Yellow | Start saving for Yrc strike! 1 year and counting.

Isn't he marching somewhere carrying some kind of sign right about now? I would think.

XeEknau.jpg

He still has a few days left holding this sign, too....

I can only imagine that anyone who has the age and can go. Even those on the edge like me will go. It serves no purpose for me to stay. I've been through tough times before when I was younger. And survived I think I will (my wife too) will survive this.
Life is full of challenges.
You can face those challenges and change.
Or you can stay at YRC and know what the next day will be like.
Those of you that have retired know what I mean. To leave the security of the known.
Or.
You can lead yourself into your own future.
I prefer the latter.
Take the leap or stay and see what happens. I'm leaping into some unknowns.
But staying is still an unknown.
And I'd rather argue with myself than others there at YRC.
Think the worst and hope for the best. All I know for certain is I'm not alone.
Family. I'm rambling. It's late and it has been a long eventful week. I've got one foot out already. It's a process. But I have one big foot out.

Ya. I'll be ready.
I'll be miles and months away from it.
Even then it will be a distant memory.
And trust what I say.
No emotion will be shed except for relief.
Pure unadulterated relief.
Sorry.
Im bailing and I don't feel bad about it at all.
Good luck. I'm taking the leap. Good or bad.
Great post. That's poetry. You missed your calling.

I can only imagine that anyone who has the age and can go. Even those on the edge like me will go. It serves no purpose for me to stay. I've been through tough times before when I was younger. And survived I think I will (my wife too) will survive this.
Life is full of challenges.
You can face those challenges and change.
Or you can stay at YRC and know what the next day will be like.
Those of you that have retired know what I mean. To leave the security of the known.
Or.
You can lead yourself into your own future.
I prefer the latter.
Take the leap or stay and see what happens. I'm leaping into some unknowns.
But staying is still an unknown.
And I'd rather argue with myself than others there at YRC.
Think the worst and hope for the best. All I know for certain is I'm not alone.
Family. I'm rambling. It's late and it has been a long eventful week. I've got one foot out already. It's a process. But I have one big foot out.
And we will keep the light on for you..

I too may go at 58 years old with 33 years even though they wil cut 56 percent off my retirement. Then again maybe I’ll just show up and do little as possible. I still have the thrill to drive so maybe the county or state needs the best dam driver in the country, I know Yrc doesn’t. Good luck everyone looks like the end is near for some if we make it to April.

I too may go at 58 years old with 33 years even though they wil cut 56 percent off my retirement. Then again maybe I’ll just show up and do little as possible. I still have the thrill to drive so maybe the county or state needs the best dam driver in the country, I know Yrc doesn’t. Good luck everyone looks like the end is near for some if we make it to April.

Planning to fly the coop on April 19, 2019.

On Strike '94 Roadway Gardena.
The beginning of my turbulent career!
So much dysfunction , they closed the barn a year later to split us up!

Those of you planning on voting yes after 10 years of concessions? Grow some balls!

Oops, I forgot the fairer sex. Ladies, I apologize!!!

38084932_10213950145082313_7185313521217830912_o.jpg

stop talking about a strike. the senior men will accept any offer given to them. count on it. they wont take a 50 plus percent hit on the little pension there eligible for now and they need the insurance.a guy with 20 plus years isnt going to start over somewhere and give up weeks of vacations.

stop talking about a strike. the senior men will accept any offer given to them. count on it. they wont take a 50 plus percent hit on the little pension there eligible for now and they need the insurance.a guy with 20 plus years isnt going to start over somewhere and give up weeks of vacations.
You are incorrect on many fronts. First, the senior men are definitely NOT going to lay down for whatever is thrown at them. As for the 20-year men not willing to leave, wrong again: I know of MANY men with 20-30 years who have done exactly that-gone to ABF. Some of them we miss; others, good riddance!
The senior management of this company has made more blunders that I can count. The trouble is: they are paid to "do it right" and to know what that way is. They have failed miserably. Too many of our brethren don't do their jobs, but they still expect to be paid. I for one am sick and tired of making the same amount as these slugs when I work my buns off trying to save this company for the benefit of ALL of us. I too can leave-my years are in. I'm still here because of the insurance benefits. I have a suggestion for one and all----tell the negotiating committee that WE need to have rank-and-file people at the table, LOTS of them! We are not IBT fat-cats who suck their living from us; we are us!! I'm really struggling to figure out who's screwed us worse; YRC's "glass house gang" or the IBT.

5 years ago most of the same characters voted yes. Now 5 years later what has changed ? They are 5 years older thats it. Ernie did UPS and ABF now hes going to complete the trifecta.

Have to disagree with you on this , the Senior guys are very tried of being forced to do most of the work while these new young worthless guys can't even get 3 or 4 stops off in a day & can't back up & sit & play on cell phone on dock most of time & they got FULL PAY after just 30 days , while we had to work 2 or 3 years to get full pay back 20-30 years ago , so most of the senior guys at our barn are ready to strike , enough of being the whipping dogs for old yeellllloooowww...........

What do you care what a junior man does ? Focus on you not anyone else. 104 days to go. There will be no strike. Take your $1000 bonus and $1hr over 5 years and move on or retire.

heres what you are going to get...extension of MOU, till 2022, when pension payment is now due to the union. 30 or 40 cent raises for those 4 years, without 15% discount we always give...same healthcare and same amount going to pension...I dont think this piece of ::shit:: company will give us our vaction week back!! I think it will come out less than 50% voted so this will be shoved down out throat..wont be a chance to strike...the new MOU pushing city guys to 70 hours a week and resetting the next week , will be shoved down our throats vote or not...got to be competitive with the non union companys...hope im wrong..be nice to get offered a real contract to vote on...but thoses chances just went down after last weekend news of cheating on the us govt billing...