ABF | Start the Picketline

Next 3 years $35.00, then $37.00 + more or we WALK OFF THE JOB And that's $35.00 a hour

Last edited:
$25.oo hour is 2012 pay And we need 10 SICK DAYS FOR THIS IS 2018 at $35.00 a hour.and more+++

Start the Picketline

Okay, but what are you currently making? You took the 7% pay cut and have had raises, so I'm just wondering where you guys are.

Right around that. I retired in June and the rate was 24 and some change. There was a pay raise in July so I suppose 25 is about right.

And......he is Right about 35 an hour. There are non-Union carriers starting guys off the street at 24 an hour. I believe UPS Freight is almost 29, if not 30 , by now.

Negotiate high and.....maybe drop back to 30 an hour. Who are they going to hire for replacements?

Right around that. I retired in June and the rate was 24 and some change. There was a pay raise in July so I suppose 25 is about right.

And......he is Right about 35 an hour. There are non-Union carriers starting guys off the street at 24 an hour. I believe UPS Freight is almost 29, if not 30 , by now.

Negotiate high and.....maybe drop back to 30 an hour. Who are they going to hire for replacements?
You actually think you could get $35.00hr ? That’s the funniest thing I’ve read on here in awhile.

At the end of the day, here is the thing about trucking in general. We are all heavy equipment operators who were bamboozled into thinking we were poorly educated wastes of space who had no other option than to sit on our asses and hold a steering wheel.

No other heavy equipment operator comes into contact with the public even a middling fraction of the amount we do. Everytime I see a stupid decision on one of those Trucking fail videos, I just think to myself... If only we paid to have a better driver behind that wheel.

Trucking was not always poorly educated wastes of space. But now, with the pay rate, benefits and culture? It became a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Way to go. You pleased your shareholders, and you cause thousands of accidents every year. Make sure you rinse that blood off with some Chanel. I hear it smells really nice.

So fundamentally, I agree with you. But you are also talking about a $10 per hour raise in the next three years.

As Warren Buffett said, it all starts with a snowball rolling downhill. Just concentrate on getting a good contract, and see where it leads in time.

So fundamentally, I agree with you. But you are also talking about a $10 per hour raise in the next three years.

As Warren Buffett said, it all starts with a snowball rolling downhill. Just concentrate on getting a good contract, and see where it leads in time.
It’s unrealistic. They would be lucky to get $1.50hr. each year. There operation ratio couldn’t sustain anymore.