Central Transport | Starting over at the bottom

Train if you received the same letter i did it stated no vitran drivers will get a decrease in base salary. One of our linehaul drivers meet up with a Columbus driver every night and he told him that all Columbus drivers have to reapply before Jan.first. the ones they decide to keep will start out as new hires. I certainly hope this is not the case for my terminal or others. The driver that told me this is not known for speading rumors an truly believe what he said
You could start as a new hire and still keep your same pay. You would probably lose your vacation among other things, but they could pay you the same. Hell, they can do whatever they want. Dean said we would not take a pay decrease so until that happens it's pointless to speculate....I will take him at his word. Remember he said nothing about other benefits. He said no pay decrease. And that is the point I'm trying to make.

i wonder if c.t. employees are two weeks behind in pay? vitran legacy drivers are one week behind, pjax drivers are two weeks behind along with anybody hired after the merger. it would be nice to be paid the balance of vitran pay before filling out applications for c.t.

larmars disclaimer seems right.....Don't follow me if you're feelings are easily offended....I won't go there.

Let me say this larmar you can hang with the best of them....I'm proud to call you my son. I know I'm off topic and will not clutter Vitrans forum with this sort of post again. Just for the record larmar. I love Dave Ramsey for his financial advice...Nothing more. Peace.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can say from working at PIT that anyone that is still left at that place now in MNG (they are averaging about one VP to Upper MNG personnel being fired daily,) will NEVER disclose anything that maybe pertinent to your employment future. The amount of lying and deceitful management practices that take place there is downright immoral, barely keeping their heads above the surface of illegality. The buyout is the best thing that could of happened, just too bad that the workers that have been staying, the ones " loyal" to the PJAX legacy are the ones that will be suffering in the end.

Spoke with my manager this morning he said that he was told that drivers and dock would be dovetailed in. Said we probably would have to fill out centrals paper work. Also said he is not sure whether he will keep his job or not. Supposedly going to have a meeting with drivers sometime next week

Dean Kuska stated that....and I might add in bold type......MOST IMPORTANTLY, WE WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT IN NO INSTANCE WILL YOUR BASE HOURLY OR MILEAGE RATE GO DOWN......Ok, who on here is going to call Dean Kuska a bold face liar? Come on, spit it out and lets get it on record. To me that is not starting over at the bottom. I make 21.25 in Dallas and if that stays the same then its not starting over at the bottom. Why is it that so many on here want to borrow trouble? DRAMA..DRAMA..DRAMA.. We may lose some things, but not everything....And ineedAnger If you are making 16.50 you will most certainly get a bump to at least 18.50.....I'm not sure I will stay however this plays out because I'm debt free and the kids are grown and not bleeding me dry. This is not the end of the world.....It will keep spinning around despite you appearing you want it to end.....Relax and take a deep breath. As larmar most elegantly stated...."This too shall pass." And BTW larmar quit stirring the pot on the Union forum....Geeeezzz!!!

so you work with JH as the manager hows tat going lol

I can say from working at PIT that anyone that is still left at that place now in MNG (they are averaging about one VP to Upper MNG personnel being fired daily,) will NEVER disclose anything that maybe pertinent to your employment future. The amount of lying and deceitful management practices that take place there is downright immoral, barely keeping their heads above the surface of illegality. The buyout is the best thing that could of happened, just too bad that the workers that have been staying, the ones " loyal" to the PJAX legacy are the ones that will be suffering in the end.

PJAX ended long ago and only if the drivers would have realized this and came together , along with management. This actually may have came about so yes it is the best thing that Manny bought this company and is willing to make all employees he can Central Transport employee. Other wise whatever name it was is going to be just trucks for sale.

thankyou manny for paying me the same to drive your truck as i would make driving a forklift at a reputable ltl company, please pass the bread and water. lol.

Spoke with my manager this morning he said that he was told that drivers and dock would be dovetailed in. Said we probably would have to fill out centrals paper work. Also said he is not sure whether he will keep his job or not. Supposedly going to have a meeting with drivers sometime next week
These managers need to get their stories straight. To dovetail or not to dovetail........Who the hell knows?

there is a movie about a wooden puppet who's nose grow's when he lie's maybe that is what we should call the company. we are lame ducks and until they choose they can tell you and blow all the smoke up your well you know what i mean. for as long as they like. we just came out of pure b.s. and have all forgotten this in less than a month question with boldness and let there action speak for themselves. your anwsers to your questions lie there. not in what they say actions speak for themselves. and so far nobody has gained my trust.

would you upset the majority of your drivers by dovetailing a handful of drivers into the company?
If this place ultimately dovetails seniority I will so enjoy saying I told you so. Just like when I started a thread about the sale of this company and everyone jumped down my throat in PM's about this company had no value. Can any of you nay sayers now admit I was right. I could go on and on about things I predicted that have come true....Been right way more than I have been wrong....Who would have thought CT would have bought this place just 6 months ago?

you also said vitran would keep this place open through 2014......when i said it would be done before the end of 2013. i hope they dovetail because i will be close to the top of their list as well.