XPO | Stealing Time

That is what I thought .. but they want you to give an hour first. From what I have understood that if you are called in to be at the SC at a specific time they have an hour to get loads ready for you to move or they are suppose to start paying you or offer you work after that one hour. That is why I remarked about the sealing time goes both ways...

Yes they make you give the first hour. My point is logging it as 'on duty not driving' which I guarantee you is not being enforced by the company as it doesn't serve its best interest. I have seen this violated for years (I have done it myself.) to save hours. Its illegal and wrong. If you are told to report at a specific time then you are about the company's business and therefore required to log it.

I would love to see a company response to this....

Rat:loser:

Yes they make you give the first hour. My point is logging it as 'on duty not driving' which I guarantee you is not being enforced by the company as it doesn't serve its best interest. I have seen this violated for years (I have done it myself.) to save hours. Its illegal and wrong. If you are told to report at a specific time then you are about the company's business and therefore required to log it.

I would love to see a company response to this....

Rat:loser:

Not very likely. The company response that is.....

:knockout:

That is what I thought .. but they want you to give an hour first. From what I have understood that if you are called in to be at the SC at a specific time they have an hour to get loads ready for you to move or they are suppose to start paying you or offer you work after that one hour. That is why I remarked about the sealing time goes both ways...

LOL :butt kiss:

Not very likely. The company response that is.....

:knockout:

And.......it would probably depend upon, exactly who was responding......Safety would say one thing, ops would say another, etc. etc......I log it......put it on my 265 as "origin wait time" and the times.........then leave the pay claimed column blank..............they don't have work for me, don't want to pay the wait time, fine.......but I for one am covering my a**..............

:nutkick:

Beside that, it seems to me (and I ain't all that bright), that management is on a mission, to get rid of whoever they can, whenever they can, as often as they can........and they don't really care who you are, how long you have been here, or what your level of contribution is.

:hide: