FedEx Freight | STK has filed with the NLRB

Status
Not open for further replies.
doesnt matter, carville is the one that implied that the union will come in and take things backwards.

how about you, ex396, why do you think fred would fight the union, if they were going to come in and offer lower wages?

no one will answer it, because its a lousy arguement, imo. everyone on here knows the union would push for better conditions, benefits, and wages.....

how about you, ex396, why do you think fred would fight the union, if they were going to come in and offer lower wages?

no one will answer it, because its a lousy arguement, imo. everyone on here knows the union would push for better conditions, benefits, and wages.....

I will answer it. It's quite an easy question.

First off, of course the union would push for better conditions, benefits and wages. You are confusing what they may accept with what they will pursue.

FedEx will fight the union because it is a more restrictive, more expensive way to do business. That will be the case even without an increase in wages.

The sum total of your entire compensation package can increase even if your wages go down. The sum total of your entire compensation package could decrease even if your wages go up. Wages and total compensation package value don't always go hand in hand.

You looking strictly at wages is like the guy going in to negotiate for a new car concentrating only on the purchase price. He gets his price but takes a hit on his trade-in and financing. Concentrate on monthly payment and they'll ask for a larger down and/or longer term. No trade-in they'll get you with a service plan or extended warranty. Bottom line you must examine every facet of the deal.

The total compensation package is all about money,whether it be hourly pay, overtime, benefits,pension,work rules or a number of other things. If you get something or give up something only matters to the total compensation package.If after all the negotiations and your total pay package is more than before, you have done well. If you think your total pay package will be less, why wouldn't Fred welcome the union in if he's going to save money.

Your bargaining agent goes back to the table.
Mediation is used if two sides can not agree.........
The company doesn't have to go to mediation/arbitration. Reference the issue with KAG west in Los Angeles. They went Union 4.5 years ago. They're still "negotiating" a contract. The drivers haven't had a raise the entire time, and their health care costs have soared, all with the blessing of the NLRB. Last month, the Teamsters petitioned the NLRB to "withdraw representation", (Read, walk away and screw the folks who voted you in), and the NLRB refused to grant their request. As info, KAG west has informed their union members they anticipate the "negotiations" will take another 10 years or so...without a raise in pay. Great negotiating Teamsters!

ST

The company doesn't have to go to mediation/arbitration. Reference the issue with KAG west in Los Angeles. They went Union 4.5 years ago. They're still "negotiating" a contract. The drivers haven't had a raise the entire time, and their health care costs have soared, all with the blessing of the NLRB. Last month, the Teamsters petitioned the NLRB to "withdraw representation", (Read, walk away and screw the folks who voted you in), and the NLRB refused to grant their request. As info, KAG west has informed their union members they anticipate the "negotiations" will take another 10 years or so...without a raise in pay. Great negotiating Teamsters!

ST
How many more positives to your negative?

How many more positives to your negative?

Okay, you lost me...I wasn't being negative. Being realistic about the sad state of affairs in your union. You union folks keep claiming you're the union, which means that the failure of your union to protect it's employers is actually your fault. So, congrats; you've destroyed your own job.

That is, if your assertion that the union is only as good as it's members is correct.

ST

Okay, you lost me...I wasn't being negative. Being realistic about the sad state of affairs in your union. You union folks keep claiming you're the union, which means that the failure of your union to protect it's employers is actually your fault. So, congrats; you've destroyed your own job.

That is, if your assertion that the union is only as good as it's members is correct.

ST
How many good contracts in other words?

Evidently you're not up on our contract ratifications? When I get home I will provide a few dozen examples. Fair enough?
Oh yeah, where you vote on it? except no one ever votes for a pay cut, yet somehow it always gets ratified?? Because it keeps putting money in Hoffa's pocket?

Oh yeah, where you vote on it? except no one ever votes for a pay cut, yet somehow it always gets ratified?? Because it keeps putting money in Hoffa's pocket?
Have you been witness (observer) at the vote tally? Stay tuned brother I will include a few examples of recently negotiated contracts and the results.

Have you been witness (observer) at the vote tally? Stay tuned brother I will include a few examples of recently negotiated contracts and the results.

You're being silly. The Teamsters determine the outcome of their paycut elections. That's well documented...are you really that naïve? There's an old saying: "We'll vote until we get the vote right".

You're being silly. The Teamsters determine the outcome of their paycut elections. That's well documented...are you really that naïve? There's an old saying: "We'll vote until we get the vote right".
Document some more brother. How many times we send it back to the table is our right.

ST

have a link for the representation withdrawl? and how many of the original voters still work there, were they offered better employment opportunities thru the union local?

The Teamster drivers from our competitors who like to monopolize our Fedex discussion don't like the phrase pay cut. They prefer to use the term "concession" instead. I guess that's not supposed to sound as bad. Lol

The Teamster drivers from our competitors who like to monopolize our Fedex discussion don't like the phrase pay cut. They prefer to use the term "concession" instead. I guess that's not supposed to sound as bad. Lol
Pay cut, concession, whatever. We gave to help our company survive. We are still here. Look at our total compensation and put a pen to paper and you might be surprised at what you see.

Status
Not open for further replies.