TForce | Stewards

bad habit

TB Lurker
Credits
We need a thread going here for us new (temporary) stewards to get a feel for what issues need to be addressed first, maintain contact between barns to adress issues BEFORE they become problems, and just open contact to strengthen our lines of communication...IM exchange of phone numbers or whatever...just a thought:gathering:

..yeap I totally agree...so again we need a way to pin these threads to the top of the forum...for these are the most important issues right now...imhho...

BAD HABIT...hey any Ciny folks...there was a little lady that had that handle that kept the drivers awake at nite:eek:...she worked out on 32 I recall..TNT,SNOWFLAKE..ah yes the good old days..........:TR10driving03:

BAD HABIT...hey any Ciny folks...there was a little lady that had that handle that kept the drivers awake at nite:eek:...she worked out on 32 I recall..TNT,SNOWFLAKE..ah yes the good old days..........:TR10driving03:

I remember talking to her when passing through there! Saw her one night in her 4-wheeler. Nothing little about her!:ohmy:

Great minds think alike

Glad to see we are all on the same page. I suggested something that sounded exactly like that. I was elected road steward in Lex.
Any one that would like to exchange phone #'s Pls PM me and we can talk.
:smilie_132:

Colorado springs steward here Our loc 17 is giving some books to read. Get signed up for some classes through your loc some are national classes...:eck13::eck13:

Been a union member for 14 yrs before coming to ups freight know alittle about how it works, So if we do work together we can make it happen Just right now are hands are tied till we settel the supp.

get temp stewards and in a month or 2 we will vote them in?

I read with great concern the posts on temp stewards.
I adressed this issue with our local shortly after the election @ our barn.
I was assured that I would be steward, case closed. I have seen in the past where stewards have been removed due to rank and file dissatification and wanted both the union and the rank and file to be certain that I took this position for one purpose only, and that was to lay the foundation for a smooth transition from O to U.
The local seemed to be satisfied and the rank and file seem to approve to this point.
Anybody workin on any senority/ money issues yet I have 3 so far. 1 is a lock the other is about 85% and the third is open to interpretation.
Take care Be safe:smilie_132:

Anybody workin on any senority/ money issues yet I have 3 so far. 1 is a lock the other is about 85% and the third is open to interpretation.
Take care Be safe:smilie_132:

There is no such thing as a "lock" when it comes to grievances. A bad presentation or not having all the information can make a great case into a loser.

Does anybody have issues with the company trying to say that 4X10 schedules are ok? The whole contract is written for 5X8's not 4X10's. The company is trying to say that they will use 4x10's. Anybody else going to file a grievance over this?