Yellow | Stock give away ???

Fairness is not YRCW's strong suit. Don't worry too much about it, I doubt that the stock will be worth $12.78 a share for very long, so Welch isn't going to make anything either.

Become the CEO of a corporation then you to can enjoy the perks .

That's true. Then you can just tell the board of directors what you want, and they give it to you. Then the board of directors gets to tell itself what it wants, and they give it to themselves. "Ethics? did you say ethics? ethics? don't talk about ethics. Ethics?" - In the voice of coach Jim Morra

That's true. Then you can just tell the board of directors what you want, and they give it to you. Then the board of directors gets to tell itself what it wants, and they give it to themselves. "Ethics? did you say ethics? ethics? don't talk about ethics. Ethics?" - In the voice of coach Jim Morra

"Ethics? We don't need no stinking ethics!" in a Mexican accent from movie The Treasure of the Sierra Madre

He was worth every penny of it.
As a stock holder I find the sum of shares outrageous.. The other members of the board received slightly over 2K shares, and until this company "turns around" and becomes profitable.. He hasnt earned it.

Definitely not all is fair.I don't expect instant wealth but I do expect equitable compensation for all our sacrafices.15% in paycuts quite a lot of change for this economy.plus a pittance if any in pension compensation.I guess if abf had done this esop program first.all of us at yrc most likely had voted no
Isn't that what the E in esop stands for
Equity
It just saddens me that the labor basically is the whipping boy in this whole story.without labor how else can things be done.even if cheaper labor is hired.the company still has to pay wages.that goes for any company
I really didn't expect much from our warrants and stock options.probably why most teamsters didn't vote.what a terrible thing.but...but.we are thankful we have a job.
At what cost are we willing to endure to keep our work?we hear everyday about the unemployment rate.always negative.we never hear about the percentages of those that are employed.that rate happens to be quite high.I remember when I first heard about the hard times to come a few years ago.on the news.guess what.the masses heard that and started stashing their money.guess what.turns out that those poisoned words caused ourselves to shoot ourselves in the foot economically.like a domino effect.I'm rambling on.but we all saw this coming.

122k shares at $12.78 equals a big fat zero, the stock is at $9.50 now, by the time he would be eligible to cash in, the stock will most likely be much lower than it is now.

Wouldn't it have to be over $12.78 a share? If not I think there is still a vesting period.

The stock is a grant, not an option. It was given to him at no cost so even if he sells it for $1 a share he pockets $122,000. Labor gets options that are underwater and worthless - executives get grants that can't lose. It's only fair, right?

The stock is a grant, not an option. It was given to him at no cost so even if he sells it for $1 a share he pockets $122,000. Labor gets options that are underwater and worthless - executives get grants that can't lose. It's only fair, right?

How about when the onion has it's IPO. Bet yrc will purchase enough for controling interest through another wage concession.
Wait, they already do control it, carry on!

PS: Someone pointed out to me that the stock is now down to under the initial price 2 weeks, 2 days ago. Divided by 300 by 25= around .001 cents! Holy bat#### batman!