Starting it up

MikeJ

TB Veteran
Credits
So I called the beer company and told them I was ready to go, will see what they say. If for what ever reason they decide to bail because I did kind of apply prematurely there are a few other places that I will go. I have a list of a couple food companies as well as some other beer companies and one limousine company. Really Dairymens, Northern Hasserot (I keep trying to get into NHB with no luck), Ohio Farmers Food Service, maybe Hillcrest Food Serivce maybe, Sirna and Son's Produce and maybe some of the beer companies would all be fine, Smith Dairy would be cool to especially if they let me drive one of there cool Peterbuilt 10 wheelers.

The beer companies around here pay $16.00 an hour to drivers when you start off and then it goes up. However I bet you get fairly good hours at the beer companies we have a lot of heavy drinkers up here in Cleveland and in the summer time the bars and restaurants get busy same with the country clubs. I deliver to, two country clubs right now for the liquor agencies and they both get slow in the winter, but in the summer and spring they get slammed and have huge orders.

All in all I bet the beer company will call (maybe) it's summer there going to be busy people will call off and all that jazz. I went to truck driving school today to tie up some lose ends real minor stuff and I talked to the head instructor and he said to me "Go to the beer company, you can always work over the road, if the beer company wants you go there and they will get you to where you need to be, people are always calling off at the beer company they will use you."

Like I said I'll give them a couple of days to get back to me and if I don't hear anything I'll go else where.

I did just apply for 2 other jobs one at Lipari Foods and one at a real top shelf bus company here in Cleveland either would be fine.

Actually one of the beer companies had a nice shuttle job going from Cleveland to Youngstown driving a straight truck problem is the job originates out of and runs back to Youngstown and it's not worth moving to Youngstown over. I also applied to work at Mains Food and Paper will see what they say, Mains might be interested (maybe) they say they want experience and for good reason, but they also have there own driver training and there own truck driving school that I guess is a really nice school so that leads me to believe that they break in some brand new people like me to, so will see.

Last edited by a moderator: