Estes | Starting Estes as a HUB Driver

rob0126

TB Lurker
Credits
Well, to keep from peppering other posts, I'll start this thread about starting with estes as a hub driver monday.

I'll post from time to time here.

Any pointers or suggestions would be appreciated: I have done night shuttle with another company, but no dock work.

Robert

I'm sure you know as a hub driver you will take a load to a terminal and work the dock a specific amount of time and probably return to your terminal. The dock work is not the end of the world but at times it will get old most of it depends on the kind of freight you haul there and back. My advise would be get some of the drivers that have been doing that for a while and if you are just starting they will put you with someone to show you how and what they want you to do. Just use some common sense and do what is ask of you and you should be fine. Good luck to you.

There's little tricks of the trade hub drivers do to earn a few extra bucks. You'll figure it out once you've been at it a while.

Also benefits start the 1st. of the month after 60 days of employment. And there pretty good too imho.

Make sure you took a job that you will actually Work the Dock, we have Hub guys that never touch the dock and only get 3 to 400 hundred on the run they have, they love to say Dock work when you might not see any at all..

Make sure you took a job that you will actually Work the Dock, we have Hub guys that never touch the dock and only get 3 to 400 hundred on the run they have, they love to say Dock work when you might not see any at all..

Oh no, Its dock work. Just got home from nashville terminal.

All I can say is, wow. Lots of paperwork and numbers to remember.
The forklift work is actually decent.

Lots of stuff going thru my head, lots to remember.

so far so good. justing getting the paperwork down.

those new kw's ride like cadillacs.

Cant say so much for the 01 int'l s lol.

My first night by my self. It was pretty good.

They took it easy on me with 1 pup to unload.

I am the goto guy for shuttling trucks that need repair to nashville.
Glade to be of some help to the day and linehaul drivers.

so far so good. justing getting the paperwork down.

those new kw's ride like cadillacs.

Cant say so much for the 01 int'l s lol.

I just used one for my ride this past round. I must say it was a very nice ride. I want one for me now. Got over 7 mpg through the hills of pa. too.

I went from Memphis to Jackson MS and back in one one night. Carried a loaded set down and a 12,000 pound van back. Averaged 8.6 mpg. For real.

I just used one for my ride this past round. I must say it was a very nice ride. I want one for me now. Got over 7 mpg through the hills of pa. too.

Pretty good. We noticed it got good fuel mileage down to nashville.

Well, that ends my week. Not too bad. Next week, it's all me, so time to get a routine down for the paperwork.

Not a bad night. I have found that a good b12 spray helps keep you awake and energized, along with a good multi vitamin(garden of life brand).

Slowly but surely learning the routine for pulling stuff off a trailer, and onto another. Some of those other hub drivers do it pretty quick.

Not a bad night. I have found that a good b12 spray helps keep you awake and energized, along with a good multi vitamin(garden of life brand).

Slowly but surely learning the routine for pulling stuff off a trailer, and onto another. Some of those other hub drivers do it pretty quick.

I'd be willing to bet, you already know how to load a trailer better than I can. This company saved lots of money over the years by keeping me off the dock.

Working on my 3rd week now. Fast paced work. Having to pickup a lot of the details by observation and asking many questions to the dock managers.

Good pay and you work for it.

I'm starting to understand the time deadlines now. It seems at Estes, you have to be a fast learner.

I'm semi fast, so it's taking me some more time.

It take somes time, I had know idea what I was doing on a forklift at first, pretty much had to learn on my own, and got used to it after a couple of months, it just take a gettin used to how things go.

Update: Our Terminal(063) lot just got grated! :)

I still might be taking a memphis run, if the guy doing it now wants to switch. I think he would be better suited for the NAS run than I am.

It take somes time, I had know idea what I was doing on a forklift at first, pretty much had to learn on my own, and got used to it after a couple of months, it just take a gettin used to how things go.

Don't think I'll ever learn how to operate one of those monsters. They scare me.

I miss getting on one sometimes, not in the winter so much. But as a Linehaul guy they will not let you on the dock, even though you know what you are doing,