Central Transport | STL Employees beat alleged thief at trucking company

stldockworker

TB Lurker
Credits
Employees beat alleged thief at trucking company : News

St. Louis police today are investigating the fatal beating of a man by employees of a trucking company who believed he had been breaking into trailers.

Homicide detectives were called at 7:35 a.m. today to Central Transport International in the 500 block of Gimblin Road. The company, off Hall Street in north St. Louis, hauls freight across the country.

Employees at the company told police they caught a man breaking into trailers. They told police that the man indicated that he was armed with a gun. Police said a struggle ensued and the employees were able to subdue the man until police arrived. No weapon was recovered.

The man was taken unresponsive to an area hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Employees beat alleged thief at trucking company : News

St. Louis police today are investigating the fatal beating of a man by employees of a trucking company who believed he had been breaking into trailers.

Homicide detectives were called at 7:35 a.m. today to Central Transport International in the 500 block of Gimblin Road. The company, off Hall Street in north St. Louis, hauls freight across the country.

Employees at the company told police they caught a man breaking into trailers. They told police that the man indicated that he was armed with a gun. Police said a struggle ensued and the employees were able to subdue the man until police arrived. No weapon was recovered.

The man was taken unresponsive to an area hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
He probably had a stroke or heart attack or perhaps he just took a severe beat down....Either way I'm sure law enforcement will get to the bottom of it.

Autopsy will reveal any medical issues. However, with no gun being recovered my guess is that someone unfortunately will be charged in this man's death.

if he was breaking into trailers ,,, he was wrong... being that he was wrong at a central terminal than of course it's centrals fault because central just cant not be not at fault on this site.... right?

if he was breaking into trailers ,,, he was wrong... being that he was wrong at a central terminal than of course it's centrals fault because central just cant not be not at fault on this site.... right?

Right or wrong, he should not have died for his sins.

CT you are such a trouble maker-Where did anyone blame Central for this? Go back to your forkilift and load some freight. I agree that the guy did not deserve to die for his sins, however, if you take that chance to break in with the intent of stealing, who knows what can happen? Hopefully they did find a weapon and or the guy had a medical condition which caused his death. With that said, the guys who tried to stop him should be commended, but I am sorry-I am not confronting anyone unless there is complete danger to my coworkers and or my family. Call the police and stay hidden.

CT you are such a trouble maker-Where did anyone blame Central for this? Go back to your forkilift and load some freight. I agree that the guy did not deserve to die for his sins, however, if you take that chance to break in with the intent of stealing, who knows what can happen? Hopefully they did find a weapon and or the guy had a medical condition which caused his death. With that said, the guys who tried to stop him should be commended, but I am sorry-I am not confronting anyone unless there is complete danger to my coworkers and or my family. Call the police and stay hidden.
CT is self-absorbed with a personal agenda against Vitran drivers......Even with the death of a man he finds a way to play the poor victim.

I hope they find a gun, and or he had a medical condition. Yea, the guy is breaking into trailers. Nevertheless, if these guys who beat this guy to death wasn't threatened with their own lives, (gun, knife, etc...) then by law they can be charged with the man's death. The authorities will do their investigation, and the prosecutor will make his/her decision. For those involved I hope not, but I am just saying.