ABF | Start the Picketline

And what would a comparison of labor costs between ABF and FedEx achieve? FedEx is not negotiating with their employees.......they will ..react..after ABF ratifies it's contract.

FedEx employees pay a weekly "co-pay" to their employer to....."maintain"....their health care,....one of the biggest scams going, in my opinion. Their recent start-up of a defined-benefit pension will nowhere equal a Teamster pension,.....at least not for the next 30 years. In the meantime,.....all you got for retirement at FedEx,....and just about all other non-Union places,.....is a self-funded 401(k),.....and,....Wall Street recently decreased the annuity rate to 3.5%,..from 5%. For those who know how that works,......that means you need an extra couple hundred thousand in your 401(k) before you retire,...to make the same BEFORE they lowered the annuity rate,........Work another 5-6 years........Of course their Labor costs are lower.....

The corporate philosophy is to force employees to devalue their labor,........and the resulting savings go right into corporate profits and bonuses......at the expense of our families. Comparing us to FedEx,...or any other non-Union company,...is the "race to the bottom",.....a term that such a scholar of history as you seem to be should surely recognize.

If ABF's,..........and YRC's,.......and UPSF's .......wages and benefits rise substantially higher than the non-Unions,.....then you would have the non-Unions raising their pay and benefits in response. Been in trucking long? It's always happened that way.........In a tight labor market,........the employers realize they MUST pay higher wages to maintain a competent work force.

Working in a Union job,....is an intelligence test, Brother. Do you want the highest wages and benefits for your family? Do you want job protection, and collective bargaining rights? If you do,.....then you go to a Union carrier,........If you don't understand,....or if you're not qualified,.......you follow the line of least resistance,....and get hired at a non-Union carrier.

By the way,.....I didn't call Mr. Carter a..."spineless dolt".........Those are your words,.....and what seems to be a popular debating trick, nowadays. I don't use tricks like that....

I don't have "a man" in New York Conference of Teamsters,...........unless you're using the term in a collective sense,......which, in that case,....both you and I have "a man" in New York,.......as long as you're a Teamster, too..........
Only if you are in a specific annuity...
if you are in a blended fund $$$$$$$$$

Union pensions are invested in Wall St so you better hope they do well....

The Doors - When the Music's Over . September 1967

"When The Music's Over" lyrics provided for educational purposes and personal use only.

Turn out the LIGHT'S

Last edited:
The Doors - When the Music's Over . September 1967

"When The Music's Over" lyrics provided for educational purposes and personal use only.

Turn out the LIGHT'S

Why.....why are you so ready to give up your job.

We haven't even seen a proposal yet.... grant it doesn't feel like it will be a good one. I'm sure we will have to fight for our pay and vacation.... but to close the doors before hearing what will be presented to us.

We haven't even seen a proposal yet.... grant it doesn't feel like it will be a good one. I'm sure we will have to fight for our pay and vacation.... but to close the doors before hearing what will be presented to us.

I'm sorry. ... I getting old.... thought I was posting on the holland board.

Carry on boys...lol

I'm sorry. ... I getting old.... thought I was posting on the holland board.

Carry on boys...lol

Well... at least you realized it which I call normal... but some members on here never do realize... or even care that they're on the wrong board... lol

Well... at least you realized it which I call normal... but some members on here never do realize... or even care that they're on the wrong board... lol

I don't normally say much to start with..... but I hear a lot complaining at holland.... can't say I'm happy one way or the other.... next year we will get to see what happens.

Be Ready, this is the best time to WALK. Several companies, from chipmaker Nvidia to toymaker Hasbro, are reporting the impact of a shortage of truck drivers on their businesses. "Trucking is right now … experiencing a severe crisis," Robert Csongor, vice president and general manager of automotive at Nvidia, said during the company's March 27 investor day. "There's a shortage of trucking drivers driven by the Amazon age." While demand for truckers has gone up with the rise of e-commerce, a federal mandate for electronic logging devices that took effect in December is limiting the number of hours drivers can work.

I'm sorry, but the FART lie, 5 years ago.

She don't lie
She don't lie
She don't lie, ABF

Eric Clapton - Cocaine-1976:)

Last edited:
Sweet taste of victory for Peeps union workers as judges rule against candymaker

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit ruled that Just Born Quality Confections, the firm in Bethlehem, Pa., that makes the candy known as Peeps, could not unilaterally stop enrolling new employees in a pension without paying a penalty, something it had tried to do since 2015.