SAIA | Strange but true ???

Not near as bad as this stamped in concrete, IN CALIFORNIA , lol

koIUkou.jpg

Yes awsome! Remember Sterling Marlin and “Mr.Excitment” Jimmy Spencer. Oh the good ol days of racing when you could bang em up.
I believe I saw Davy’s last race (maybe second to last) in New Hampshire? The drivers went around the track in trolley cars. I have a picture somewhere. Sad thing with him and Alan both. Definitely not the same as back then. I barely follow the sport now. Ice man Terry Labonte, Handsome Harry Gant etc. yup..

I believe I saw Davy’s last race (maybe second to last) in New Hampshire? The drivers went around the track in trolley cars. I have a picture somewhere. Sad thing with him and Alan both. Definitely not the same as back then. I barely follow the sport now. Ice man Terry Labonte, Handsome Harry Gant etc. yup..

Memories , so many. I still watch but it’s not the same enthusiasm, just can’t pick a favorite, was to loyal to the 28. My daughter still reminds me of when she was 5 yrs old and came to me chocking on a piece of ice(so she says) and I would not help her because there was 5 laps to go :hilarious: . We both laugh now(no child was injured, just mentally)

I go back a even a little farther, Cotton Owens,Banjo Matthews,Buddy Shuman,Glen Dunaway,Reb Wickersham
Herb Thomas, it was not uncommon to have a big fight after the race in those days, after all, the purse was $250
I never watch it anymore, it's not racing just, a business these days.

I go back a even a little farther, Cotton Owens,Banjo Matthews,Buddy Shuman,Glen Dunaway,Reb Wickersham
Herb Thomas, it was not uncommon to have a big fight after the race in those days, after all, the purse was $250
I never watch it anymore, it's not racing just, a business these days.

Wow, that’s some old timers huh. $250 !That’s a love for racing.You hardly if ever hear those names mentioned anymore.How ironic is it that fireball Roberts died from burns on a first lap wreck.