Averitt | Static with XM in new Volvo's

Iceman

Company Man
Credits
Hey guys, if you are experiencing static or a "whine" through the stereo when using your XM through the aux. jack, here is the fix. Go into the menu on the stereo, scroll down to "advanced options", the " ASC" should appear, click OK and turn it off, static will disappear !

All I know is my 2013 and my 2014 has the option, kind of hard to find but it was there in the menu options on the factory FM CD Stereo.

Hey CM, Is the aux plug part of the radio in the Volvo's or is it a separate from the radio plug in?

Also fellers, when CM mentions XM he also means ANY input device be it phone, iPod, Sirius, or whatever. Just as an added piece of info.

A ground strap from the 5th wheel to the frame will also help.. Our mechanic will do it if you supply the cable.. 10 bucks at Harbor Freight..

Loon, our new Volvo's have ASC, automatic sound control, that auto adjusts the volume when the truck gets louder and quieter, and it is turned on form the factory and it seems to mess up the audio when the XM is used, so we simply turn that option off.

Loon, our new Volvo's have ASC, automatic sound control, that auto adjusts the volume when the truck gets louder and quieter, and it is turned on form the factory and it seems to mess up the audio when the XM is used, so we simply turn that option off.

10-4... The ones we had weren't so fancy.. Had to just trouble shoot until you found what would work..LOL

I have 2 cars that have that ASC feature and I have turned it off in both.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk