ABF | Start the Picketline

Sounds like I could’ve napped more working than I currently do in retirement! Maybe I should re-think this.....

Your Highly-Placed Female Supervisor related to you by Marriage,....has you under tight surveillance. I recommend a Hobby,..like fishing, which you can do while sound asleep,...(..the fish will cooperate..)..

Or,....buy an antique car to restore......The initial cost is kind of prohibitive,......but with the right kind of creeper,...you can spend hours napping underneath the car without being questioned overly....Many women have an abhorrence of garages..........

You're Welcome.....

Yeah,.....Somewhere out in the last row between two tall trailers............

I think we all know the type..........300 lb opinions voiced by 98 lb pipsqueak,........(..as long as he's anonymous..)...

Used to be a lot of these "Truckstop commandos" on the CB..........

....(......Just for my own edification,......just how do you...baptize a monkey? I mean,....you just never know, right?....)...

Canary, I really can't tell you much on baptizing monkeys, just feel like it's a lost cause, like educating Goober Lip,
wasted effort.

Canary, I really can't tell you much on baptizing monkeys, just feel like it's a lost cause, like educating Goober Lip,
wasted effort.

The internet brings up a few.....strange.....images for “Baptizing Monkeys”
I didn’t know there was a Gothic rock group by that name.......

Nor did I realize you needed a small swimming pool, duct tape, a snow shovel and a fifth of Jack Daniels to initiate the process of......baptizing monkeys......

There are no videos of anyone successfully baptizing any non-consenting primate........

But........there was a small news story of a 36 year old young man yelling “Gump! Gump!”......being chased by a pack of wet chimpanzees...........

If you end up making freight late (holding up a guaranteed shipment) without a reasonable explanation then yes, you should be held accountable for that too. But it’s not stealing time if you aren’t paid by the hour. For example, we have a terminal on the west side of Atlanta. I get sent through there all the time coming back to ATL with empties on my run. I lose money going over there because I’m paid by the mile, but the freight has to get moved.
I sleep from 10:00 pm until 11:30 am, the freight gets delivered, please Song take your time and explain that to me. Only delay is traffic, but I don’t notice cuz I’m asleep. Now I do wake up to drive home and go back to sleep. There’s a moral to this story. Who freaking cares. I’d rather have someone take a power nap to stay alert, than wind up in a ditch somewhere cuz someone fell asleep behind the wheel. Talk to your TM, better late than never getting there. OMG

Your Highly-Placed Female Supervisor related to you by Marriage,....has you under tight surveillance. I recommend a Hobby,..like fishing, which you can do while sound asleep,...(..the fish will cooperate..)..

Or,....buy an antique car to restore......The initial cost is kind of prohibitive,......but with the right kind of creeper,...you can spend hours napping underneath the car without being questioned overly....Many women have an abhorrence of garages..........

You're Welcome.....
Very sound advice, brother canary! I’m a ‘retirement neophyte’ but I am willing to learn!

The internet brings up a few.....strange.....images for “Baptizing Monkeys”
I didn’t know there was a Gothic rock group by that name.......

Nor did I realize you needed a small swimming pool, duct tape, a snow shovel and a fifth of Jack Daniels to initiate the process of......baptizing monkeys......

There are no videos of anyone successfully baptizing any non-consenting primate........

But........there was a small news story of a 36 year old young man yelling “Gump! Gump!”......being chased by a pack of wet chimpanzees...........

Now, you are teaching me, guess you don't get too old to learn.

Bull :::shit:::, you threw out there , now back it up or your just another liar, that thinks he can come on a union board and try and be a tough guy, go over to the XPO thread and hang out with the other two liars whip1 and highspeeds you'll fit right in. I didn't ask you for a time or place you threw it out there.

Ok so how about this, you show me proof that card padding doesn’t happen...

I'm
I understand that your retired but you don't really think that nonunion carriers, which is about all is left, would actually be circling around these so called strikers wanting to hire them do ya? I bout spilled my coffee laughing when you posted this.

I'm Union. I applied and my phone won't shut up. Drivers are drivers and unhappy drivers are being pursued. Everyone knows that if you walk away from a Union job, your not Union anymore because they let you down. Your just another person to work for them.

Truck drivers have one of the country's most hazardous jobs. In some states, driving an 80,000-pound vehicle can be even more risky. Here's where truck drivers are statistically most likely to get into a fatal accident. Of all fatalities on the road, only 2.4% nationwide are truck drivers, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. But in some states, that number is much higher. At 8.8%, North Dakota has the highest truck-driver fatality rate in the country. That's partially due to the state's oil boom. North Dakota is the worst state overall for workplace fatalities, and the majority of those deaths were "transportation incidents

STRIKE is OVER take the PICKET LINE DOWN.

Truck drivers have one of the country's most hazardous jobs. In some states, driving an 80,000-pound vehicle can be even more risky. Here's where truck drivers are statistically most likely to get into a fatal accident. Of all fatalities on the road, only 2.4% nationwide are truck drivers, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. But in some states, that number is much higher. At 8.8%, North Dakota has the highest truck-driver fatality rate in the country. That's partially due to the state's oil boom. North Dakota is the worst state overall for workplace fatalities, and the majority of those deaths were "transportation incidents

STRIKE is OVER take the PICKET LINE DOWN.
I read something recently that stated commercial truck drivers are more likely to be killed on the job than police. It listed how many commercial truck drivers died on the job v. the number of police officers who died on the job on 2013 or 2014. It then adjusted for the higher number of commercial drivers and we still had a higher mortality rate. And most of us are just doing our job and minding our own business while police officers are causing trouble by minding other people's business.

I read something recently that stated commercial truck drivers are more likely to be killed on the job than police. It listed how many commercial truck drivers died on the job v. the number of police officers who died on the job on 2013 or 2014. It then adjusted for the higher number of commercial drivers and we still had a higher mortality rate. And most of us are just doing our job and minding our own business while police officers are causing trouble by minding other people's business.

Way back in 1998, or so.......the Dept. of Labor, for the first time, started requiring the Bureau of Motor Carriers to provide statistics on Fatal Occupational Injuries in trucking.
Prior to that year, they had never done so......

The first year, they tried a pie chart as a visual aid,......but trucking, adjusted for demographics , was an embarrassingly large slice of the “pie”.

The next year they tried a bar graph......a little better, but easily seen that trucking was, by far, the most dangerous occupation.

So they lumped all truck drivers, dock workers, bus drivers , taxi drivers, stevedores, street sweepers into a broad category entitled “ Transportation Workers”..............adjusted for demographics, and finally were able to hide the extreme amount of occupational fatalities that occurred in trucking.

It’s just a little higher than all other industries, now........