Stock Markets getting shaky

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Magoo, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Rastus

Rastus ..Crossfire Hurricane.. AD-FREE USER

[​IMG]

Who was his baby daddy, your guess is as good as anyone’s.

2. DCM_Doc

DCM_Doc Well-Known Member

Looks like I should have bought back in yesterday or early this morning. The Dow finished up 567. The market fell back in 2010 but as always it came back. There have always & will always be ups and downs. The market is a risk for investors now as it has always been.

troubleman84 likes this.
  3. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

have you been on the Onion again?

First off Hitler did not escape the bunker
    secondly, Hitler was most likely unable to sire children
    Thirdly, Trumps mom never travels to S. America

4. Rastus

Fourth: Obama’s mother traveled a lot :biglaugh:

Big Dave likes this.
  5. troubleman84

troubleman84 Well-Known Member AD-FREE USER

Magoo likes this.
  6. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

That you know about :frog:

7. Magoo

The real problem for anyone who's in the market is losing their ass, Of course 4-5 years down the road it may catch up but the individual investor might be broke by then.
    In any event what happened on Friday and Monday has brought back into mind just what can happen and probably will again.

I'll leave the worry up to you guys with the money, for me it's just an interesting news story. :coffee1:

troubleman84 likes this.
  8. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

Considering hitlers age and his extremely poor health
    It is extremely doubtful

9. Rastus

The Dow was 20,000 one year ago now it’s 25,000 you people really are losing it.
    That means if you had 20k one year ago you would have 25k today.

buffalobill and DCM_Doc like this.
  10. DCM_Doc

DCM_Doc Well-Known Member

I don't worry about the market. A friend older & much wiser told me not to invest more than I can stand to lose.. I prefer investments in land and/or the stock market over the lottery. The odds of winning the lottery are so small that I think it is foolish to spend anything on it.

Magoo likes this.
  11. Magoo

Leottery yes thaats just entertainment. I remember during the crash back in 08 news storys about how State pension funds right here in Florida lost billions. don't think those people will ever recover from it in some would have retired already and some to come but they lost a lot of their future spending ability. Smart people with extra jingle like Doctors and Lawyers use to form investment groups and buy rental proporties like apartment buildings. I think that is a winner if you can do it. The smart ones were buying up when the markets crashed and everyone else was scared. Now prices are back up and not much of a bargain. You have to look hard and find a fixer upper. But it can be done.
    After all what choice do you have anyway? No interest to be earned really that could possibly keep up with inflation.
    The markets are a huge bubble, find something good and do it is the best you can hope to do.
    Oh and elect politicians that will keep the Social Security and medicare promise otherwise you might as well throw in the towel.

12. Northern Flash

Northern Flash They will make you look foolish. AD-FREE USER

We all knew that it was coming soon. There has to be a limit, and when the Feds start talking about inflation and interest rate hikes, that's what triggers it. Anyone with a clue knew that it was coming.

13. Northern Flash

Yep. You know that you are on the opposite side of America when you cheer for a selloff. The Democrats and their rhetoric will be put under a microscope just before the midterms, and their unpatriotic stance on everything will be punished at the polling booths.

14. Northern Flash