TForce | Stewards

Hey Fem
Won My "lock" this am. When Rocketmann sez lock he means lock.

You can call it a lock but when you get it going through the procedure and to a BOA or arbitration, there is no such thing as a lock. I'm am glad you prevailed on your issue though because there will be lots of those coming up and the more we prevail on the better we all will be.

4 ten hours shifts instead of 5 eight hour shifts. Our yard has been using them since Jan. and they are trying to tell us that it will be considered past practice and that we will have overtime after 40 because of it. We are going to wait until the first paycheck and then if things are not correct then talk to union. We dont have any temp. stewards yet. Our tm said that the 4 tens were temporary, we have been trying to find out what temporary means 4 monthes later.

I know you were thinking 4-10 gears.

Hey Fem
Won My "lock" this am. When Rocketmann sez lock he means lock. No Greivance needed.
Let me know if you need any pointers on all that stuff you rappped about regarding info presentation, etc. Rocketmann don't file no junk!!!!!!!!!!:smilie_132:

Congratulations on your win and many more to come!!!!!

More wins more power.

kick'em while there down.

This week was a prime week to set the stage.

Everyone read up and be prepared to be blindsided by management.

I was last night.

I was already dispatched to leave nbr when I was offered work.

There was 8 Teamsters in the break room that were not offered work.

Was I singled out? You bet your azz I was.

But I knew he did not have a Teamster verifying that he was offering work to anybody.

So it's like it never happened.

And those Teamsters on the clock,

GOOD JOB!!!!!

It's just as much of a obligation for them to read the contract as it is for us to do so.

Just don't give away the secrets. Once they start paying they'll figure it out.

Lets talk about this office situation.

TEAMSTERS OUR PLACE OF BUISNESS IS IN OUR TRUCKS, IN THE YARDS, ON THE DOCKS AND IN THE BREAKROOMS across the country.

NOT IN THE OFFICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stay out of those offices. Unless you are organized clerical or the tm wants to see you.

City men those dispatchers will hand you your diad through the window, chute, hole in the wall, I don't care how they do it.

Its called getting issued a diad daily.

When you go to work one day and the office door is shut and the sign says OFFICE PERSONELL ONLY you will say Buck Naked your the man..

STAY OUT OF THE OFFICES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steel Toe Safety Shoes: what are your thoughts on the steel toe shoes reuired for all freight handlers, I'm thinking of filing on, "Company requiring as part of the Uniform" Article 11 page 15

I'd like to see us all file this together and get our "required shoes" paid for.....they pay the mechanic a tool allowance we should be entitled to this as I read it in the contract

I've done a little research on this for your investigation notes: The argument is going to be that OSHA requires this and therfore the company doesn't have to pay for these items as stated in OSHA 1910.132(h)(2) however it also list in this same subsection 1910.132(h)(4)(iii) that raingear and gloves are excluded from company paying for also.....BUT in Article 32 pg54 states the company must provide these......

If you file a long form to take care of your taxes,and your company doesn't pay anything for your shoes you can write them off as a required piece of equipment.
I bought my own hand cart,and wrote that off as well.

If you file a long form to take care of your taxes,and your company doesn't pay anything for your shoes you can write them off as a required piece of equipment.
I bought my own hand cart,and wrote that off as well.

I've been doing it that way for years...I believe that doesn't cover the entire costs, just a percentage of the allowed amount?

Steel Toe Safety Shoes: what are your thoughts on the steel toe shoes reuired for all freight handlers, I'm thinking of filing on, "Company requiring as part of the Uniform" Article 11 page 15

I'd like to see us all file this together and get our "required shoes" paid for.....they pay the mechanic a tool allowance we should be entitled to this as I read it in the contract
I knew it wouldn't be long before someone brought up the mechanics tool allowance. After you take the taxes out you are not left with much. I am sure you have bought some of those dollar store tools to keep that Razor scooter movin on, But those tools do not cut it in a professional shop environment. Stop your local Mac or Snap On man one day and price some tools, That allowance will get you a screwdriver or two with some change left over for a Mt. Dew and a Honeybun:1036316054:Love your shop people they are there for you. Your shop man can make your life miserable or make every work day as good as it can be:smilie_132:

Lets talk about this office situation.

TEAMSTERS OUR PLACE OF BUISNESS IS IN OUR TRUCKS, IN THE YARDS, ON THE DOCKS AND IN THE BREAKROOMS across the country.

NOT IN THE OFFICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stay out of those offices. Unless you are organized clerical or the tm wants to see you.

City men those dispatchers will hand you your diad through the window, chute, hole in the wall, I don't care how they do it.

Its called getting issued a diad daily.

When you go to work one day and the office door is shut and the sign says OFFICE PERSONELL ONLY you will say Buck Naked your the man..

STAY OUT OF THE OFFICES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would also like to add to this. Keep your mouths shut about the contract in the breakrooms, as foolish as this may sound, dispatchers and TM'S FLOAT AROUND in there, why give them more ammo too use against us or possibly one's self..

Undercover managment

You will start seeing new casuals coming in to work soon.

Be advised they may be management undercover wearing our uniforms.

If you guys think I'm crazy so be it.

UPS puts this into practice at the
Shrewsbury MA small package center, I know first hand.

You never know who will be sitting in those break rooms with us.

Keep an eye on the RATS!!

Some things have to be taken care of under the cuff.:chairshot:

These RATS may wear the T-shirt, pay the dues, but they will NEVER BE UNION!!!!!!

I would also like to add to this. Keep your mouths shut about the contract in the breakrooms, as foolish as this may sound, dispatchers and TM'S FLOAT AROUND in there, why give them more ammo too use against us or possibly one's self..

Very good advice! Too many people are talking out loud on how to use the contract to their advantage. (In earshod of supervisors)
Common sense should prevail!:chairshot:

You will start seeing new casuals coming in to work soon.

Be advised they may be management undercover wearing our uniforms.

If you guys think I'm crazy so be it.

UPS puts this into practice at the
Shrewsbury MA small package center, I know first hand.

You never know who will be sitting in those break rooms with us.

Keep an eye on the RATS!!

Some things have to be taken care of under the cuff.:chairshot:

These RATS may wear the T-shirt, pay the dues, but they will NEVER BE UNION!!!!!!

Thanks for the tip! :1036316054:
I think my barn knows a person who is a rat. He's trying to get into management.

Very good advice! Too many people are talking out loud on how to use the contract to their advantage. (In earshod of supervisors)

As far as I'm concerned we don't have a contract Dockworker till we negotiate one in 2013 when UPS's contract is up to.
What we have now is better than what we had. But I wouldn't call it a contact for the working man. It's a contract for the company.:hide:

As far as I'm concerned we don't have a contract Dockworker till we negotiate one in 2013 when UPS's contract is up to.
What we have now is better than what we had. But I wouldn't call it a contact for the working man. It's a contract for the company.:hide:
That is definitely the sentiment at my barn.
Obviously this force feeding is better than what we had.
My barn feels this contract was geared mostly to restore the retirees benefits.
It's a little bit for everyone now, but like you said, 2013 should be a whole new world.:1036316054:

One thing we can most definetly agree on, they have a tight union amongst themselves, and will use whatever to thier advantage, and a nonunion is to thier advantage on our behalf.

Well ,allthough I agree too skeeter, MUM should be the word, and practice makes perfect.:1036316054:

Well ,allthough I agree too skeeter, MUM should be the word, and practice makes perfect.:1036316054:
Wouldn't it have been something if we hit a homerun out of the park the first time at bat?
It might be unheard of but it would have been nice.
I think we got a double out of this.
Yes we will grow through the years to understand everything and when 2013 hits, we will have more strength in numbers to negotiate.

Wouldn't it have been something if we hit a homerun out of the park the first time at bat?
Yes we will grow through the years to understand everything and when 2013 hits, we will have more strength in numbers to negotiate.

One could only hope for the best in that case. This Ins. was not easy to swallow.

That is my hope. I will be real close to retirement then and want the retirement to to be better right before I go out.:1036316054: