ABF | Start the Picketline

There are about ten thousand employees at ABF. Each corporation has one CFO. My views aren't always popular, statements I make may negatively impact folks who have absolutely nothing to do with my opinions.
Not a very smart thing for a cfo to be doing. Was better off hanging around drivers bathrooms. Now he is ashamed of his actions.

There are about ten thousand employees at ABF. Each corporation has one CFO. My views aren't always popular, statements I make may negatively impact folks who have absolutely nothing to do with my opinions.

More BS... like you're worried about your statements negatively impacting folks who have absolutely nothing to do with your opinions... lol

It's more like you're worried about your statements having a negative impact on you.

Not a very smart thing for a cfo to be doing. Was better off hanging around drivers bathrooms. Now he is ashamed of his actions.

C'mon Muler... we are just two of about ten thousand employees at ABF and he is the one and only CFO that used to have to rely on getting his information from bathroom walls... lol

Sounds like his company is real busy. He has been on this site all day. Maybe abf should find another company to clean our bathrooms.

Sounds like his company is real busy. He has been on this site all day. Maybe abf should find another company to clean our bathrooms.

There sure won't be any meritocracy coming his way if his CEO gets wind of his recent actions... only then we would have EXCFO posting how it used to be so much easier reading what was written on the bathroom walls than now having to clean them.

But knowing him... he would find some interesting and flattering way to add that on his long resume.

5234585604.png

5796378086.jpg

EX, you are letting them get your goat. Let them have their say. They trap you with their foolish arguments and you end up arguing foolishly. It’s an easy trap to fall into; I know I have fallen into it a couple of times (my stupidity). Experience counts in life!

EX, you are letting them get your goat. Let them have their say.

They aren't getting my goat. I am just ignoring Muler. Docker, despite his debating techniques, seemed (past tense) to be somewhat capable of a civil discussion though we disagree about much. So, I was obliging him as much as time permitted.

If the ABF pro-Teamster crowd wants a knowledgeable and educated spokesman, who can articulate their stance without all the childish drivel, they should just allow Canary to carry the banner. He operates on a different level. If they want to be represented here by the likes of Muler and Docker, so be it. They shouldn't be surprised by the lack of support they receive.

It's apparent I'm in Muler and Docker's head. Digging up posts I made years ago, even under my old screen name before I asked Jeff to change it.

Peace Homesick.

They aren't getting my goat. I am just ignoring Muler. Docker, despite his debating techniques, seemed (past tense) to be somewhat capable of a civil discussion though we disagree about much. So, I was obliging him as much as time permitted.

If the ABF pro-Teamster crowd wants a knowledgeable and educated spokesman, who can articulate their stance without all the childish drivel, they should just allow Canary to carry the banner. He operates on a different level. If they want to be represented here by the likes of Muler and Docker, so be it. They shouldn't be surprised by the lack of support they receive.

It's apparent I'm in Muler and Docker's head. Digging up posts I made years ago, even under my old screen name before I asked Jeff to change it.

Peace Homesick.

Right on cue... now comes the plea for some sympathy...

I suppose it's our fault that you have to put us on ignore because you can't take what you dish out.

Just like it's also our fault for digging up the posts that you are now ashamed of that you made years ago.

Just like a libtard... nothing is ever of their own doing and it's always someone else's fault.

EX, you are letting them get your goat. Let them have their say. They trap you with their foolish arguments and you end up arguing foolishly. It’s an easy trap to fall into; I know I have fallen into it a couple of times (my stupidity). Experience counts in life!

I bet that it would be easy... very easy... for you to fall into one of our foolish traps... lol

Peace Homesick.
Dream on on we laugh at your past crap just pushing it back in your face. And we Have you begging the abf Teamsters to let someone else speak on their behalf. We speak for ourselves and so do they. A Teamster hater by his own words begging for relief from Teamsters.

I hope abf gets rid of this begging hater.
Doesn’t deserve our money. And homesick siding with a anti Teamster and proud if it. And he was once a steward (he say!s)

You said it.

Peace Homesick.
You have lost it. I respond accordingly and you come on here begging Teamsters to let you pick someone to talk to you. I pick Docker.

You post that you are anti Teamsters but yet here you are. I hope you count better than you debate. All you do is cry.

Wow. Some common ground. On that we can agree.

Now, what about those that put in more than a fair day's work in their 8 hour shift? What about those who put in less than a fair day's work in their 8 hour shift?

The problem with that,....is exactly who is the person that gets to...quantify...who is doing a "good job"?

One man's hard work,..at the limits of his ability,........is another man's easy day, with time off for naps and doughnuts....

Which one should be rewarded?

Unions were created to take away management's ability to..."reward"...favored workers ,..and punish those to whom management designated as..."Lazy,...Troublemaker...Not Living Up To Potential.."

When management is the sole arbiter of,....who is working "hard",...and who isn't,.....then it is very, very easy for management to abuse that system, and play groups of workers off against themselves,......either for management's economic gain,...or for mere perverted pleasure.......Labor history is full of these abuses from the periods prior to organizing.....

When you set up a unilateral pay system,.....then management has lost the ability to economically "punish"...those who speak up,...by designating them as...."lazy"..

My question has always been.......Who hired the "lazy" person in the first place?

Unions can neither hire or fire,....only employers can do that. Unions must unilaterally ,....by law,.......represent every employee there,...regardless of company "designation".

Sometimes I think companies hire real..."doozies"....just because they know it will waste Union time and resources,...defending the indefensible......

By the way,.....I am one of those......"Libtards"....that you guys are disparaging. I am not insulted,...I am merely exasperated......

The problem with that,....is exactly who is the person that gets to...quantify...who is doing a "good job"?

One man's hard work,..at the limits of his ability,........is another man's easy day, with time off for naps and doughnuts....

Which one should be rewarded?

Unions were created to take away management's ability to..."reward"...favored workers ,..and punish those to whom management designated as..."Lazy,...Troublemaker...Not Living Up To Potential.."

When management is the sole arbiter of,....who is working "hard",...and who isn't,.....then it is very, very easy for management to abuse that system, and play groups of workers off against themselves,......either for management's economic gain,...or for mere perverted pleasure.......Labor history is full of these abuses from the periods prior to organizing.....

When you set up a unilateral pay system,.....then management has lost the ability to economically "punish"...those who speak up,...by designating them as...."lazy"..

My question has always been.......Who hired the "lazy" person in the first place?

Unions can neither hire or fire,....only employers can do that. Unions must unilaterally ,....by law,.......represent every employee there,...regardless of company "designation".

Sometimes I think companies hire real..."doozies"....just because they know it will waste Union time and resources,...defending the indefensible......

By the way,.....I am one of those......"Libtards"....that you guys are disparaging. I am not insulted,...I am merely exasperated......

I would respond that results are the sole arbiter in determining who is working hard and who is skating. I would say it is pretty obvious if you stop and look at it minus the rose colored glasses of ideology.

I know a lot of conservatives like to say that corporations are people too. That’s only partly right. They are made up of people yes, but they, like all businesses are there for two things. To provide a good/service and produce a profit. There are tenets of ethical business practices yes, and it’s a good idea, beneficial to the goal as well, to treat your employees fairly and with respect. However, there are no participation trophies in business. What I’ve never understood is how anyone can personally abide watching someone that you KNOW is ****ing off. I’m not talking about a seasoned veteran working steadily but maybe a little slower than the younger guy. And an aside to that, that’s where the seniority thing should work to the older worker’s advantage. Those gravy early volume runs are made for the seasoned veteran with whiskers. AND as much as some would protest, every nonunion carrier I have worked at have both maintained and honored seniority. BUT what absolutely chaps my ass is seeing a man play the system making it harder on everyone else. You scream business ethics, but what is ethical about the scenario I have described above?

I would respond that results are the sole arbiter in determining who is working hard and who is skating. I would say it is pretty obvious if you stop and look at it minus the rose colored glasses of ideology.

I know a lot of conservatives like to say that corporations are people too. That’s only partly right. They are made up of people yes, but they, like all businesses are there for two things. To provide a good/service and produce a profit. There are tenets of ethical business practices yes, and it’s a good idea, beneficial to the goal as well, to treat your employees fairly and with respect. However, there are no participation trophies in business. What I’ve never understood is how anyone can personally abide watching someone that you KNOW is :censored: off. I’m not talking about a seasoned veteran working steadily but maybe a little slower than the younger guy. And an aside to that, that’s where the seniority thing should work to the older worker’s advantage. Those gravy early volume runs are made for the seasoned veteran with whiskers. AND as much as some would protest, every nonunion carrier I have worked at have both maintained and honored seniority. BUT what absolutely chaps my ass is seeing a man play the system making it harder on everyone else. You scream business ethics, but what is ethical about the scenario I have described above?
This topic has been brought up numerous times & what I can honestly say is that if managment will let this continue union or non then shame on on the company....

This topic has been brought up numerous times & what I can honestly say is that if managment will let this continue union or non then shame on on the company....

I agree, but it happens all the time. It happens in nonunion companies too, not going to deny that, but the “protections” a union contract with no production expectations or machinery for discipline for dereliction of duty fosters this type of behavior. Human nature, it sucks, but not all of us are as ethical as we should be.