FedEx Freight | start times??????

E

elfman69

I have a start time but the ccm still calls me at home 2-3 days a week to have me come in 2 hours late!!!!!!
my questions is what good is the start time if I am basicly on call still!?
:Rulz:
are there any rules on this? can the ccm call me off all the time like that?
our ccm is not good at all at his job!!! he has top 3 or 4 drivers work 2-3 hours over time every day and the bottom 3-4 drivers are trying to pay bills on a 30 - 35 hours!!!

I understand but I don't want to monitor my calls and if I don't answer the home phone then he calls the cell and I don't pay for a cell phone to have it turned off.
I am still confused on the issue.
is there no coarse of action on my part.
like when there is a need to cover the road bids the ccm has to start at the top of city board and ask for volunteers, if you are not asked and he go's to the bottom, I can fill out a forum and get paid for the missed opportunity.

Not 100% sure of this but....I believe that if you have a bid run with a set start time and your hooks are not ready and there is productive work available ( if your hooks are not ready then I assume there's dock work available??) Then I believe you can punch to the dock and work the dock until your hooks are ready. This is how it works at our center but I'm not sure who you would verify this with. Good Luck.

Daredevil said:
Not 100% sure of this but....I believe that if you have a bid run with a set start time and your hooks are not ready and there is productive work available ( if your hooks are not ready then I assume there's dock work available??) Then I believe you can punch to the dock and work the dock until your hooks are ready. This is how it works at our center but I'm not sure who you would verify this with. Good Luck.

i am aware of this..... thank you
:wounded1: but i am a city driver with 2 1/2 years now.

elfman69 said:
like when there is a need to cover the road bids the ccm has to start at the top of city board and ask for volunteers, if you are not asked and he go's to the bottom, I can fill out a forum and get paid for the missed opportunity.

This is interesting. Our bottom city driver has always been "stuck" with covering a road bid when needed. I did'nt realize that they were supposed to ask from the top.

elfman69 said:
he has top 3 or 4 drivers work 2-3 hours over time every day and the bottom 3-4 drivers are trying to pay bills on a 30 - 35 hours!!!

This seems pretty typical, this company hates paying overtime. The only exception to this that I know of is when a center is just so short staffed on city drivers and they can't beg or borrow enough drivers from other nearby centers to accomadate the demand. As a rule though this company seems to overhire to insure coverage. They are not quite as concerned with our bills as they are with maintaining their profit margin.

elfman69 said:
I understand but I don't want to monitor my calls and if I don't answer the home phone then he calls the cell and I don't pay for a cell phone to have it turned off.

Easy way to solve this. Simply get your number changed, and block it. They can't get your number and bother you then.

elf i know its a pain but just check your caller id. whats better not checking answering and lose 2 hours or checking and still come in a scheduled time.if the scm gives you a hard time tell something like i was in church or a hospital or anywhere you can't have your phone on.when the forcast calls for snow i never answer the phone because i know what they are calling for and i don't feel a bit guilty for doing so.:USA:

Do not give your ccm your personal cell phone number. You don't have to give that number to him i see you already have we have some drivers that did the same. They had to call hr to get him to quit calling their cell phones. As far as him backing your start time up there is nothing you can do unless he lets a less senior driver come in ahead of you then you call your hr person.

Moparman said:
Call your union rep!That's right i forgot,you don't have one damm!
please excusse me smoke but it has to be said.

fxfe is a better class of driver and thats why these boards are here. we support each other
without a union, so please respect us and go bother someone else, i thought i was asking fellow fxfe drivers with more time for there insight, i say this with the respect. i am not trying to be mean or a smart ***.

like my father has always told me" if you don't have anything good to say the shut the f*** up!" thank you for your opion thought.
:USA: :22: :ontopic: :chairshot:

Moparman said:
Call your union rep!That's right i forgot,you don't have one damm!
Yeah and on Saturday when the (rep) and the Center Manager are playing golf and drinking beer together, they decide that if the Center Manager can fire the driver, then the (rep) will look the other way because the manager did a favor last month for the (rep) and he owes him one.

And if ever, drivers with (reps) think they are promoting their organization by being smart , they lose. And lose, and lose, and lose. You do yourselves a great injustice every time you make those comments.

start times @ fdx west bids are 1 hr before bid time and 1 hour after. A 0700 bid can start no earlier than 0600 and no later than 0800. Unassigned bids are up to dispatch.

well, the protest is on ccm just called and left a message. i didn't answer and i turn the cell off.
my start time is 9:30 today and he called at 8:30 hell i am already dressed and ready to go, i guess i have to call hr at go and see what company policy is.

oh, today is wensday and this is the 3rd time this week!!

and the sales person say's we are up 30 bills a day from last year and $3,000 a day. damn last year i was still on call and was working 50 hours !!!!!! with less bills!!!! :busted_blue: :ranting2: :nono: :eck13: