TForce | Stewards

Hey now Bad Habit with the time you have worked for them and the problems you have had you should have a handle on the problems there. You think some of the problems may be that they don't like having to do the job the way it should be done as apposed to the way they want to do it do Ya ????

Cincy O.P.T & Production

Hi i'am a steward in cincy and just in case you guys still have a problem with O.P.T on property time we where told ny our local that we do not recognize opt or production so for the past 2 days we have not had a issue with ethier.

Just so you know if you are having in problems with any issue.

Hi i'am a steward in cincy and just in case you guys still have a problem with O.P.T on property time we where told ny our local that we do not recognize opt or production so for the past 2 days we have not had a issue with ethier.

Okay, if we do not recognize O.P.T. Has there been any filings on this. in the great north we simply refuse to get involved with production. The OPT on the other hand we argue all the time that there is nothing in the contract, we have Mgnt. with a slow response time unfortunately.

4 10 hour days about being a steward been tyhere done that... it is a thankless job have to defend alll the people even the get overs.

hey i just got on this board i am the alt steward in oro and really like to talk to all other stewards or alt stewards really looking for phone #'s for guys in kan stl crt yor and hrs 85% of all our inbound and outbound being moved by contract carriers and o/ops we are fighting this really hard but would really like to talk to all stwards

hey i just got on this board i am the alt steward in oro and really like to talk to all other stewards or alt stewards really looking for phone #'s for guys in kan stl crt yor and hrs 85% of all our inbound and outbound being moved by contract carriers and o/ops we are fighting this really hard but would really like to talk to all stwards

From time to time we are here, some of us anyway, the only way to argue what you are fighting is if you can prove a contractor is taking freight in and out of your terminal\area, this constitutes a legitimate grieve.

Fontana, California Dock Steward.

Lets communicate, PM me with dock issues.

Nationwide calling through Verizon as well.

I'm with a steward at a barn in Indiana.
I wouldn't say we're having a serious problem with OPT reports and such, but I'm definately thinking about filing a grievance about it for the shere ridiculousness of it.
We're expected to parade in every morning and explain why we were over on AM or PM.
It's childish.
Frankly, it violates the contractual "fair days work, fair days pay". article.
They're assuming we're guilty, which violates the goodwill article (Good god,, don't make me dig out my contract for article/sections!).
On a simpler level, it's harassment.
If they can't show we're screwing around somewhere and milking the clock, they should shut the hell up as far as I'm concerned.
I do understand that **** rolls downhill though. This directive starts at corporate, and each region is determining the weight to give it. It seems the central region is the most anal of the bunch!

I'm with a steward at a barn in Indiana.
I wouldn't say we're having a serious problem with OPT reports and such, but I'm definately thinking about filing a grievance about it for the shere ridiculousness of it.
We're expected to parade in every morning and explain why we were over on AM or PM.
It's childish.
Frankly, it violates the contractual "fair days work, fair days pay". article.
They're assuming we're guilty, which violates the goodwill article (Good god,, don't make me dig out my contract for article/sections!).
On a simpler level, it's harassment.
If they can't show we're screwing around somewhere and milking the clock, they should shut the hell up as far as I'm concerned.
I do understand that **** rolls downhill though. This directive starts at corporate, and each region is determining the weight to give it. It seems the central region is the most anal of the bunch!

We have had issues with OPD or OPT as you call it, in referance to production, we were told the same as you by the hall, with no production standards in the contract it is a loosing battle, thus far, I am sure something will come out of the wash.

Our TM is an old ABF manager and so far argues realistic issues in referance to the contract, so our problems are little , the biggest problems we have are out of his hands, so the hall confronts these issues for the most part with corperate and makes it easy for us ( we have 2 stewards).

Headlines Has been designed and is put in place for stewards.
terminals in the system are given there own address for mail and a link to the mail address for others to click and ask a question or leave mail for them. This site is what is needed in todays life to keep up with who is who and when a shop changes stewards. All they have to do is send me an e-mail or call me to change the password. The mail will always have a permanant address. Example is Headlines
Then you can go to stewards/terminals or just go to your mail and [email protected] this is an inactive mail at the moment.
When chicago terminal is lined up this will be there address. If your a steward, e-mail me and I will verify and then add your terminal or if your terminal is on but your a temp for the time being a temp terminal address can be added. This ensures that your personal address is never passed out to everyone. A forward of the brownandgreycafe.com address can also be forwarded to your personal address, so reading of messages can be done off your regular e-mail address. Just don't respond to any message of your perrsonal address, so it is not given out. E-mail me today at [email protected] for more information.