XPO | Starting at XPO next week. Any tips?

Tell us how you really feel.
It's sad I can remember how positive these forums were towards the company back in the day. Outsiders use to think we were in a cult we were so loyal. I feel bad not being able to give this young fella something positive towards working here. I hope for his sake and other young prospects and for the company itself that it takes head to these post and changes it current course. Good companies are built on the backs of dedicated loyal employees .I think a good part of upper management knows this but their so busy chasing that 80 % o/r that their not seeing the big picture.
Thanks for this post. Well said!

Yes, to the company. Flexibility! We hear the same crap! The three Con-ways, CCX, CSE and CWX wanted to be premier carriers. In my opinion they achieved that goal. Con-way Inc. pissed most of that away and XPO has pissed away anything left plus any future gains. Go somewhere else.
I agree they did achieve that but they jumped the shark along the way.

Thanks for this post. Well said!
I know there are some here who think I'm the anti Christ for being a union supporter and I'm not saying this to turn the topic to that subject but we battled with the company for years to try to get them to go in the right direction . I'm not the big pro union or nothing guy but we felt it unfortunately was are only and last resort to try to keep what we had and make it a viable option for employment for new employees. I know there will be critics of what I say here but it's a fact.

I know there are some here who think I'm the anti Christ for being a union supporter and I'm not saying this to turn the topic to that subject but we battled with the company for years to try to get them to go in the right direction . I'm not the big pro union or nothing guy but we felt it unfortunately was are only and last resort to try to keep what we had and make it a viable option for employment for new employees. I know there will be critics of what I say here but it's a fact.
Should my SIC vote tomorrow, I'd go for it and vote yea! I do not like our direction under XPO.

So I watched some entertaining train videos from the 70's and 80's on Monday. Did some more video yesterday and did 4 hours on the road with a P&D driver yesterday and about 9 hours on the road with a different P&D driver today. Originally they were going to start me on line haul but I guess they are really short on drivers and they might put me on P&D right away.

You mean the guy that got rich charging people to tell them that they are broke?
If you want to look at it that way. So he build a company on help people get out of debt. I know there are guys at my barn that need his advice, you know the ones that need 60hrs a week. They live like a Rockefeller, but are into debt up to there eyeballs.

I always started my log the minute I got to work. That way I could tell the FOS to suck it when he tried holding me on the dock all night long.
I have a dispatch time so the one day I was late and got talked. So from then on I punch and log in 20mins before my dispatch time and go pretrip the truck and get my dolly then sit and wait for my loads. Pay code 131- misc

So I watched some entertaining train videos from the 70's and 80's on Monday. Did some more video yesterday and did 4 hours on the road with a P&D driver yesterday and about 9 hours on the road with a different P&D driver today. Originally they were going to start me on line haul but I guess they are really short on drivers and they might put me on P&D right away.
Did you see then union video yet. The one that list all the closed companies and the teamster standing outside our barns when they strike in the 90s calling us scabs

I start my log right away and fuel for night linehaul. If my loads aren't ready, I punch the clock and help get my stuff loaded so I can get out of there, no waiting off the clock unless it's my choice. If the fos was to tell me I can't work the dock, I'd say, "ok, call me when they are ready and I'll be back, maybe.. More drivers are working the outbound because they are tired of sitting off the clock.
I always started my log the minute I got to work. That way I could tell the FOS to suck it when he tried holding me on the dock all night long.

It's sad I can remember how positive these forums were towards the company back in the day. Outsiders use to think we were in a cult we were so loyal. I feel bad not being able to give this young fella something positive towards working here. I hope for his sake and other young prospects and for the company itself that it takes head to these post and changes it current course. Good companies are built on the backs of dedicated loyal employees .I think a good part of upper management knows this but their so busy chasing that 80 % o/r that their not seeing the big picture.

You are confused. Upper management feels good companies are built on sound business fundamentals and excellent executive decisions. Employees have no bearing on the future of the company and are it's biggest cost. Employees cause all the problems that undermine upper managements success. We are what's holding them back from being even more profitable. That is absolutely how they see it.

What fact ? Everything you say in this quote is opinion. Yet you attempt to validate or justify what you say by proclaiming it fact ? Do you not see why people don't trust you ?

Personally I don't think you are the anti Christ for a union stance. I think that you are a deceiver. That you are fake. That you are not who or what you claim to be. It starts with your name. And carries through in your posts. Your intentions are suspect. You spend to much time trying to convince others to think this or that. Instead of saying what you think and why. Your a contortionist. A manipulator. I am not the only one that sees it.

Last edited:
Should my SIC vote tomorrow, I'd go for it and vote yea! I do not like our direction under XPO.

This is starting to be the prevailing opinion. A lot of guys are openly hoping the gates get pulled closed. Get some unemployment. Take some time off. Then finally put this behind me and move on with my life. I have heard that a lot. And many of them believe that a union vote would expedite that very situation. After all, they ran CF into the ground for no other reason than that they were union. So, frak it. Let's go union so that they close us too. This crowd is building a lot of steam. They have sound logic and don't care if you are in agreement or not. So there isn't any of that pushiness or desperation.

It's very very awkward times. A whole lot of just don't give a frak from people who would have moved heaven and earth to keep this job a few years ago.

P&D experience is even better than line haul experience. Any one can drive straight ahead on the freeway. Just get through this winter. Do what ever it takes. Come late March into early April you won't regret it.

You are confused. Upper management feels good companies are built on sound business fundamentals and excellent executive decisions. Employees have no bearing on the future of the company and are it's biggest cost. Employees cause all the problems that undermine upper managements success. We are what's holding them back from being even more profitable. That is absolutely how they see it.
Well I don't see any upper management driving forklift or truck do you

So in your eyes what was the right direction the company should have gone???? We like to know

My father told me one thing "The one paying the bills makes the rules and if you don't like the rules then start paying the bills yourself"
The same goes here until you buy this or start your own company you will have very little say in any decision made here.

Last edited: