ODFL | Stockton votes for possible union

Actually the industry needs the drivers to stick together no matter whats on the side of the door. Industry wide wages for drivers has barely moved the needle in the positive. Seabreeze can co-sign this on how drivers of the past stuck together when trucking was great. Carriers and shippers stick together in the form of pushing lawmakers. I’m just wondering why can’t the drivers especially since demand is constantly increasing?
Everyone deserves to get paid for the work they perform. I feel like the wages have moved quite well over here. I've doubled my wages in the 10 years I've been with OD.

It's 2018 my friend .. Time to let go of the past.. (No offense seabreeze)

No Ump, you won't see me get offended by the truth, besides, I know my generation got the best years of
trucking.
Sad, but laws and deregulation did our industry in, I was one of the fortunate ones, many will never see a dime.
Teamsters have became so diversified, they've left trucking behind.
In my days the union would have laughed at ABFs first offer, not just the employees.
Power we had is no longer there, yep, sad but times have changed.
Just got in from a truck show and CFCCs museum.
I'll be posting some good pics soon, right now got to start boarding up for Florence and get the hell out of Dodge.

Actually the industry needs the drivers to stick together no matter whats on the side of the door. Industry wide wages for drivers has barely moved the needle in the positive. Seabreeze can co-sign this on how drivers of the past stuck together when trucking was great. Carriers and shippers stick together in the form of pushing lawmakers. I’m just wondering why can’t the drivers especially since demand is constantly increasing?
No Ump, you won't see me get offended by the truth, besides, I know my generation got the best years of
trucking.
Sad, but laws and deregulation did our industry in, I was one of the fortunate ones, many will never see a dime.
In my days the union would have laughed at ABFs first offer, not just the employees.
I'll be posting some good pics soon, right now got to start boarding up for Florence and get the hell out of Dodge.
Exellent post. I agree wholeheartedly with you. Be careful my brother. I hope that Florence somehow looses strength. Be safe.

trucking.
Be safe my friend .

So your ok with the current conditions of the industry?

I hope you don't think I'm happy with today's working conditions.
I've seen us fall from top of the ladder to the bottom rung, I don't have an answer how to correct this.
I hear, "why don't you do what we did in the old days"
Well the laws have changed so much, things we could do, might get you jail time today.
A BA called the terminal manager and said "you owe John Doe $6, if you don't have him a draft when I get there,
I'm closing the gates"
When the BA gets there, TM produces pay records, JD had been paid a couple weeks before.
Another BA walks down the dock and tells the guys, "slow down. you're working too fast"
I wonder what would be the outcome, if they pulled that today?
Sad, but most of our power is gone.

I hope you don't think I'm happy with today's working conditions.
I've seen us fall from top of the ladder to the bottom rung, I don't have an answer how to correct this.
I hear, "why don't you do what we did in the old days"
Well the laws have changed so much, things we could do, might get you jail time today.
A BA called the terminal manager and said "you owe John Doe $6, if you don't have him a draft when I get there,
I'm closing the gates"
When the BA gets there, TM produces pay records, JD had been paid a couple weeks before.
Another BA walks down the dock and tells the guys, "slow down. you're working too fast"
I wonder what would be the outcome, if they pulled that today?
Sad, but most of our power is gone.
Some locals still work that way, but your right many don’t. Guess I’m too young with an old soul and ump not seeing we’re all at a decline overall and calls it acceptable is a wow factor.

"Slow down, you're working too fast". How's that working out for you? We're in a service industry and when the customer's freight is late or destroyed they will seek other options. I would be willing to bet if that BA had a business he wouldn't tolerate guys that did the bare minimum or less....hypocrite. If the entitlement attitude often gathered after a short while in union circles would disappear I would bet your numbers may start to rise. But when you guys work like hell to get out of work, or find every little ticky-tack thing management might've done wrong, well, you will go the way of the dinosaur eventually.

"Slow down, you're working too fast". How's that working out for you? We're in a service industry and when the customer's freight is late or destroyed they will seek other options. I would be willing to bet if that BA had a business he wouldn't tolerate guys that did the bare minimum or less....hypocrite. If the entitlement attitude often gathered after a short while in union circles would disappear I would bet your numbers may start to rise. But when you guys work like hell to get out of work, or find every little ticky-tack thing management might've done wrong, well, you will go the way of the dinosaur eventually.

Well, by golly, it didn't work out for me 28 yrs. ago, I guess after deregulation, all those employees of the companies that folded, just worked like hell to work themselves out of work and found all the ticky-tack
things management did wrong, just put them on the track of the dinosaurs.
i wish you had been around back then, you could have saved a lot of jobs.

Some locals still work that way, but your right many don’t. Guess I’m too young with an old soul and ump not seeing we’re all at a decline overall and calls it acceptable is a wow factor.
So what would you have me do? I drive a truck, I'm not a truck driver. Never pretended to be. You want to whine and cry about the way things used to be, knock yourself out. I don't give a rats ass what you think I should be concerned with. I don't work to make you happy, I work to support my family and you have no right suggesting to me how I should do that. My job at OD should have no effect on your union if you were that strong. So please take your high horse and tie it up in your own stable and while your at it clean up the ::shit:: that's been piling up long before I ever started driving a truck.

Still missing the point
What is your point? I come to work to do my job. I get compensated for the work I preform. I choose the job or run that I want to. If I didn’t like it, I would move on. I’m not interested in the politics of everything. Am I treated unfairly. No. Am I asked to do unsafe procedures, no. I’m part of a team or organization that moves freight. I’m not the most important nor the least important. I’m not there to hangout. I’m there to work.

What is your point? I come to work to do my job. I get compensated for the work I preform. I choose the job or run that I want to. If I didn’t like it, I would move on. I’m not interested in the politics of everything. Am I treated unfairly. No. Am I asked to do unsafe procedures, no. I’m part of a team or organization that moves freight. I’m not the most important nor the least important. I’m not there to hangout. I’m there to work.
Good looking fly. I'm too tired to argue with the guy. Couldn't have said it better myself. Trouble, very fitting btw. Please go back to the YRC or political forum and complain there. We are all very satisfied here.

Good looking fly. I'm too tired to argue with the guy. Couldn't have said it better myself. Trouble, very fitting btw. Please go back to the YRC or political forum and complain there. We are all very satisfied here.
I never complain about the job itself. I’ve read where many on here feel p&d lack the OT they should get and there part of the team,but are you ok with those guys not receiving there fair share?

I never complain about the job itself. I’ve read where many on here feel p&d lack the OT they should get and there part of the team,but are you ok with those guys not receiving there fair share?
Give it a rest already .. If it was that big a deal city guys would pack up and leave. It's a good job and with the exception of a few places we get treated fairly. You don't throw the whole Sunday away because you don't like the cherry on top..