Yellow | Steward fired at 211 ( AKRON )

theres the key element, you were in the OFFICE, and you didnt hear correctly because you were distracted. there was no such random test, i can assure you as i am also an alternate stewrd. They can only test dock guys on probable cause.period. as far as going to sleep in a truck, i wouldnt do that as they are infested with germs . Maybe you were in a different room where there were some random appendages hanging out.. see you in the morning, driver.

i rest my case... another manager lover.......
Jay C wrote that I did not. Check with the secretaries that do the randoms. Dock guys were getting them last week. I am perhaps wrong but I think this is a new Copley thing. I was not DISTRACTED I was renewing my permits and distinctly heard that the randoms for the dock guys were occupying there time in there. I wish they would drug test all in our place. Including all management!!! You sound like you need one also brother! Quit taking those mushrooms and thinking too much. You will hurt the remaining brain cells you have left...

TOM3901

you think things are being done roadways way? lets see the terminal manager and most of his clones are from yellow.his struggle to turn 211 into yellow is the root to all the problems.since the frieght moved back to copley claims have been cut in half. take a look ,all the designated stackers are from roadway.yellows way was to move a piece of frieght across the dock as fast as possible,destroying it in the process . but thats alright with yellow brass as long as he or SHE is running 4 bills an hour.seems to me your real problem is your lack of seniority.sorry for your luck.why dont you take some of your issues up with one of the stewards at 211?thats probably not going to happen cause you have NO SACK.

Last edited by a moderator:
I smell a stench coming from you ... why don't you retire?

TOM3901

you think things are being done roadways way? lets see the terminal manager and most of his clones are from yellow.his struggle to turn 211 into yellow is the root to all the problems.since the frieght moved back to copley claims have been cut in half. take a look ,all the designated stackers are from roadway.yellows way was to move a piece of frieght across the dock as fast as possible,destroying it in the process . but thats alright with yellow brass as long as he or SHE is running 4 bills an hour.seems to me your real problem is your lack of seniority.sorry for your luck.why dont you take some of your issues up with one of the stewards at 211?thats probably not going to happen cause you have NO SACK.
You do have a point when you say Yellow's management went to 211 (from 218). That may be the only instance that I know of where Yellow management took over in the YRCW system ... and the funny thing is ... it's a heritage Roadway Barn!! Everywhere else, from what I can determine, Roadway managers are ruining (running) the terminals.

Where I disagree, is your comments at the end of the post.

Why are you knocking someone on his/her seniority?

Let me take a crack at your answer ... here goes ...

"I am a long time Roadway Employee. I don't care bout nothin but my dam self. I can retire any time I want, and I can, in fact, draw a Teamster pension. I am currently drawing social security...an entitlement due to me because I deserve it. I have junior members below me that are laid off and who have lost their homes ... because they were waiting to be called back to work for YRCW and did not want to go to work for YRCW's competition or a non union entity... but I got mine ... now they need to get theirs!

I may even know who you are. You sorry son of a beech

wild deuce
Teamster Stud and Teamster Brother

once again, there are not randoms for dock guys . get that through your thick skull. I wish they would test everyone, but thats not a reality. what is a reality is that yellow has ruined yet another viable company and is not used to people standing up for their rights. they are not used to resistance , but they might have to get used to it. maybe i do need a test, i will take one each and every day, and i will get my 3 hours of ass time every time. maybe i will feel like some road driver waiting for his bobtail.............
i rest my case... another manager lover.......

Jay C wrote that I did not. Check with the secretaries that do the randoms. Dock guys were getting them last week. I am perhaps wrong but I think this is a new Copley thing. I was not DISTRACTED I was renewing my permits and distinctly heard that the randoms for the dock guys were occupying there time in there. I wish they would drug test all in our place. Including all management!!! You sound like you need one also brother! Quit taking those mushrooms and thinking too much. You will hurt the remaining brain cells you have left...

TOM3901

Once again with the sack thing, is this a yard thing? I have 17.5 years seniority is this not enough to have an opinion, or am I just bitter because I point out the obvious. Complaints have been made to stewards because our extra board does not get out especially on weekends because of hook issues. We on the road get a daily update and sometimes we hear that they cant get things hook, so the freight is going to sit. Lets see, we are not Roadway but; we use there computer system, payroll rules, dispatch numbers, all paperwork has roadway on it. We go to rail yards and we are Roadway there. All gloves and hats given to people in the shop have Roadway on it. The shop repairs trucks the BIG R way now also...Why or how could I possibly think we turned into Roadway. Let me educate you about Yellow, We made money. They actually cared about on time freight. Exact Express shipments were better then 96%. I am not sure about the damage as you say because I work the Road side. I am surprised they segregate "stackers " because of heritage company. Once again if Yellow was so horrible and unable to make money why were they able to buy Roadway and all the JUNK equipment?You need to let go of this superior attitude you have, Big R is not that great as Yellow was not that great. We have been doing things the Big R way for a couple of years now and we are on the edge of extinction. I understand your loyalty to your heritage company, but maybe we should start looking for another way. A side note: If i am MISTAKEN ON THE DOCK RANDOM I AM SORRY FOR GODS SAKE. I WAS WITH THE LINE HAUL SECRETARY AND SHE SAID THEY WERE SWAMPED BACK THERE WITH YARD RANDOM P-TESTS.....Now quit talking about peoples sacks in the yard. People will start getting the wrong idea about you guys....

roadwaydude is on a distinguished road

once again, there are not randoms for dock guys . get that through your thick skull. I wish they would test everyone, but thats not a reality. what is a reality is that yellow has ruined yet another viable company and is not used to people standing up for their rights. they are not used to resistance

That s funny....You surely cant believe this. You actually believe Yellow legacy guys don't stand up for their contractual rights? Wow what kool-aid well are you drinking from. So much bitterness.....Resistance is the grievance procedure and getting paid. Pouting and working slow plays into the hands of those that stereotype union workers. I am sure that as an alternate steward you know that the IBT does not permit work slow downs and that they hurt future negotiations. A paper trail and smart teamsters get better contracts...

I will answer your question about how Yellow Corp bought Roadway Corp can you say BORROWED money. FACT: anyone who owned Roadway Corp stock recieved a Yellow-Roadway stock AND $35.00, those who owned Yellow Corp stock received only a Yellow-Roadway stock AND NOTHING ELSE!

As for the question of whether or not random drug tests are permitted for ANYONE other than drivers, THEY ARE NOT. Read your contract, and don't spout that BS you have no contract book, the language on that subject has NOT changed since 1995.

I will answer your question about how Yellow Corp bought Roadway Corp can you say BORROWED money. FACT: anyone who owned Roadway Corp stock recieved a Yellow-Roadway stock AND $35.00, those who owned Yellow Corp stock received only a Yellow-Roadway stock AND NOTHING ELSE!

As for the question of whether or not random drug tests are permitted for ANYONE other than drivers, THEY ARE NOT. Read your contract, and don't spout that BS you have no contract book, the language on that subject has NOT changed since 1995.
Meaning that they made money to be able to borrow money. When you go into a bank and present facts to get a loan you have to show money and assets....I will say it one more time..... I heard the office people say they were doing randoms on the dock guys... Maybe these were dock guys with cdl licenses.. Give it a rest.. Yes I do have a contract book. When did i spout BS I didn't have one? ...I really don't read into the drug testing as it doesn't really concern me, I simply said what I heard. Is it possible we are both right and these people had cdl licenses and were required to get tested..

No meaning the lenders realized the value of Roadway Corp's assets. Yellow Corp had NO money to buy a bigger and more profitable competitor! That is the primary reason why YRCW is in the financial condition it is.
If the economy had not tanked $bill might have been a hero. But we will never now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also it REALLY doesn't matter how we got to where we are. If the bickering between us does not stop then FAILURE will be our legacy.

No meaning the lenders realized the value of Roadway Corp's assets. Yellow Corp had NO money to buy a bigger and more profitable competitor! That is the primary reason why YRCW is in the financial condition it is.
If the economy had not tanked $bill might have been a hero. But we will never now.

So under your logic.. I can go buy a very valuable property with no money or prospect of money for the property. I can go and buy up my competition and not have any money and a proven track record of being insolvent? I want to get a loan from the bank that you work at... The only flaw in your logic is the FACT the Yellow bought Roadway, Yellow assets backed the sale! I love how this whole thread turned into Yellow against Roadway. I am sick to death of you Roadway legacy guys pumping your chest out like somehow you are superior in some way. OK I give!!!!! Roadway is the best ever... You guys work the dock the Best.... Your yard guys are the best.... YRC is not running under the roadway system and its only because of those yellow guys we haven't made money.. I get it.. Yellow was a small **** ant company never making any money and just happened to get some crazy bank to lend 1.1 billion to it for roadway... I understand that Yellow guys are far inferior to your massive talents at roadway and it is only because we (the yellow legacy guys) cave into management and do everything they ask that we have problems....I get it.......Thank you for being you Ex-roadway guy. I am awe and shake at your presence.. I only aspire someday to have the vast wisdom and fortitude of all you Big R guys. I will now hang my head in shame and retreat under the rock I climbed out of. The balls I have as an ex-yellow guy to even address a yard issue at 211 where I work. I should just understand that the BIG R biys have it under control and just stand down....Thank you

Wow, you better get back on your medication. I NEVER said anything about the EMPLOYEES of either company.

Wow, you better get back on your medication. I NEVER said anything about the EMPLOYEES of either company.

Your correct you did not.. However the point of my post was to address you and the other 3 people that wish to debate what I say. I don't need medications, I need to quit arguing on this site....Please refer to the previous encounters I have had with the elite Big R contingent of YRC. I would like to point out however that I feel invigorated that I am now drinking the kool-aid....I now get it....Yellow bad Roadway good...

So under your logic.. I can go buy a very valuable property with no money or prospect of money for the property. I can go and buy up my competition and not have any money and a proven track record of being insolvent? I want to get a loan from the bank that you work at... The only flaw in your logic is the FACT the Yellow bought Roadway, Yellow assets backed the sale! I love how this whole thread turned into Yellow against Roadway. I am sick to death of you Roadway legacy guys pumping your chest out like somehow you are superior in some way. OK I give!!!!! Roadway is the best ever... You guys work the dock the Best.... Your yard guys are the best.... YRC is not running under the roadway system and its only because of those yellow guys we haven't made money.. I get it.. Yellow was a small **** ant company never making any money and just happened to get some crazy bank to lend 1.1 billion to it for roadway... I understand that Yellow guys are far inferior to your massive talents at roadway and it is only because we (the yellow legacy guys) cave into management and do everything they ask that we have problems....I get it.......Thank you for being you Ex-roadway guy. I am awe and shake at your presence.. I only aspire someday to have the vast wisdom and fortitude of all you Big R guys. I will now hang my head in shame and retreat under the rock I climbed out of. The balls I have as an ex-yellow guy to even address a yard issue at 211 where I work. I should just understand that the BIG R biys have it under control and just stand down....Thank you

So glad you finally get it! The beatings will continue until all Ex Yellow understand. It is about time you know your place in the game. Understand :Emoticon_digging::tumbleweed::chairshot:

Well here we go again. Hot off the press: Roadway steward is coming back to work tonight. Maybe sticking together for your rights does work. Just a thought. I understand you being from 407 you wouldnt know what that is all about, as you were under the leadership of a bunch of yes-men. Nuff said.....

Your correct you did not.. However the point of my post was to address you and the other 3 people that wish to debate what I say. I don't need medications, I need to quit arguing on this site....Please refer to the previous encounters I have had with the elite Big R contingent of YRC. I would like to point out however that I feel invigorated that I am now drinking the kool-aid....I now get it....Yellow bad Roadway good...