Yellow | start times

Credits
how do your city p/d start times work at your terminal? Here they begin at 11:30 pm and go thru 12:30 am with a 11:00 start time on mondays and tuesdays. I am unfortunatly at the bottom of the bid so I got stuck with 11:00-12:30 yuck. we are working thru 9:00 to around 10:30 at night depending how much freight there is outbound.

:USA:

At 671 P&d

Here at 671 the city drivers have start times to a designated area. The Company can have only 2 different start times in the week. ( like mon,tue,fri, 8am and wed,thur, 9am) Unless you are what is called unassigned. Which that is when you leave work on any given day you check and see what time you come back the next working day. (you can be called in earlier if they need you. Also you can refuse the call and hold to you start time if you want to.) It can be anytime at all nothing has to match as to the start times. And your days off can be split up to whatever they need. If you are on a bid time your days off must be consecutive.

Sorry for the delay in answering you. Sometimes I stay in the "new post" or "Todays Post" area of the board and forget to come in the Roadway forum....

Here at 434 the earliest start time for p&d is 06:00 and the latest is 19:00.The p&d bids that over lap the weekend start 1hr. later.Like Toxic,we have unassigned bids that start at diffrent times.

We just re-bid here at Indy we have 62 driver bids.
2 midnight
2 0400
4 0530
13 0700
18 0800
8 1000
7 1200
4 1400
3 1600
of the 62, 28 are bid runs rest are misc
The bad thing is we don't have enough trucks for all drivers. Last week some drivers had to hit the dock till a truck came in. Switchers waiting for LH units to come in just to hook outbound loads.
I know we missed service on some time critical because of this

Docksteward said:
671 (Winston) has plenty of tractors, right now. Be nice to have some trailers, though!! DS.

Always been a problem in the company. One terminal has all the tractors no jiffs. The others no trailers and tractors.

I bet it is a hard job though... Keeping Roadway equipment placement correct in the USA...But it is also not like they (Roadway) went into business yesterday also...

D.S. I must say it is nice to come to work and there is Tractors and JiffLok's available.....

Docksteward said:
671 (Winston) has plenty of tractors, right now. Be nice to have some trailers, though!! DS.

We have so many trailers that Yellow ferries them to St. Louis. The scenario is Yellow (Maybrook) drivers come to 187 to grab our empties. They load our trailers with Yellow freight for St. Louis. Then the empties go to the St. Louis Roadway terminal and the Yellow driver bobtails home.

Still don't know why our guys can't ferry the trailers????? I guess it's utilizing the assets of YRCW. Load Yellow freight in our boxes instead of pulling all those empty miles.