Yellow | Steward fired at 211 ( AKRON )

kidharvick

TB Lurker
Credits
Yesterday our TM fired on of our stewards who he says was encouraging a work slow down and talking of a possible strike. This guy just tried to ram a 30 min lunch and two 10 min breaks down our throat effective this past Sunday and when everything was put on hold he got PISSED. he has been trying to get rid of the straight 8's since he came here earlier in the year. This guy lies so bad I don't think his family believes anything he says. He kept telling us something has changed since the agreement was voted on and he was TOLD to enforce the 30 min mandatory lunch break. He hates our local work rules and will do anything he can to get rid of ALL them. Stand firm local 24 and get ready for a battle, the gloves are OFFFFFFFF!

Yesterday our TM fired on of our stewards who he says was encouraging a work slow down and talking of a possible strike. This guy just tried to ram a 30 min lunch and two 10 min breaks down our throat effective this past Sunday and when everything was put on hold he got PISSED. he has been trying to get rid of the straight 8's since he came here earlier in the year. This guy lies so bad I don't think his family believes anything he says. He kept telling us something has changed since the agreement was voted on and he was TOLD to enforce the 30 min mandatory lunch break. He hates our local work rules and will do anything he can to get rid of ALL them. Stand firm local 24 and get ready for a battle, the gloves are OFFFFFFFF!

If the steward was really stupid enough to threaten a TM with a strike or a slowdown

he____________________________is_________________________history

reminds me of the time I was getting fired for a haz spill in my trailer noticed after I punched out..the TM walked in on a driver meeting next morning..pointed his finger at me..said 'you're gonna need more than a BA when I get thru with you'. I had no idea what he was talking about. Long story short..he accused..I had to prove my own defense..or I would have been history_
images
images

so what I had a few letters in my file :nono_h4h:

and everyone wondrs why only nonunions make money. itll be a miracle if YRC doesnt shut down if for no other reason than there are too many lazy troublemakers who would rather whine and work as little as possible.

Yep, You are so right teamguy, Now why dont you go back to your own thread and do as you are told. God forbid a worker/workers stand up for their rights. Then again that obviously that is something you know NOTHING about.

Yep, You are so right teamguy, Now why dont you go back to your own thread and do as you are told. God forbid a worker/workers stand up for their rights. Then again that obviously that is something you know NOTHING about.

Supporting a loser who wants a slow down when the compnay is hurting is stupid,pal. You can worship these bums all you want, the turth is, guys like that should be axed pronto, ansd he can take the rest of the whiners and sloths with him. I hate working with guys like you, watch the clock all day and do as little a spossoble from break to break-for Gods sake try to at like you have a pair.

Supporting a loser who wants a slow down when the compnay is hurting is stupid,pal. You can worship these bums all you want, the turth is, guys like that should be axed pronto, ansd he can take the rest of the whiners and sloths with him. I hate working with guys like you, watch the clock all day and do as little a spossoble from break to break-for Gods sake try to at like you have a pair.
This guy writes with a lisp.

Like I said before, it's what he is accused of, NOT what he did. I don't know of any steward who would encourage this, no one knows what you can and can not do better than a Steward. Know the facts before you post teamguy!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
All I know is that there is a work slow down at 211. We have guys waiting 3-4 hours for hooks and they cant make their runs or deliver time freight. I am on the extra board at 211 and have waited 48 hours to get out because they cant get the foreign guys hooked so they don't call us and let freight stack up. I have lost major income over the yard at 211 playing games. Sometimes we don't even get 3-4 in per week. The guys doing the slow down lose NOTHING. The check is the same for them. The road guys have to jump through hoops to get there runs done(14 hr rule)(if they are called) and they lose time off at home if on bids. It is hard to have any sympathy for the 211 yard as they really don't care about anyone except themselves. Crying about breaks when they are on break most the night... I guess when the company has enough they will move the operation to Toledo and this will be part of the reasoning behind it. Wonder if the yard men will be slowing down at home without a job? Before you say non-union guy or insult me these are the facts......

we will see how he feels about it once you lose that road bid and get stuck in the yard after all the changes and cuts come your way.

Last edited by a moderator:
You cant even be serious. We all had work rule changes and have had to bite the bullet. You want me to feel bad for the yard guys for not being able to come in work 8 hours and go home...I don't get to come to work and work 8 and go home. I sometimes have to sit for 3 hours in linehaul to get hooked then go to the shop due to the shotty hook and put my own placards on and still drive 500+ miles. Boo hoo!!!!! This is after sitting 46 hours on call waiting because the yard inst working right playing games..Wake up and smell the coffee. You guys in the yard couldn't do a road man job with your attitude. Your attitude and what you are doing to 211 will expedite the Toledo move mark my words. I guarantee you if I worked the yard I could handle the forced lunch and breaks for gods sake!! Work some 14 hour days with minimal sleep and then cry to me how bad you have it.

you picked this line of work and probably voted for everything yrc wanted now live with it and stop whinning about it. seems its a lot of yes guys who are most surprised that the screws are being tighten around them

you picked this line of work and probably voted for everything yrc wanted now live with it and stop whinning about it. seems its a lot of yes guys who are most surprised that the screws are being tighten around them

If you are referring to me, I voted yes on the first one! I campaigned and voted no on the last two. I also screwed up and voted for Hoffa the first time.....

micheal jordan got paid more cause he was the best athlete.......as teamsters we set the pay, bennies standard but most our guys in the yard and dock, city, mechanics cant make it in the amatuer league for performance when theY should out shine our compatioRs moves per hour and you wonder why we cant make money and U high school coachs runnIng the GAME so i agree with u tom3901 so right fair days work fair days pay they all foget about that....... have some pride do ur job for 8 hoursmake more moves per hour then are competiors

You cant even be serious. We all had work rule changes and have had to bite the bullet. You want me to feel bad for the yard guys for not being able to come in work 8 hours and go home...I don't get to come to work and work 8 and go home. I sometimes have to sit for 3 hours in linehaul to get hooked then go to the shop due to the shotty hook and put my own placards on and still drive 500+ miles. Boo hoo!!!!! This is after sitting 46 hours on call waiting because the yard inst working right playing games..Wake up and smell the coffee. You guys in the yard couldn't do a road man job with your attitude. Your attitude and what you are doing to 211 will expedite the Toledo move mark my words. I guarantee you if I worked the yard I could handle the forced lunch and breaks for gods sake!! Work some 14 hour days with minimal sleep and then cry to me how bad you have it.

and tell me again, what is so hard about a road man's job?