Holland | Still waiting for a full accounting

TB Regular
Credits
Now that we have received the WARN settlement check from USF, I guess that I should be happy that its finally over.

But I would still like to know the real answers as to :

Why we were put on the picket line at Red Star by the IBT ?

Did Hoffa & Johnson really not know what was going on in their union ?

Why the IBT waited until the members hired their own lawyer to sue for the WARN Act before they did anything ?

Who gave the hired attorneys the okay to accept the settlement from USF ?

How did the breach of contract and sickdays settlements get lumped with the Warn settlement ?

I would like to know the answers as well but like everything else involving USF and the IBT it will remain a secret to the grave ...Just like Hoffa getting re elected by a vast majority.Its in the bank.And they have the balls to ask us to talk to Overnite people for them.Not in this life time I won't.Everything in this world seems to be geared for big business..Screw the little man..

Collard Green said:
I,m tired of it.
You must have some exciting life !! If I were tired of something I would just ignore it and move on to something else and not waste my time making nonproductive posts..

I agree with Collar Green. 2631 its over, let it go and move on. I believe there is a forum for the (gone but not forgotten). GRIZZ

Grizz said:
I agree with Collar Green. 2631 its over, let it go and move on. I believe there is a forum for the (gone but not forgotten). GRIZZ
Why ? Their are still questions in my mind as to why I lost my job. And as to how the settlement was worked out.

If you don't want to post, then don't !!!

If no one else is interested then this thread will end.

Grizz said:
I think that it is up to the moderators to decide what is allowed in this forum.

I think 27 yrs at Red Star gives me the right to post on this site !!

If you don't agree ......................................

Grizz said:
Grizz, you are so cold hearted! If the man wants to keep his blood pressure up about something from the past then so be it. Everything goes away with time, so either he will get over it or.......... :hissyfit:
LOL

Benny Hill said:
Grizz, you are so cold hearted! If the man wants to keep his blood pressure up about something from the past then so be it. Everything goes away with time, so either he will get over it or.......... :hissyfit:
LOL
This thread is just a continuation of the Full Accounting thread on the old Truckingboards site.

Go ahead and laugh if you want, but I think that we deserve answers from the IBT and the Lawyer.

The judge has ruled, the lawyers paid and the settlement checks cashed.

The only questions left in my mind are at the start of this thread.

:smilie_132: Hey grizz and benny hill,I know it's over also:chairshot: but I also would like to know the answers to 2631's questions.I have said this before I have been thru other closings but never anything like the closing of Redstar.If anything comes out of these messageboards,by keeping the topic alive I would hope it would be showing others exactly what hoffa and company did to us and get the message out,and I would hope it helps in the next election.There are way to many people that still think that this whole mess was over a few girls in the Philly term.GET THE TRUTH OUT PERIOD:cool: ....CRAZY

Guys there was a time that this USF forum was all Red Star guys and when the Dugan thing started we were trying to get Holland and all the other companies that were under USF's thumb involved. It was not until the ex- Red Star guys went to Holland that you other Holland guys started here. So have a little respect for your fellow employees and dont forget Yellow's not done with you yet either you all could be the next on here doing your own wound licking.:duh:

Guys you will never get the answers that you seek. We are all small fish in a big pond. Until EVERYONE is screwed over at the same time nobody else cares any more, you all know that. I'm sorry that this happened to people but I've been there and done that without getting anything. I've started over five times for no reason! My crack was just to lighten up the posts and just say "time heals all wounds", you can only let it eat at you for so long before it eats you all the way up. I just hope there's a little money left when I get old enough to afford to retire in another fifty years. Good luck to everyone.

Thank god for all you red star guys You are the only ones that do ANYTHIG! Hell I think red star invented trucking. There was nothing until Red star men stated trucking.

Yes Us holland people just stood back and watched everything go down. It took the red star men that got hired at holland to get everyone involved. Thank God!!

RG27 said:
Thank god for all you red star guys You are the only ones that do ANYTHIG! Hell I think red star invented trucking. There was nothing until Red star men stated trucking.

Yes Us holland people just stood back and watched everything go down. It took the red star men that got hired at holland to get everyone involved. Thank God!!
:biglaugh: :biglaugh: At least one of you HOLLAND guys finally admitted it:chairshot:

RG27 said:

Thanks RG27 . I guess your post answers just about all my questions.

I guess the president and the director of freight for the International Brotherhood of Teamsters really didn't know anything about the strike at Red Star.

Lets let them have a pass on this and let them be reelected without having to answer for the loss of 1900 Teamster jobs.

Collard Green said:
I,m tired of it.
I am sorry if you didn't find this thread interesting.

I just went back and read all 12 of your posts & I was really impressed, Especially with the Pee Wee Herman comment.

Sometimes people are so f'''''kin thick :duh: headed that they cannot learn from others mis-fortune. They live in their own protected little bubble. Not wishing any bad on anyone.............people have to realize that there is a parent co. in control NOW. and they have the power to do what they want. Living proof .......redstar and dugan!! I have a feeling that freight is being diverted from Yellow to the other subsidiaries, because they cannot impliment the PSE in the NY/NJ Metro area. When and if they get the ok to do the PSE, I think there will be streamlining in the other subsidiaries and the freight will return to Yellow.
Once this happens those that critize and mock you .................will be asking for advice and/or crying themselves. When RS closed there was a small percentage of the men that got "GOOD UNION JOBS" the rest either retired or are working in the non-union sector earning much less then they were making @ R/S. Yes ther are also some that did good and are at a real good job, but that's the exception. And this time around there will be a few less "UNION JOBS" to go to. These guys should realize that we are "TEAM"sters and not "ME"sters like some are and that there is safety and strength in numbers and we should all stick together and not make "deals" oh did I say "deals".

I think I'll end it here before I get off the topic.
So yes Mike you are right in your search for the truth and when mor of OUR Brother "Team"sters realize this they will stop with the ASSanine comments:chairshot:

For those of you that don't know PSE is Premium Service Employee

Benny Hill said:
Guys you will never get the answers that you seek. We are all small fish in a big pond. Until EVERYONE is screwed over at the same time nobody else cares any more, you all know that. I'm sorry that this happened to people but I've been there and done that without getting anything. I've started over five times for no reason! My crack was just to lighten up the posts and just say "time heals all wounds", you can only let it eat at you for so long before it eats you all the way up. I just hope there's a little money left when I get old enough to afford to retire in another fifty years. Good luck to everyone.
You are right ! Time does heal all wounds. I am 100% pleased with ABF and if USF would not have closed Red Star I would still be living in hotels and being miserable the rest of my life. I am just sad for all that lost 5 weeks vacation and those kind of benefits that comes with many years of service. It wasnt that Red Star couldnt get it done it was that USF could get it done cheaper with 80% rate employees and less overhead. And all those Boneheads that gave up six trips and 48 hours off for a stinking truck. I remember those days when I too worked for a nonunion trucking company.:duh:

Not trying to be negative but you are asking questions that NO ONE IS GOING TO ANSWER HONESTLY.

That is just like asking the people who shot HOFFA PLEASE TURN YOURSELF IN, the FBI is still looking. It is not going to happen.