Straight trucks

Moneyman01

Proud to be a dad!
Credits
Me and my buddy were talking one day. Hes been doing foodservice for almost 2 years now and he has thought about getting out of it. He told me hes thought about driving a straight truck. I told hime about a company doing roll off containers. They make 24 a hr but I said I have a hard time down grading to a straight truck. Would you guys down grade to a straight truck? I just feel like a wanna be truck driver in a straight truck. But at the same time making 24 a hr and not having to worry about pulling a trailer around the cities would be nice. Opinions?

They do get OT. Monday thru friday. No weekends or holidays. But winter time they slow down alot because construction slows down. Great pay and benefits. I could get in there because we have a family friend that drives for them. There also Union

24/hr? I'd do it. What kind of company is it? Around here, the redi-mix concrete drivers make that kind of dough (27/hr top scale) but it's tough to get in those jobs, and yeah, not much work during the winter either... Probably beats being a freight driver though:/

They do roll off containers. Big dumpsters you see at construction sites and stuff. Onlything you gotta do is tarp it and in tarp. But all there new trucks have auto tarpers. And eventually I could get into there semis hauling from transfer station to landfill.

I drove a straight truck for a few years. I always got stopped by the Indiana DOT when they were doing the annual CVSA blitz because they could get an inspection for their quota without taking a lot of time.

I'm not too proud though, I'd drive a little car if it made money for me and mine.

Money is money, Moneyman!! I took some good natured crap from my buddies for taking my current job because I spend a considerable amount of time in the office. But, you know what, it was the BEST move I've ever made. Remember to look at the complete package - pay, benefits, hours, schedule, amount of work available, equipment, holidays, vacations, retirement, etc. I also know that you have a little guy that you like spending time with!

The hours are pretty nice. They start at 6 am everyday sometimes earlier. Monday thru Friday. No weekends or holidays. Teamsters, pretty good bennies, and good equipment. Pretty much newer and they keep them in good shape. I really only have 1 buddy that will give me **** but he's a super trucker. He gets a hardon when he hauls over sized loads. He thinks he's the best trucker on earth. I know we do this for money. He does it cut he looks cool I think. He said he will quit when they give him a Volvo or the peterbilts and kws are gone.