Stewart struck, killed driver with sprint car

At the very least it's manslaughter in my eyes,......

I saw the video,.

He could have idled by the young man,.....However he hammered the throttle causing the car to swing out and hit the young man,..

That to me is assault with a deadly weapon and manslaughter charges should be filled,......

If any of us did that on the street we would be facing charges,.....

I think he intended on "buzzing" the youngster who was expressing his displeasure with being intentionally taken out, but it went wrong. I don't think it was intentional homicide, but it was irresponsible at the least to react by swerving, and or "goosing" the throttle. Stewart knew better, and acted recklessly. I believe the guilt will eventually get the best of him.

At the very least it's manslaughter in my eyes,......

I saw the video,.

He could have idled by the young man,.....However he hammered the throttle causing the car to swing out and hit the young man,..

That to me is assault with a deadly weapon and manslaughter charges should be filled,......

If any of us did that on the street we would be facing charges,.....

How do you know that was him that revved the motor?

You must know more than the local police, because they're saying they see nothing in the video that leads them to any criminal charges.

It was a night race, the young man was wearing all black. Visibility was limited.
In the video the blue car in front of Tony also had to swerve to miss him, and Tony was running the same lane as that car, so vision was further obstructed by that car. From what I saw, Tony's car swerved after he hit the kid, telling me the car lost traction in the back tire because of the body underneath it.

I just see too much that leads me to believe he didn't see him.

How do you know that was him that revved the motor?

You must know more than the local police, because they're saying they see nothing in the video that leads them to any criminal charges.

It was a night race, the young man was wearing all black. Visibility was limited.
In the video the blue car in front of Tony also had to swerve to miss him, and Tony was running the same lane as that car, so vision was further obstructed by that car. From what I saw, Tony's car swerved after he hit the kid, telling me the car lost traction in the back tire because of the body underneath it.

I just see too much that leads me to believe he didn't see him.

Except for the whole part about how Stewart was the one that had just wiped him out. He knew that guy was there. And was looking for him.

You don't wreck somebody and then just drive by like everybody else.

Except for the whole part about how Stewart was the one that had just wiped him out. He knew that guy was there. And was looking for him.

You don't wreck somebody and then just drive by like everybody else.

He knew the guy was there? You know this how?

It has always been my understanding that if your actions were to lead to someone's death, intentional or not, you could and maybe should be held accountable under the law. If tony did rev his engine ( has being reported by eye witnesses) causing his car to hit the young man, then he to should be prosecuted under the law. I've also have taken time to read quite a few comments from different media outlets and the fact that Tony is getting so much sympathy and prayers sent his way is ridiculous. In my opinion there is only one person who should be getting prayers and sympathy in all this and there is only one person in all this who will continue to live, breathe, and more than likely continue to make millions. Tony will get no prayers or sympathy from me.

But not the driver?

Ultimately they can't make him drive if he doesn't want to (though they certainly could penalize/fire him) but they sure could keep him from driving even if he wanted to. So, in practice, not really his decision.

he canceled hes not racing
or he didn't race, and before everyone blames everything on Stewart maybe wait for some facts?did he even see him? theirs no way he just hit the guy on purpose! i doubt he was expecting someone to be running out in front of him.

I feel bad for the kid, but it was a real idiot move to jump out of the safety of his car and purposefully run into race traffic. Tony Stewart was a real hot head in the past, but the last several seasons he has matured alot and calmed way down. Having said that, I am still not a big fan of his. My heart goes out to the family of the young driver, and Stewart. I can't imagine the feelings he will have to live with for the rest of his life. Saturdaty was tragic for all involved. The police wil do a thourough investigation and determine if Stewart is guilty of any crimes. NASCAR will also investigate and deal with Stewart internally if it is deemed necessary. Lets let the professional investigators do their jobe before we jump to conclusions......

I feel bad for the kid, but it was a real idiot move to jump out of the safety of his car and purposefully run into race traffic. Tony Stewart was a real hot head in the past, but the last several seasons he has matured alot and calmed way down. Having said that, I am still not a big fan of his. My heart goes out to the family of the young driver, and Stewart. I can't imagine the feelings he will have to live with for the rest of his life. Saturdaty was tragic for all involved. The police wil do a thourough investigation and determine if Stewart is guilty of any crimes. NASCAR will also investigate and deal with Stewart internally if it is deemed necessary. Lets let the professional investigators do their jobe before we jump to conclusions......

What has NASCAR got to do with it? NOT a NASCAR sanctioned race or track

What has NASCAR got to do with it? NOT a NASCAR sanctioned race or track

NASCRAP can sanction any of their members for actions detrimental to the sport....rule 12.4.A....it's their catch-all to keep all their folks toeing the line. It doesn't have to be related to a NASCAR sanctioned event. It could be anything that you do that they don't like,that they feel will tarnish the wonderful image of all things NASCRAP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks EX396....... You better believe, with something this high profile, and one of their star drivers, they will be all over it.

im voting yes cuz we are being told final offer

Did Tony know he put him the wall? Besides I'm hearing now they didn't even touch in the accident.

Also just because Tony may have put Kevin in the wall, there's still the possibility that Tony didn't see the kid running down in front of him.

By everything I've read and heard this was just a tragic accident. So far it is only an accident investigation. Unless some one comes forward with proof of Stewart's negligence or intent to cause injury then it will stay an accident.....................There will probably be a civil wrongful death suit brought against Stewart. From what I heard on NASCAR radio I don't think the waivers the drivers signed may apply since they weren't actually racing and Ward was out of his car. It's a lawyer thingy.