cadillac. Things went well til jr started farting and I got pulled over by New Mexico"s finest in Santa Rosa NM. That cop wanted to know why an ole hippie ( had hair down to my belly button ) was driving a brand new Caddy I guess. :encouragement:
There had probably been reports of a Cadillac westbound on
I-40, with an interior full of smoke??

I work at my full potential now and will continue to do so in the future. Slow walking this company to death isn't the answer. If you want a raise (I do) first and foremost the company has to be profitable. For the company to be profitable you must do your job. I run a bid out to 511 and while I understand the frustration, the things I've seen go on out there just sicken me, almost as much as the defeatist attitude I read on here most of the time.

In 2019 demand a raise but be worthy of it. Take pride in the job you do and if the time comes to find something different you can walk away knowing you did your best. We may very well have to strike in 2019 to get the raise we most certainly deserve. Be prepared and start saving now if you haven't already.
After. 30 plus it's hard to do this but I can only agree
I can't and won't move. Like I did when I was 30 years old. But I move when I am supposed to and do what is expected..
As for working with pride. That went out the window 9 years ago.

After. 30 plus it's hard to do this but I can only agree
I can't and won't move. Like I did when I was 30 years old. But I move when I am supposed to and do what is expected..
As for working with pride. That went out the window 9 years ago.

Mysticobra, if nothing else take pride in yourself and the job you do. I personally have a hard time justifying what this company has done past and present. We are pleaged with bad management. There is nothing any of us can do about that. I will do the best I can personally and demand to be compensated for that at contract time. If we as group aren't willing to demand a decent salary then we will get what we deserve. I will decide what to do from there. I personally am tired of paying dues to be the lowest paid in the LTL industry. Like it or not that's where we are. I will work hard for my money and make my decision after the contract agreement.

I'm gonna look at the contract proposal and if it seems decent and fair and going in the right direction then i'm gonna vote yes
If its a big crock of ::shit:: then im gonna vote No
but i wont be swayed in any direction by trolls who just want our jobs to go away for their own benefit or my disgruntled coworkers who wont be happy with anything proposed no matter how good it is because they wont have anything to B@#$H about everyday. After 10 years of concessions and the out of spite week of vacation taken from us and an actual vote of no the first time on the MOU im sure the company and the union knows where we stand, give us our week of vacation back, a decent no BS raise, and a matching 401k with some protection on our vested pension time or some answer to the pension mess/ Butch Lewis or something, Basically steps forward and showing some appreciation for our sacrifices to keep their jobs going as well as ours then we have a deal, but be wary of the trolls and disgruntleds who just tryna hype up a big no to anything or strike no matter what crowd, might be some old supervisor who dont work with us anymore, a driver somewhere else or just some old union hater who just want to see thousands of teamster families out of a job

I respect your opinion and was only expressing mine. I will stay at the YRCW Company I am employed at for as long as I want. I will express my opinions on this company for as long as I want.
Ignoring the fact that this Company has become a pariah on the LTL industry, only to get you through the rest of your career is what got us here in the first place. I understand you are hoping it lasts long enough for you to finish out your career and retire. Then What????? Did you make it better for those who came later, or are you just worried about you? My comments are not negative energy, just reality as I see it. We either get what we have coming to us or shut the pig down. Teamsters are not the ones destroying this company, management is.

I think you missed my point.

Your opinions are welcomed and encouraged. I am glad that you choose to work of your own free will and optimistic you share your knowledge with any and all new employees who cross your path.

What got us here in the first place was failure of corporate to adapt and prepare.

The votes, contracts and MOU’s were only a reflection of their misdirection and ineptitude.

Had separate brands not been attempted, rather merge with new identity and trimming redundancies, the company would have been much better positioned to endure the economic downturn.

But, I digress. You have no idea of my work ethic, or of that for which I stand.

I am all for fighting for our legacy, but to whom do we leave it?

With what remained after Zollars, Welch deserves every penny imho.

Most said we would not endure, yet we have.

We will evaluate and vote accordingly when the proposal is offered. It is my hope that consideration for the greater good is honored and upheld by all.